Off-Topic Mass killings

because people like you use it as a gateway to take away all rights.

its never enough.

there is no problem with most of what you mention above themarically so long as it remains in the hands of reasonable people.

Where did I say anything about taking rights away??

I remember when Reagan threatened states their Federal money unless they raised drinking age. Why can't same be done with rifles?

Advertisement
For those defending Alex Jones, so ... you can just slander anyone at any time with no accountability for the truth? In this case, he attacked slain children and parents with a line of crap that no one in their right mind would believe (which says a lot to me about his listeners).

I still can't fathom his motive. If anyone knows it, pls enlighten me why he called the incident a "hoax with actors playing the bereaved parents"? For me, bankrupting Jones is him getting off very easy.
CNN does it minute by minute. As has several government agencies. Oberlin College, the list goes on and on.

Jones' behavior is abhorrent, but why is it illegal?

Slippery slope.

I remember when Reagan threatened states their Federal money unless they raised drinking age. Why can't same be done with rifles?
Uh, didn't you just suggest taking away the rights of under 21 year olds? And professed support for arbitrary background checks to exercise a right guaranteed in the CONUS?

because drinking isnt in the Constitution.

again, muppets love to just make shït up.

if what you propose is so reasonable, ammend Constitution.

Easy peasy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So, how do local governments and citizens slow down the gun violence??

I would imagine all the gun experts want Constitutional Carry laws. What else?

What does it hurt to raise age for all gun purchases to 21?? The US Government did it for alcohol and cigarettes.

What does it hurt to have background check if you want to buy a gun at a show or a private sale??
For the record, I prefer concealed carry permits and dislike the idea of open carry. That doesn't mean prosecuting someone who accidentally prints while carrying concealed with a license.

I think it helps that people who might carry have instruction on the laws surrounding guns and basic gun safety.

Advertisement
Was the assault weapons ban from the mid 90's - early '00's a slippery slope? I don't recall a huge push to ban all weapons during that time period. I could be wrong.

Gun laws are the gateway drug of our time. I'm sure the NRA will create a "Reefer Madness 2.0" soon. :)

Alcohol is not a right given by God.

Protecting yourself and family is.

Simple

Advertisement
Was the assault weapons ban from the mid 90's - early '00's a slippery slope? I don't recall a huge push to ban all weapons during that time period. I could be wrong.

Gun laws are the gateway drug of our time. I'm sure the NRA will create a "Reefer Madness 2.0" soon. :)
The extremists were very much still pushing more bans. The AWB passing was such an unpopular measure for voters that the moderates had to back away...

For the record, I prefer concealed carry permits and dislike the idea of open carry. That doesn't mean prosecuting someone who accidentally prints while carrying concealed with a license.

I think it helps that people who might carry have instruction on the laws surrounding guns and basic gun safety.
Would need to ask what other libraries do you think you aren’t allowed until after government decides you are worthy of it? Then when the scumbags see they can control people by controlling that system what happens when you don’t agree with their opinion? I get both sides of the argument. A gun can certainly pose an immediate risk. While voting in the wrong people can pose a more long term negative impact and on much more people. Who gets decide who gets to vote and who doesn’t? It is going to be the evil people who abused their power to lock down the common folk while they ignored all their own rules.

Would need to ask what other libraries do you think you aren’t allowed until after government decides you are worthy of it? Then when the scumbags see they can control people by controlling that system what happens when you don’t agree with their opinion? I get both sides of the argument. A gun can certainly pose an immediate risk. While voting in the wrong people can pose a more long term negative impact and on much more people. Who gets decide who gets to vote and who doesn’t? It is going to be the evil people who abused their power to lock down the common folk while they ignored all their own rules.
I understand the concern and can't say I don't share it. Once you go to constitutional carry, you get businesses putting up No Weapons signs because of political pressure. That makes for a whole different set of problems, the effects of which are felt by legal gun owners, not criminals.

Advertisement
Back