Off-Topic Mass killings

Would need to ask what other libraries do you think you aren’t allowed until after government decides you are worthy of it? Then when the scumbags see they can control people by controlling that system what happens when you don’t agree with their opinion? I get both sides of the argument. A gun can certainly pose an immediate risk. While voting in the wrong people can pose a more long term negative impact and on much more people. Who gets decide who gets to vote and who doesn’t? It is going to be the evil people who abused their power to lock down the common folk while they ignored all their own rules.
I'm not sure I could argue against some basic civics education being required to vote either. It's obvious from these OT threads that people lack a fundamental understanding of how the 3 branches and checks and balances are supposed to work.

Advertisement
I understand the concern and can't say I don't share it. Once you go to constitutional carry, you get businesses putting up No Weapons signs because of political pressure. That makes for a whole different set of problems, the effects of which are felt by legal gun owners, not criminals.
If it is private land then fine. Though I figure that will go away fast as either the competitors that don’t care get more business or the ones that don’t allow them become the new soft targets. I am wondering about any business that gets some kind of government support should also be considered an agent of the government and thus must not trample upon freedoms the government isn’t allowed to trample upon?

If it is private land then fine. Though I figure that will go away fast as either the competitors that don’t care get more business or the ones that don’t allow them become the new soft targets. I am wondering about any business that gets some kind of government support should also be considered an agent of the government and thus must not trample upon freedoms the government isn’t allowed to trample upon?
But there are plenty of those signs out there now and the're not going away.

I'm not sure I could argue against some basic civics education being required to vote either. It's obvious from these OT threads that people lack a fundamental understanding of how the 3 branches and checks and balances are supposed to work.
In theory I can get behind that. We could all use better understanding. I have learned a lot in the past few years by listening And finding new sources of information. Problem is evil idiots get to control it.

It is kind of the same of a lot of big government and global government ideas. On paper seems good and you imagine some well informed virtuous people running it. Unfortunately it all falls apart because we get some combination of idiots, grifters, and corrupt people who get into this stuff.

No. SCOTUS finally has enough adults on it to stop the insanity of muppets.

Following the Constitution ia wonderful isn't it.

Or is just making shït up a better way to have laws?
Did they? Let me suggest that SCOTUS violated separation of church and state. The US is not a Xian Nation. Perhaps most hypocritical!

Advertisement
because people like you use it as a gateway to take away all rights.

its never enough.

there is no problem with most of what you mention above thematically so long as it remains in the hands of reasonable people.
It is the GOP stripping rights away to create a Xian state.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I understand the concern and can't say I don't share it. Once you go to constitutional carry, you get businesses putting up No Weapons signs because of political pressure. That makes for a whole different set of problems, the effects of which are felt by legal gun owners, not criminals.
Im glad you brought this up. I’ve made this argument for years now. There are so many shops in the triangle area here, that have no weapons signs. Most of them are places in strip malls, downtown areas, etc. where you have to park in a deck or lot and walk there. So it effectively prevents you from legally carrying at all. And these are crowded places, prime for shootings.

I know if it’s private you can’t do anything about it, but I wish there was a compromise to be made, where it was universal per town, or something. It’s a huge issue and it never gets talked about.

There are almost 100,000 public schools in the US and we're adding 87,000 armed IRS agents. Make each one work out of a different public school front office.

Of course, people scoffed at the idea of spending money to harden schools or hire more protection, but cheered and defended the IRS expansion. It shows where their priorities lie.

Advertisement
Im glad you brought this up. I’ve made this argument for years now. There are so many shops in the triangle area here, that have no weapons signs. Most of them are places in strip malls, downtown areas, etc. where you have to park in a deck or lot and walk there. So it effectively prevents you from legally carrying at all. And these are crowded places, prime for shootings.

I know if it’s private you can’t do anything about it, but I wish there was a compromise to be made, where it was universal per town, or something. It’s a huge issue and it never gets talked about.
I still carry in those places and in court you will win if deadly force is needed.

Those signs are not law. Your 2nd amendment right to protection trumps the store owners fear of guns.

The Indiana mall shooting was in a place with no guns allowed signs. He faces no charges.

I still carry in those places and in court you will win if deadly force is needed.

Those signs are not law. Your 2nd amendment right to protection trumps the store owners fear of guns.

The Indiana mall shooting was in a place with no guns allowed signs. He faces no charges.
In NC those signs have “force of law.” So no you can’t win in court, unless you get a good judge.

There are almost 100,000 public schools in the US and we're adding 87,000 armed IRS agents. Make each one work out of a different public school front office.

Of course, people scoffed at the idea of spending money to harden schools or hire more protection, but cheered and defended the IRS expansion. It shows where their priorities lie.
Expanding the IRS . . . or arming the IRS is the issue? Or is it the combo that is the problem? Perhaps arming the IRS is a reflection of the times.

I think this is two straight posts of yours I agree with. Businesses cannot take our rights away.

Advertisement
Back