Marquise Lightfoot commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
no sunshine. even his U looks like he about to choke somebody. Take
lol. People say that weather is overrated when it comes to being part of a recruiting pitch, and they aren’t wrong. Weather isn’t solely the reason that anybody is going to play somewhere. But I will say this.

As a dude who grew up in Chicago, the concept of somewhere like Miami is like some sort of heaven or tropical paradise. It’s something most of us only see on TV or in music videos or hear about as a place super successful people go. Beautiful women, beautiful beaches, sunshine and warm weather everyday etc. Like some kind of dream place.

So while maybe weather doesn’t hold much water with dudes already in the south, I feel confident saying it certainly doesn’t hurt when it comes to recruiting guys in the Midwest during the fall and winter.

In that situation, Miami is different. It’s unique. These kids have seen the OSU’s, the Michigans, the Iowa’s come through their hallways, but Mario and JT are here today? From Miami? Yo the U is here to talk to who? Whole school would’ve been talking about that when I was that age, and I doubt much has changed in that regard. The U is very well liked and respected in Chicago.

Last edited:
Advertisement
tenor.gif
There is a little bit of Gattis in everyone.

Advertisement
lol. People say that weather is overrated when it comes to being part of a recruiting pitch, and they aren’t wrong. Weather isn’t solely the reason that anybody is going to play somewhere. But I will say this.

As a dude who grew up in Chicago, the concept of somewhere like Miami is like some sort of heaven or tropical paradise. It’s something most of us only see on TV or in music videos or hear about as a place super successful people go. Beautiful women, beautiful beaches, sunshine and warm weather everyday etc. Like some kind of dream place.

So while maybe weather doesn’t hold much water with dudes already in the south, I feel confident saying it certainly doesn’t hurt when it comes to recruiting guys in the Midwest during the fall and winter.

In that situation, Miami is different. It’s unique. These kids have seen the OSU’s, the Michigans, the Iowa’s come through their hallways, but Mario and JT are here today? From Miami? Yo the U is here to talk to who? Whole school would’ve been talking about that when I was that age, and I doubt much has changed in that regard. The U is very well liked and respected in Chicago.
Chicago winters do a number on the psyche, especially once the onslaught of Florida tourism commercials takes over. They can even make Clearwater look like paradise.

Yes, yes they are! even if it's just me. But it's a few Chicagoans on this board. Me and Dwinstitles, for sure.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Born and raised in Michigan most of my life.Getting stationed in Hawaii and living there for three years was easily the best part of my army career. Got lucky enough to get orders to go back with my family and I'm going to do whatever it takes to spend my final 6 years there.

It absolutely makes a difference for some people on the weather of where a school is.

Advertisement
Back