Marquise Lightfoot commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I’m trying to help the guy out.

He’s obviously got a ton to add to the message board. I want to give him a chance to do it.
Other than getting laughed at by his significant other not sure I follow.

Facts I’m sure @JHallCanes has the deer antler for him.

All jokes aside that’s why 25 is the year for me when Bain is a JR and these kids are developed physically with depth behind them.
money dealing GIF by Videoland

Advertisement
He probably had someone read through the contract and told him that the numbers are inflated.

But that doesn't matter to certain journalists trying to push things into the world. It amazes me how people just post the full number of a NIL contract, but no one mentions how one college in Florida was already caught writing cash in contracts that they can't pay.

Like, get a NIL agent or someone working in law to read through **** like this. It's fake as ****.

While 3.5m could have been a total number I'm sure there were a ton of nearly unattainable escalators in there. Get 25 sacks a year and get $$$, be an AA and get $$$$, be MVP in the national championship game and get $$$$$$$. Makes sense, then kids can brag about their multimillion dollar NIL deals while the truth is that they'll never see most of that money.

Advertisement
He was named the top overall performer from West practices yesterday at the AA game.
Do you know if there will be another rankings update to the major platforms? I can't remember if they still do one after all star games.

They definitely used to. Tyler Byrd went from 3 stars to top 100 after his all-star game performance
Do you know if there will be another rankings update to the major platforms? I can't remember if they still do one after all star games.

Yes they do is the short answer.

I know this is a UGA site but I stumbled on it a year or so ago and it actually does a good job breaking down the 247 rankings entirely.

https://247sports.com/college/georg...t-247sports-rating-process-143324123/#1365355

Has things like the philosophy, points of emphasis in evals, explanation of the star system, release dates etc.

Specifically it said this about its ranking for the senior class:

Seniors (signees and pending signees)

Release Date: Top247 post-season update

This is our final update to the Top247 and it reflects senior film/productivity, all-star events, All-American Bowl games, and practices, as well as any lingering information that has gone unaddressed. Any and everything is on the table for this final ranking as it is our final answer on the Top247 and what our rankings for each cycle will be judged on. This update typically comes in mid to late January following the conclusion of all the All-American events.

Advertisement
He was named the top overall performer from West practices yesterday at the AA game.
Lightfoot was named the "alpha dog".. they also praised Justin Scott

ALPHA DOG: MARQUISE LIGHTFOOT, EDGE (Miami)

A top five edge in the 2024 Top247, Lightfoot flashed explosive get-off that particularly revealed itself during the abbreviated, rain-soaked afternoon practice. The 6-foot-4, 212-pound edge bender coupled that explosiveness with closing juice and a hot motor, and he consistently puts his 35-inch arms to good use. Lightfoot recorded three would-be sacks during the team scrimmage session. As he adds mass, Lightfoot's long-term upside is immense.

JUSTIN SCOTT, DL (Miami)
After measuring 6-foot-4 1/4, 299 pounds at Monday's check-in, the Chicago St. Ignatius five-star displayed promising movement ability and fluidity aligned often as a two-point edge defender. Scott knifed into the backfield a few times and bent the edge on a couple of occasions. His athleticism and size could make him a disruptive chess piece at the next level.

Lightfoot was named the "alpha dog".. they also praised Justin Scott

ALPHA DOG: MARQUISE LIGHTFOOT, EDGE (Miami)

A top five edge in the 2024 Top247, Lightfoot flashed explosive get-off that particularly revealed itself during the abbreviated, rain-soaked afternoon practice. The 6-foot-4, 212-pound edge bender coupled that explosiveness with closing juice and a hot motor, and he consistently puts his 35-inch arms to good use. Lightfoot recorded three would-be sacks during the team scrimmage session. As he adds mass, Lightfoot's long-term upside is immense.

JUSTIN SCOTT, DL (Miami)
After measuring 6-foot-4 1/4, 299 pounds at Monday's check-in, the Chicago St. Ignatius five-star displayed promising movement ability and fluidity aligned often as a two-point edge defender. Scott knifed into the backfield a few times and bent the edge on a couple of occasions. His athleticism and size could make him a disruptive chess piece at the next level.
“Edge bender with explosive closing juice” bro what 🤨

Advertisement
Interesting to see him and Pickett in the same class, playing together, with similar rushing abilities. One a blitzing LB and one an ultra-quick DE? Must wait and see how their bodies develop with proper nutrition and workouts. Jason Taylor molded bodies/EARLY traits.

Advertisement
Back