Maryland Toxic Culture

Advertisement
McFartland did Miami dirty. Fawk him, he got wat he deserves - a POS Maryland program.

Advertisement
seems plausible.. however, since it was from an espn article, I would hold off because espn likes to sensationalize things like what is going on at osu without all the facts. I mean they rehired American hating Olberman. I mean unless the coach is overusing the medical people out there and continuing to tell him to keep going, he is probably free of an responsibility. too much legal issues to not have doctors at every practice and I bet they film every practice as well
political

Good
Durkin is dog **** and his staff and the university are going to pay for it.

Soft. I'm a millennial, but sometimes this **** makes me smh.

"Wahhhh, my coach made fun of me. Wahhhh. He made me eat a candy bar in front of everybody! Wahhhhh!"

*****. Get your fat *** in shape then. Football is a man's sport. Quit whining about stupid ****.

Read this article about how several current University of Maryland football players and people close to the Terrapins program describe a toxic coaching culture under head coach D.J. Durkin before offensive lineman Jordan McNair's death in June after a football workout.
I can't help but think about how McFarland punked us over a few years ago for them... Some kids just don't have enough brain cells to make wise decisions I guess
A couple of nice snippets

• There is a coaching environment based on fear and intimidation. In one example, a player holding a meal while in a meeting had the meal slapped out of his hands in front of the team. At other times, small weights and other objects were thrown in the direction of players when Court was angry.
  • The belittling, humiliation and embarrassment of players is common. In one example, a player whom coaches wanted to lose weight was forced to eat candy bars as he was made to watch teammates working out.
  • Extreme verbal abuse of players occurs often. Players are routinely the targets of obscenity-laced epithets meant to mock their masculinity when they are unable to complete a workout or weight lift, for example. One player was belittled verbally after passing out during a drill.
  • Coaches have endorsed unhealthy eating habits and used food punitively; for example, a player said he was forced to overeat or eat to the point of vomiting.

Sounds like good ole fashioned discipline to me...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just an FYI for people on this board who read the article.

Your brain is literally being cooked at 106 degrees. He did need to be put in an ice bath until his body hit 104 degrees and then they should’ve let his body naturally bring down his temperature from there.

Just an FYI for people on this board who read the article.

Your brain is literally being cooked at 106 degrees. He did need to be put in an ice bath until his body hit 104 degrees and then they should’ve let his body naturally bring down his temperature from there.
The family is questioning why it took a hour in between showing signs and then him having a seizure. Maryland will have to show they have a protocol in place for that.

Advertisement
like I said, I told all y'all to wait. everyone jumping on durkin, but no one wanted to what until the full story came out. I am not defending durkin, he may well be a scumbag. I am just tired of the media and people convicting people in the media before all the facts come out. now we find out durkin wasn't even there and it was the strength and conditioning staff..

News on DJ Durkin in Wake of Jordan McNair's Death

Last edited:
like I said, I told all y'all to wait. everyone jumping on durkin, but no one wanted to what until the full story came out. I am not defending durkin, he may well be a scumbag. I am just tired of the media and people convicting people in the media before all the facts come out. now we find out durkin wasn't even there and it was the strength and conditioning staff..

News on DJ Durkin in Wake of Jordan McNair's Death
In a July 12 press release announcing the resumption of normal workouts after classifying them voluntary for the weeks following McNair's death, Maryland revealed for the first time that Durkin had been present at McNair's final workout.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Maryland fans that were some of the biggest scumbags on the planet immediately post Bryan Pata's death? And not some isolated anecdotal incidents but a situation where EVERY Cane fan that went to College Park for that game came back saying the same thing.

Advertisement
"In one example, a player whom coaches wanted to lose weight was forced to eat candy bars as he was made to watch teammates working out."

Sorry but actually to me that sounds kinda funny.....it wouldn't have embarrassed a fat version of me playing football in the least, ( especially if it was one of those PayDay Candy Bars!!)

...Only problem is that it's completely counterproductive to the lose weight goal

Last edited:
Soft. I'm a millennial, but sometimes this **** makes me smh.

"Wahhhh, my coach made fun of me. Wahhhh. He made me eat a candy bar in front of everybody! Wahhhhh!"

*****. Get your fat *** in shape then. Football is a man's sport. Quit whining about stupid ****.
So you dont have a problem with a player replying Go suck your wifes aids infested pu**y to a coach huh? *** for tat. Show disrespect get disrespect .... I got no problem with that.

Advertisement
Back