Marshall?

I know for one hundred percent fact he was broke off BIG!!.

UF was running third,even though they thought they were in it. When it leaked he committed to the staff and the crystal balls rolled in Miami they had a decision to make. His coach got broke off too.
I'm not arguing against the bag issue bro...it is what it is ...***** it let him and his fam eat in peace....still doesn't take away the fact UF already stole Hendo from this staff...If not mistaken, one day after a Hendo tweet to Marshall he committed to UF... a first round pick from your area telling you to pick a school (he just left )has to be worth its weight in gold....we also missed on several mid to top level prospects ....the bag excuse is getting old to me Marshall was prolly gonna flip anyway just like the rest....

My whole point about our CB room is this... "if" Rumph is supposed to be a big time developer.. he needs to get Blades picked high or we will continue to lose top rated CBs "annually" imo....prolly one of the hardest positions to land is a 5* or top rated 4* sfla CB without a bag...who knows? what else can this staff say or do to keep the bag man from stealing top CBs from sfla? Put one in the phuckin league early...

Advertisement
he didnt commit publicly, but he did commit to the staff, which then got leaked to Bama and UF. theres a reason every recruiting sites best guys switched their pick to miami.
That silent commit $hi+ is for the birds....only go by what you hear from a recruit publicly....also, don't count them in a class until they sign and enroll...

That silent commit $hi+ is for the birds....only go by what you hear from a recruit publicly....also, don't count them in a class until they sign and enroll...

sure but in this situation, this had nothign to do with the CB coach. he wasnt the reason wed get marshall and wasnt the reason we lost him. you can ignore the facts of the situation if you want but youre only lying to yourself then. we lost him to bags. it is what it is and happens.

sure but in this situation, this had nothign to do with the CB coach. he wasnt the reason wed get marshall and wasnt the reason we lost him. you can ignore the facts of the situation if you want but youre only lying to yourself then. we lost him to bags. it is what it is and happens.
There is no proof of this to the public eye all we have are guys on here saying he got the bag ....do you realize every time we lose a bigtime recruit it's always about the bag? when we gain one its never about bags...lol seriously, I'm not disputing bags bro it is what it is...it's a reality, but if you're ever going to defeat them, you have to put kids in the league....especially at a position like CB....the only other solution is to promise them ( 5*) a starting position...which wouldn't be a bad promise in our current situation imo..our staff prolly be telling 5* CBs they have a chance to play special teams or possibly crack the 2 deep early.... they turn on the game see Ivey getting cooked by UAB Sammy Watkins 2* cousin ...they be like "get da ***** outta hear" I'm not sitting behind him...lol

There is no proof of this to the public eye all we have are guys on here saying he got the bag ....do you realize every time we lose a bigtime recruit it's always about the bag? when we gain one its never about bags...lol seriously, I'm not disputing bags bro it is what it is...it's a reality, but if you're ever going to defeat them, you have to put kids in the league....especially at a position like CB....the only other solution is to promise them ( 5*) a starting position...which wouldn't be a bad promise in our current situation imo..our staff prolly be telling 5* CBs they have a chance to play special teams or possibly crack the 2 deep early.... they turn on the game see Ivey getting cooked by UAB Sammy Watkins 2* cousin ...they be like "get da ***** outta hear" I'm not sitting behind him...lol

ask anyone who knows the ins and outs of his recruitment.

Advertisement
Watkin’s cousin is going to the league 2 star or not.
Maybe what ivey does in practice is great and then he checks out game time. Idk.
Idk if the back ups are better than ivey and idk what other people in here know.
But what I do know is that we haven’t recruited a sure thing athletic 6 foot tall corner who is above a 95 percentile athlete in a very long time.
What I do know is that all the db’s That have gone in the first round the last few years do fit that description. Georgia, Florida, Alabama and Ohio state recruit absolute freaks at db. I don’t Think Alabama even recruits any db’s under 6 feet tall the last few years.

You want Rumph to put a dude in the first round that doesn’t have any measurables even close to what those schools are getting as freshman.
It’s like saying Thomas brown was a failure cause he couldn’t get Yearby in the first round. Dude was getting caught from behind by g5 linebackers.

