Martell transfers to 3rd school

Because Enos coached Tua and we were under the impression that he was bringing that offense with him and not whatever that crap was that we saw. Tua is 5'11 so I could see why Martell could have gotten fooled. But we should have known something was up when Hurts didnt follow him here. Smh.
Yeah man, he had me suckered in too. I was all hyped about “spread coast” offense until that first game against UF when I saw them lining up under center running play action on 2nd and 12.

Advertisement
Yeah man, he had me suckered in too. I was all hyped about “spread coast” offense until that first game against UF when I saw them lining up under center running play action on 2nd and 12.

LOL, not me Bro.

I knew He was gonna run that Big-10 bull$h!t we saw at Arkansas when He ran Alex Collins into the ground...Him & Bulimia were a perfect match.

Official, Martell to unlv

Yeesh. All that IG hype from him for the past six months—the grind, the hustle and all the photoshoots in Vegas and teasers to his next move—and it goes big fish in a little pond, stay-at-home route. Probably the best move, after not beating out Williams or Perry at Miami. Can't see how he'd have fared better at a bigger program.

That stutter step, tho

1627329582425.gif

Advertisement
BUt but but they said he was a stud.....I said when OSU let's a qb and Urban Meyer QB transfer that means they suck. Especially when the spot is open....Burrow is the only guy and Newton cause the QB room was legit but those guys r big...pause. Martell was like 3 feet tall and our evals are questionable so I was sus
Plus he's already 23 years old lol!

I dont see him starting at UNLV unless their QB room is empty. He's not a D1 QB. His best shot at starting was to go DII or DIII.

Advertisement
LOL, not me Bro.

I knew He was gonna run that Big-10 bull$h!t we saw at Arkansas when He ran Alex Collins into the ground...Him & Bulimia were a perfect match.
Man, I thought after he had been a first hand witness on Alabama’s philosophy change, he was jumping on that spread bandwagon too. As soon as he got to install his own playbook, it was right back to 1980’s seven step drops and play action passes on third and long. Dude was butt cheeks.

At least when they hired Lashlee I could go back and see his actual offense with him calling the plays at UConn and SMU so I knew we weren’t being sold false goods again.

I dont see him starting at UNLV unless their QB room is empty. He's not a D1 QB. His best shot at starting was to go DII or DIII.

Yeah, that's the only way I see Him starting too, especially with Him not having Spring ball under His belt.

Funny thing is, UNLV didn't want Him the first time He was a free agent, and they had His old HS coach as their HC.

Nevertheless, as critical as I've been of Him, I hope it works out for Tate and He balls out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, I thought after he had been a first hand witness on Alabama’s philosophy change, he was jumping on that spread bandwagon too. As soon as he got to install his own playbook, it was right back to 1980’s seven step drops and play action passes on third and long. Dude was butt cheeks.

At least when they hired Lashlee I could go back and see his actual offense with him calling the plays at UConn and SMU so I knew we weren’t being sold false goods again.
Yea Martell definitely expected a different offense. Came down to Miami and was like wtf is this? Lol. And to make matters better, Penos forced Martell to change his throwing form lol. I can understand why he went awol with what transpired for him down here.

But he persevered and threw 100% completion % on the year lmao.

I don't know why there is hate for this kid here. He chose us over many others when we wanted him, he helped bring another west coast kid or two most likely, he worked hard, he was a good teammate, he suffered through Enos, he helped bring Kiki pix to the board. He just wasn't a good enough CFB QB. I'm sure he's more bummed about that than we are. He tried his best. I wish him all the luck in the world and if he decided he wants to identify as a Cane for the rest of his life, I welcome him.

Advertisement
Back