Advertisement
Not elite?
Kelly - #14 DE, #19 national 4*
Moss - #8, #70 4*
Collins A. - #16, #158 4*
Bain - #11, #63 4*
Wayne - #13, #81 4*
Lightfoot - #6, #67 4*
FYI, I believe you had a misprint. I’m assuming you’re using the composite score where Kelly is #90 national not #19. Other than that I agree that’s elite atleast on paper. Six top 247 guys of which 5 are in the top 100. If that isn’t elite, it’s as elite as we’ve had here in a very long time. And I believe….

Peoples Choice Awards GIF by NBC

Advertisement
FYI, I believe you had a misprint. I’m assuming you’re using the composite score where Kelly is #90 national not #19. Other than that I agree that’s elite atleast on paper. Six top 247 guys of which 5 are in the top 100. If that isn’t elite, it’s as elite as we’ve had here in a very long time. And I believe….

Peoples Choice Awards GIF by NBC
Fixed it. i'm tired.

I'm sure we're forgetting somebody?
Mesidor probably starts at the Edge and most experienced. I'd start Kelly opposite if he's doing all the things necessary in the offseason. The other player missing from the list is Chantz Williams. While he's not done much, this is his year to prove or he transfers come December.

From the list, I think Bain gets significant snaps this Fall. Moss is still very light and Collins A. will redshirt.

Is it an elite group of Ends? Not yet. Rankings sure, but hey, Chantz Williams had a .95 grade and top 100 ranked player back in 2020. Hasn't done much.

We need another top level DE. Hope we're not done!

Mesidor probably starts at the Edge and most experienced. I'd start Kelly opposite if he's doing all the things necessary in the offseason. The other player missing from the list is Chantz Williams. While he's not done much, this is his year to prove or he transfers come December.

From the list, I think Bain gets significant snaps this Fall. Moss is still very light and Collins A. will redshirt.

Is it an elite group of Ends? Not yet. Rankings sure, but hey, Chantz Williams had a .95 grade and top 100 ranked player back in 2020. Hasn't done much.

We need another top level DE. Hope we're not done!
I think the best combo of starters is Mesidor and Kelly on the edges. I hope Kelly can beat out Harvey, who’s great depth but not high-end starter material imo. Taylor and Deen inside, that’s a great starting D-line with the ability to move guys around. On run packages, we bring out JHH and let’s hope he’s taken another step.

Chantz eh, not expecting much but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he contributes more than a handful of pressures.

Advertisement
Back