Im not saying Rumph is the answer nor am I defending him. I’m just being realistic.

Idk if Rumph is the reason ivey sucks Or the reason why Blades is playing well.
But I guarantee you that neither of them would start at Bama or Ohio state or LSU. And that has nothing to do with Rumph.

Idk enough to criticize Rumph’s coaching especially when Blades played well last year and looked good this first game.

But Until Miami gets the level of athlete that the top schools are getting at corner back we will be disappointed at what the corner back position at the university of Miami looks like regardless who’s coaching.
Unfortunately that level of athlete is expensive AF.

Ncaa was just waiting to pounce if Miami got into the bidding war. Sorry Bro there are times when you can play the bag game and times when you know it's all a setup that could wreck the program. Second, we also know that even Bama balked at the asking amount. It's not because they don't have the money, but because they know what players are worth. Vastly overpaying like UF did is not only pathetic, but also shows other recruits that Miami is recruiting scared and they can squeeze Miami.

Also, a kid like him with a coach who is anti-Miami would be quite likely to take Miami's money and say he was committed, then a few months from now take another 100k to flip to UF or Bama. There was no point in trying to come up with a bag because we'd be flushing money down the toilet.
Hard to believe after the Shapiro years when we couldn't even get away with dinners and boat rides that people think we'd somehow get away with dropping 5/6 figure bags..

You made me sad with this but I didn’t want to give you a sad emoji. Lol. We’ve done really well in a lot of spots. Just have to recruit better at CB. I’m not gonna sweat Marshall when I’ve had more than 1 connected poster say it was big $$$.
We need to be locking up targets below that level though and we haven’t been doing it.
(y)

Watkin’s cousin is going to the league 2 star or not.
Maybe what ivey does in practice is great and then he checks out game time. Idk.
Idk if the back ups are better than ivey and idk what other people in here know.
But what I do know is that we haven’t recruited a sure thing athletic 6 foot tall corner who is above a 95 percentile athlete in a very long time.
What I do know is that all the db’s That have gone in the first round the last few years do fit that description. Georgia, Florida, Alabama and Ohio state recruit absolute freaks at db. I don’t Think Alabama even recruits any db’s under 6 feet tall the last few years.

You want Rumph to put a dude in the first round that doesn’t have any measurables even close to what those schools are getting as freshman.
It’s like saying Thomas brown was a failure cause he couldn’t get Yearby in the first round. Dude was getting caught from behind by g5 linebackers.

Im not saying Rumph is the answer nor am I defending him. I’m just being realistic.

Idk if Rumph is the reason ivey sucks Or the reason why Blades is playing well.
But I guarantee you that neither of them would start at Bama or Ohio state or LSU. And that has nothing to do with Rumph.

Idk enough to criticize Rumph’s coaching especially when Blades played well last year and looked good this first game.

But Until Miami gets the level of athlete that the top schools are getting at corner back we will be disappointed at what the corner back position at the university of Miami looks like regardless who’s coaching.
Unfortunately that level of athlete is expensive AF.
Ivey may have to face several kids that will play in the league better and faster than Watkins..

Blades is 6'1 192 with a great shuttle 3.95 college film proves it.... I'd say he prolly runs close to a 4.52 40 which is what 1st round pick Arnette ran...has very good ball skills....the only question mark in his game right now is physicality....he has all the necessary tools to be at least a 3rd rounder....Igbinoghene is only 5'10 , Quincy Wilson ran a 4.54 which was a big surprise most thought he was slower....if you look there are countless CBs that have been chosen early (3rd round ) without freakish measurables...

Advertisement
ok. follow the bouncing ball. Quincy was disrespected and Chad has alot of clout in So Fla. once he went there and other DB's followed, UF build a reputation with DB's.

They had one before Wilson. They started recruiting great at the position when Janoris Jenkins was there, through Hargreaves and then on to Wilson.

Ivey may have to face several kids that will play in the league better and faster than Watkins..

