Marquise Lightfoot commits to Miami

View as article
I think the best combo of starters is Mesidor and Kelly on the edges. I hope Kelly can beat out Harvey, who’s great depth but not high-end starter material imo. Taylor and Deen inside, that’s a great starting D-line with the ability to move guys around. On run packages, we bring out JHH and let’s hope he’s taken another step.

Chantz eh, not expecting much but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he contributes more than a handful of pressures.
We forgetting bout Harvey!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hmm "would've liked.." sounds like he knows Stewart is going elsewhere ?
That’s what it sounded like. He also said a lot of people was in his ear to commit to O$U to join Scott. But he didn’t want to follow the trend and join a super team they’re trying to form. He wants to build and win championships in Miami.

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

I like this kid already

Advertisement
FYI, I believe you had a misprint. I’m assuming you’re using the composite score where Kelly is #90 national not #19. Other than that I agree that’s elite atleast on paper. Six top 247 guys of which 5 are in the top 100. If that isn’t elite, it’s as elite as we’ve had here in a very long time. And I believe….

Peoples Choice Awards GIF by NBC
Most elite de room since we had Phillips and Rousseau both first round picks

Advertisement
Love the EDGE room that we have. Collins doesn't belong in there he is likely a SDE or slides into a 3tech or 4i pending front.
Kamarion Franklin is a similar player, he is a very very important player for this class. If we get him Artavious Jones (who I believe is a true 1tech, same with Jayden Jackson) and Stone or Breland (who is a true 3tech) that's a devastative DL class. LJ MCray gives you another EDGE player which would be round 2 so that part of the DL can rotate and keep coming.

Super hard to read recruiting this year.
from the pictures ive seen of collins a he is a dt all the way imo.

Mesidor probably starts at the Edge and most experienced. I'd start Kelly opposite if he's doing all the things necessary in the offseason. The other player missing from the list is Chantz Williams. While he's not done much, this is his year to prove or he transfers come December.

From the list, I think Bain gets significant snaps this Fall. Moss is still very light and Collins A. will redshirt.

Is it an elite group of Ends? Not yet. Rankings sure, but hey, Chantz Williams had a .95 grade and top 100 ranked player back in 2020. Hasn't done much.

We need another top level DE. Hope we're not done!
Your argument goes both ways! How do we need another if these guys hasn't proven it yet! Even, Stewart or Simmons hasn't proven it yet!!

Advertisement
From Steve Wiltfong:

"Caught wind of this going y'alls way last Friday. Sometimes we can't update predictions or leak to much until right before. Obviously we wanted Hurricanes fans to tune it and so did Lightfoot.

Sometimes we change predictions at the last minute because we find out things changed at the last minute. Sometimes we change them at the last minute becase that's what the prospect asked.

Regardless, predictions are ways for us to allow you the readers to know what we're thinking and shouldn't be taken as more or less."

Lightfoot sent me this about his pledge to Miami:

"The more time i spent thinking about it .. Miami was a greater spot for me … my staff and my family was happy with OSU and so was I … but I feel Miami is heading in the right direction ….. it reminds me of Kenwood a program that came up with hard work and good coaches … I feel in love with Jason Taylor …. as a coach and it just felt right."

Advertisement
Back