Off-Topic Mass killings

In NC those signs have “force of law.” So no you can’t win in court, unless you get a good judge.
Well thanks for that info. Just looked it up and alot of states have that.

Ill still go by rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Still believe you get off it you have to shoot someone in self defense but that does make it much more tricky.

Advertisement
Well thanks for that info. Just looked it up and alot of states have that.

Ill still go by rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Still believe you get off it you have to shoot someone in self defense but that does make it much more tricky.
I’m not saying you’re incorrect in that thinking, bc I feel the exact same way. And it’s also why I said *legally carry* in that other post.

But in today’s world you better know where you are if that situation comes up. We all know some areas are much more likely to bring charges against you than others. Even if it’s clear self defense. I was just stating the law as it’s written. Ultimately, you’re at the mercy of your judge and your peers.

I’m not saying you’re incorrect in that thinking, bc I feel the exact same way. And it’s also why I said *legally carry* in that other post.

But in today’s world you better know where you are if that situation comes up. We all know some areas are much more likely to bring charges against you than others. Even if it’s clear self defense. I was just stating the law as it’s written. Ultimately, you’re at the mercy of your judge and your peers.
Thanks for sharing that info. As a concealed carry holder i need to know that.

Advertisement
Why should tax workers have guns? Are people murdering irs agents?
https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-irs-armed-idUSL1N2ZT296

"Social media users are claiming that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is hiring 87,000 new armed IRS agents. This claim is false. The job listing being shared is for IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agents, and currently only about 2,100 special agents carry firearms, according to IRS’s Criminal Investigation (CI) department."

Look, the IRS is understaffed. I can tell you from firsthand knowledge as a paper filer. They are holding up refunds for paper filers. On their site, it mentions it can be 7-8 months until those refunds will go out because of their labor shortage. At my company, we had to wait over a year for a refund last year. Neither situation had anything to do with audits.

Now, is 87,000 overkill? That is a good question.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-irs-armed-idUSL1N2ZT296

"Social media users are claiming that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is hiring 87,000 new armed IRS agents. This claim is false. The job listing being shared is for IRS Criminal Investigation Special Agents, and currently only about 2,100 special agents carry firearms, according to IRS’s Criminal Investigation (CI) department."

Look, the IRS is understaffed. I can tell you from firsthand knowledge as a paper filer. They are holding up refunds for paper filers. On their site, it mentions it can be 7-8 months until those refunds will go out because of their labor shortage. At my company, we had to wait over a year for a refund last year. Neither situation had anything to do with audits.

Now, is 87,000 overkill? That is a good question.
You still didnt explain why tax workers need guns.

In their training on the irs website it stated they must be willing to use deadly force. They were forced to remove it.

It also stated 70k would be armed with guns.

In their training on the irs website it stated they must be willing to use deadly force. They were forced to remove it.

From the AP: "“In reality, only a small fraction of IRS employees – about 2,100 special agents in IRS Criminal Investigation – carry firearms."

Maybe some of the 87000 new hires (if that's the right number) will become Criminal Investigative special agents, but that's likely a small number.

Advertisement

If you read the link I sent, "The IRS CI is a law enforcement agency within the IRS." Law enforcement needs guns no? My father was a letter carrier for over 40 years. He never carried a gun, but you know who did, postal inspectors. The law enforcement arm of the Post Office.

Where does it state 70,000 agents will be armed with guns?

From the AP: "“In reality, only a small fraction of IRS employees – about 2,100 special agents in IRS Criminal Investigation – carry firearms."

Maybe some of the 87000 new hires (if that's the right number) will become Criminal Investigative special agents, but that's likely a small number.
Now, it has been revealed that of the 81,000 IRS agents that were hired under the Build Back Better-lite bill passed by the Senate, 70,000 will be armed.

If you read the link I sent, "The IRS CI is a law enforcement agency within the IRS." Law enforcement needs guns no? My father was a letter carrier for over 40 years. He never carried a gun, but you know who did, postal inspectors. The law enforcement arm of the Post Office.

Where does it state 70,000 agents will be armed with guns?
The poorly named Inflation Reduction Act, passed over the weekend by Senate Democrats, is slated to create positions for nearly 87,000 new IRS agents, 70,000 of whom will be armed.

Advertisement
Not saying youre wrong. Why did the irs website say that and then remove it when people found out?
Government incompetence? Who knows?

Common sense dictates the IRS clearly doesn't need 70,000 more armed agents. The 2100 already working criminal cases is, I'm sure, more than enough. I just don't see conspiracy under every rock that gets overturned.

Advertisement
Government incompetence? Who knows?

Common sense dictates the IRS clearly doesn't need 70,000 more armed agents. The 2100 already working criminal cases is, I'm sure, more than enough. I just don't see conspiracy under every rock that gets overturned.
Why the need for this.

In just the last few months, the Internal Revenue Service has bought almost 5,000,000 rounds of small arms ammunition — spending almost $700,000 in the process.

Why the need for this.

In just the last few months, the Internal Revenue Service has bought almost 5,000,000 rounds of small arms ammunition — spending almost $700,000 in the process.
Who is feeding you info like that? As before, I'd question it. Now, if it were the ATF stocking up, I might be more worried.

Who is feeding you info like that? As before, I'd question it. Now, if it were the ATF stocking up, I might be more worried.
Ummm the news is feeding me that info. Youre allowed to not believe it but it goes back to that kgb member telling Americans you will be shown facts and not believe them.

Advertisement
Back