Blades is 6'1 192 with a great shuttle 3.95 college film proves it.... I'd say he prolly runs close to a 4.52 40 which is what 1st round pick Arnette ran...has very good ball skills....the only question mark in his game right now is physicality....he has all the necessary tools to be at least a 3rd rounder....Igbinoghene is only 5'10 , Quincy Wilson ran a 4.54 which was a big surprise most thought he was slower....if you look there are countless CBs that have been chosen early (3rd round ) without freakish measurables...
You are correct. But everyone keeps saying Rumph needs to put dudes in the first round in order to pull the elite db’s like Marshall.
We don’t have anyone on this team that has the measurables of a 1st round db.
Take Shaun Wade for example. He’s projected as maybe going top 10. 6’1-6’2 207lbs and runs a 4.45. We haven’t had anyone on our squad like that in a very very long time. We do t even have anyone we can land this year like that. Idk if we even have anyone considering us for the 22 class like that.

You are correct. But everyone keeps saying Rumph needs to put dudes in the first round in order to pull the elite db’s like Marshall.
We don’t have anyone on this team that has the measurables of a 1st round db.
Take Shaun Wade for example. He’s projected as maybe going top 10. 6’1-6’2 207lbs and runs a 4.45. We haven’t had anyone on our squad like that in a very very long time. We do t even have anyone we can land this year like that. Idk if we even have anyone considering us for the 22 class like that.
It's definitely hard to find 3* HS prospects like VT CB Calib Farley a HS QB with 10.7 speed ....there are some prospects in this class that have great potential...4* ath 6'2 190 Tommi Hill Edgewater 11.12 100 , 22.65 200 as soph , 4x100 and 200, long jumper...all around track ath.... plays both ways at WR/CB...

We have his teammate LB Troutman but this is a kid we should try to flip imo...already has the size, speed and ball skills necessary ( with some work) to play at a high level... Everytime I watch his tape can't believe we're not on him hard...maybe they think he's kinda stiff?? watch his entire cb tape and you will see different...

There are good prospects still out there bro gotta do some research .... also can't forget about breakout players...this is a area coaches should spend more time evaluating... combination of size, speed, ball skills, hips, physicality, etc..a kid like this is worth the risk imo...at 6'2 190 won't lose much ( if any) speed adding more weight at the next level....we can see him play against IMG this week to see how he improved at CB...also get to see Brown vs Leary....should be interesting...

It's definitely hard to find 3* HS prospects like VT CB Calib Farley a HS QB with 10.7 speed ....there are some prospects in this class that have great potential...4* ath 6'2 190 Tommi Hill Edgewater 11.12 100 , 22.65 200 as soph , 4x100 and 200, long jumper...all around track ath.... plays both ways at WR/CB...

We have his teammate LB Troutman but this is a kid we should try to flip imo...already has the size, speed and ball skills necessary ( with some work) to play at a high level... Everytime I watch his tape can't believe we're not on him hard...maybe they think he's kinda stiff?? watch his entire cb tape and you will see different...

There are good prospects still out there bro gotta do some research .... also can't forget about breakout players...this is a area coaches should spend more time evaluating... combination of size, speed, ball skills, hips, physicality, etc..a kid like this is worth the risk imo...at 6'2 190 won't lose much ( if any) speed adding more weight at the next level....we can see him play against IMG this week to see how he improved at CB...also get to see Brown vs Leary....should be interesting...
I didn’t say there aren’t any good prospects out there. I’m not a track guy so idk how a 200 or a 100 will translate to a 40. But your saying potential correct? Everyone has potential but isn’t better to try to see the potential of a sub 11 second player instead of Dunson?

You said that player is worth the risk. But that’s the problem. Recruiting is basically hedging a bet.

The guys you just described are rated that low and not being recruited by the top schools for a reason. The reason lsu amd Ohio state keep getting db’s to the league on day one is obvious.
We should be taking players that don’t seem as much of a risk.
All the db’s that have left sofla to top schools were not seen as a risk by anyone on here. Ever since Patrick Peterson we’ve seen guys leave this area that we knew were gonna make the league but we had to rely on players that were “worth the risk” and had “potential”. Dj ivey fits that “potential” mode perfectly.

