Martell transfers to 3rd school

I don't know why there is hate for this kid here. He chose us over many others when we wanted him, he helped bring another west coast kid or two most likely, he worked hard, he was a good teammate, he suffered through Enos, he helped bring Kiki pix to the board. He just wasn't a good enough CFB QB. I'm sure he's more bummed about that than we are. He tried his best. I wish him all the luck in the world and if he decided he wants to identify as a Cane for the rest of his life, I welcome him.
Something that is funny is most people here didn't want Martell to start anyway so they got what they wanted. I think it sucks that the guy never got a chance to play QB until the bowl game when the team was in cashed out mode.

I bet Hurts is so glad he never came here to play under Enos.

I don't how much of a chance at starting for UNLV he has coming in this time of the year but I hope things turn around for him and he makes something out of it.

Advertisement
I have no hate for the young fella. Unfortunately, he came in with Penos (not that it would have made a difference) and he’s understandably ***** whipped.

The Tate Martell saga is hella old. It feels like were talking about a guy that just turned 40 years old and is still waiting for his shot.

Something that is funny is most people here didn't want Martell to start anyway so they got what they wanted. I think it sucks that the guy never got a chance to play QB until the bowl game when the team was in cashed out mode.

I bet Hurts is so glad he never came here to play under Enos.

I don't how much of a chance at starting for UNLV he has coming in this time of the year but I hope things turn around for him and he makes something out of it.
UNLV took him as an athlete so he may be trying to play WR.

Advertisement
I don't know why there is hate for this kid here. He chose us over many others when we wanted him, he helped bring another west coast kid or two most likely, he worked hard, he was a good teammate, he suffered through Enos, he helped bring Kiki pix to the board. He just wasn't a good enough CFB QB. I'm sure he's more bummed about that than we are. He tried his best. I wish him all the luck in the world and if he decided he wants to identify as a Cane for the rest of his life, I welcome him.
Idk about that last part fam. He had an interview about his transfer. Not a word about Miami. Dude got sucked into the Miami lifestyle and it spit him out.
They asked why he chose to walk on as an athlete as oppose to taking a scholarship elsewhere and he said it was mainly the coach then added this:

“While at Ohio State, I saw how a winning culture impacts a team. How when the team buys into it, they become more than a team — they are a family — and coach Arroyo is building that here and building it the right way. Once we step on the field, our opponents know that the Rebels are going to give them one **** of a fight, that we won’t back down or be an easy win, and that all starts with what coach Arroyo is building, and I want to be a part of that.”

Said he got his degree from The U.

Said he got his degree from The U.

Good for him on getting his degree. That will serve him much more than his football prowess.

Because Enos coached Tua and we were under the impression that he was bringing that offense with him and not whatever that crap was that we saw. Tua is 5'11 so I could see why Martell could have gotten fooled. But we should have known something was up when Hurts didnt follow him here. Smh.
Enos and Jarren had us suckered pretty good. Both ended being fool’s gold

Advertisement
Enos and Jarren had us suckered pretty good. Both ended being fool’s gold

Except for a few games, Jarren had some solid stats for a first year starter. The questions that remain are can He put bong down, get in shape, and take His game to the next level...we'll see.

Man I honestly hope he can do some good on the field. Dude came to college and learned a lot of hard lessons. But I appreciate his willingness to take a walk on spot and continuing to chase the dream instead of just fading away.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back