Marquise Lightfoot commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
@Problem2 I know you got the list of the smug Jason Taylor comments that were flying around lately…

It's on the to-do list after my morning meetings. You already know I wouldn't let them slide

Salute Honor GIF by CBS

It may not be an elite room but it’s close. With talent like that, you are all but guaranteed 1 or 2 of those hit on an all conference level.
Love the EDGE room that we have. Collins doesn't belong in there he is likely a SDE or slides into a 3tech or 4i pending front.
Kamarion Franklin is a similar player, he is a very very important player for this class. If we get him Artavious Jones (who I believe is a true 1tech, same with Jayden Jackson) and Stone or Breland (who is a true 3tech) that's a devastative DL class. LJ MCray gives you another EDGE player which would be round 2 so that part of the DL can rotate and keep coming.

Super hard to read recruiting this year.

Not elite?
Kelly - #14 DE, #90 national 4*
Moss - #8, #70 4*
Collins A. - #16, #158 4* (not an EDGE player)
Bain - #11, #63 4* (not and EDGE player)
Wayne - #13, #81 4*
Lightfoot - #6, #67 4*

It's a strong END room, but we need a true SDE player, I think that's where Collins and Bain slide into, which is a big boy spot.
Wayne I think can play that to certain degree, since he's seen more like Chantz ( a great player respectively, just not a pass rusher) where their specialty is stopping the run. We're certainly upgrading depth and lifting that floor. It's nice to not have to worry about injuries soonish.

Advertisement
In perhaps the biggest recruiting win of the cycle thus far, the Miami Hurricanes landed the commitment of elite pass-rusher Marquise Lightfoot from Chicago.

Lightfoot, the #6 ranked EDGE prospect and the #67 player overall in the 247 Composite rankings, chose Miami over Ohio State and USC. The 6'5", 220-pound edge rusher from Kenwood Academy sat high on Miami’s overall board due to his combination of length, explosive power, closing speed and effort. I’m told he looked the part of an elite prospect in person, and the coaches absolutely love his aggressive nature on special teams.

While many thought he would sign with the Buckeyes, Miami made a huge move on his official visit this past weekend. This was a huge win for Mario Cristobal, who desperately needed recruiting momentum after the losses of DT Justin Scott and WR Jacory Barney.

Link to original player thread: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/marquise-lightfoot-4-de-from-chicago.184038/#post-6511451

This doesn't make sense. CIS said we weren't getting anyone. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Stewart is a great player but everybody is sleeping on McCray. I think McCray is undervalued n will be the better player.
They are different players as well. McCray is similar to Acheampong in that he can play SDE or slide inside. Kid is 6’6 and pushing 270 by all reports. Stewart is an EDGE through and through. That all said at this point anyone saying McCray will be a better player is just throwing darts at the board hoping to be right. Stewart not only has the athletic makeup of a first rounders, he plays like one. Stewart needs to just follow a trajectory while the bet on McCray is that he exceeds his but he has the tools.

Advertisement
You are probably right. I met the dad of a kid who is a starter on the oline at Mainland nice guy. It was before LJ visited here though and he said the kid is massive and his son is 6’5. I’m hoping we can stay in the game and make the kid think.
Hes the prototype SDE. Gonna be hard to overcome UGA with their recent d line draft success and natty's. Somewhere on this d line recruiting class we gotta pull an upset on someone to put the icing on the cake for 2024.

Hes the prototype SDE. Gonna be hard to overcome UGA with their recent d line draft success and natty's. Somewhere on this d line recruiting class we gotta pull an upset on someone to put the icing on the cake for 2024.
I would love it to be LJ, but I’m kind of hoping Stone is trolling the crap out of Oklahoma and we get him. Think he can be that sure thing DT that gives us a consistent performance on the DL.

Advertisement
Mesidor probably starts at the Edge and most experienced. I'd start Kelly opposite if he's doing all the things necessary in the offseason. The other player missing from the list is Chantz Williams. While he's not done much, this is his year to prove or he transfers come December.

From the list, I think Bain gets significant snaps this Fall. Moss is still very light and Collins A. will redshirt.

Is it an elite group of Ends? Not yet. Rankings sure, but hey, Chantz Williams had a .95 grade and top 100 ranked player back in 2020. Hasn't done much.

We need another top level DE. Hope we're not done!
Stack chips!

Do wah Diddy Blinded by the Lightfoot?
Police Im Here GIF by One Chicago

@jkdood While I appreciate your profile pic, dude. This will not stand, man. You walked in here and ****ed all over the rug with that one. It really tied the room together, dude.

Spend some time and cool off.

Behind Bars Prison GIF by GritTV

@JHallCanes Good looking out but that was a clear and premeditated action to destroy CiS property. He’s gotta take a quick timeout.

I am sensing a lot of boners in here. And rightfully so. But let's stay grounded in the reality of truth of where we stand. Yes I will get called out as a negative mope, but I just want to stay grounded in reality. You know, realistic stuff. Like 5-7 stuff and huge recruiting losses we are seeing now and will continue to see until this staff starts WINNING.
Enjoy the win while it lasts
greece looks GIF

Advertisement
Back