Idk even know what Markevious Brown’s times are. But it looks like the staff is doing the same sht again and saying this dude or bust. And we will be taking more “worth the risk players that don’t have the athletic ability to be a 1st rounder.
And if Th eu make the league as a 4th or 5th rounder this staff, this program, and Rumph will get unwarranted heat because a side that was never projected to go higher didn’t .

I’m not saying the players you mentioned won’t be good or above average D1 players.
Even teams that win a national championship don’t have every starting corner back make the league.
But I’m just referring to everyone wanting this team and Rumph to have any db on our roster a day one pick.
I should also add that even the great Corey Raymond hasn’t made every db he recruits a day one pick.

Advertisement
I didn’t say there aren’t any good prospects out there. I’m not a track guy so idk how a 200 or a 100 will translate to a 40. But your saying potential correct? Everyone has potential but isn’t better to try to see the potential of a sub 11 second player instead of Dunson?

You said that player is worth the risk. But that’s the problem. Recruiting is basically hedging a bet.

The guys you just described are rated that low and not being recruited by the top schools for a reason. The reason lsu amd Ohio state keep getting db’s to the league on day one is obvious.
We should be taking players that don’t seem as much of a risk.
All the db’s that have left sofla to top schools were not seen as a risk by anyone on here. Ever since Patrick Peterson we’ve seen guys leave this area that we knew were gonna make the league but we had to rely on players that were “worth the risk” and had “potential”. Dj ivey fits that “potential” mode perfectly.

Idk even know what Markevious Brown’s times are. But it looks like the staff is doing the same sht again and saying this dude or bust. And we will be taking more “worth the risk players that don’t have the athletic ability to be a 1st rounder.
And if Th eu make the league as a 4th or 5th rounder this staff, this program, and Rumph will get unwarranted heat because a side that was never projected to go higher didn’t .

I’m not saying the players you mentioned won’t be good or above average D1 players.
Even teams that win a national championship don’t have every starting corner back make the league.
But I’m just referring to everyone wanting this team and Rumph to have any db on our roster a day one pick.
I should also add that even the great Corey Raymond hasn’t made every db he recruits a day one pick.
I agree with alot of what you said except bigtime schools not after the kids mentioned...Arnette was a 3* , Baker 3* doubt they knew those guys were 1st rounders...rankings are not the only things you look at in a prospect...some coaches have a special eye for talent they know how to develop some don't...

our staff has to crawl before they walk with evals that work...former NFL head coach now ASU (not a bigtime school) Herm Edwards and his staff knows NFL talent... another reason to take a good look at two way player Hill....reason I said he's worth the risk Hill actually plays both sides really well.....win win situation...

It doesn't matter if Marshall committed or not. If he's going to UF because of a large bag, that **** was going to happen no matter what. At least this way we can just move on earlier than later, and hopefully our coaches can actually land some ******* CBs. Markevious is our #1 priority. And I'd definitely say **** getting a QB at this point and just get another CB, that's how bad it's getting there...

Advertisement
For all those thinking that playing time will factor into any decision an elite recruit makes: Your crazy!!
Playing time and education are two things all these recruits say and it’s a bunch of bravo Sierra.

They say that sht every year then bounce to a bag school loaded with talent at the position and other blue chip players in the same class at the same position.

Just look at the qb room at uga.
These mfers got two top grad transfers and had two 5 star qb’s on their roster. And they still might get J Brown next year. And this is at a school that’s had problems getting receivers lately. Go figure?
Mind you, this also happened on a team that squandered talent at every position, ran Justin Fields out of town cause they wouldn’t sit a dude who is hanging by a thread at Buffalo while fields is likely going round one.
But We had to get an offensive coordinator to get king to land on our lap. If not we might be looking at B. Real or Dirk Diggler at qb again.

I know for one hundred percent fact he was broke off BIG!!.

UF was running third,even though they thought they were in it. When it leaked he committed to the staff and the crystal balls rolled in Miami they had a decision to make. His coach got broke off too.

That last sentence was obvious.

People in Hogtown clutching their pearls at such allegations, and meekly protesting that he didn't even go to UF (as if alma mater has ever stopped anyone from taking money).

Advertisement
Back