Marquise Lightfoot commits to Miami

View as article
If he sticks….which it appears as of now he will. He plays day 1. We don’t have anyone who can rush the passer off the edge like him on our current roster. Bain on one side and lightfoot on the other. I see Wayne as more of an in between type skillset.

Harvey and Chantz will be gone correct?

Moss will never play here he can’t gain weight. Kelly I guess could start out as starter but lightfoot sees a lot of snaps in his first year. Is he an EE? Dude will put on 15lbs once he reaches campus with proper nutrition and weights

I would be shocked if he plays on day 1. He needs the S&C program big time. Whats his weight? 215?

Advertisement
If he sticks….which it appears as of now he will. He plays day 1. We don’t have anyone who can rush the passer off the edge like him on our current roster. Bain on one side and lightfoot on the other. I see Wayne as more of an in between type skillset.

Harvey and Chantz will be gone correct?

Moss will never play here he can’t gain weight. Kelly I guess could start out as starter but lightfoot sees a lot of snaps in his first year. Is he an EE? Dude will put on 15lbs once he reaches campus with proper nutrition and weights
I believe ur right Harvey and Chantz are gone gonna need to portal for an edge guy

hes not going to be a de.

Dude was abover 275 like in august.

I expect Collins to be a DT guy for us with added muscle and strength. Dude gonna be like a Calais Campbell if can put in the work
Any D lineman that Michigan heavily recruited and had committed I feel very confident about. They’re producing dawgs up there right now

hes not going to be a de.

Dude was abover 275 like in august.

I expect Collins to be a DT guy for us with added muscle and strength. Dude gonna be like a Calais Campbell if can put in the work
Collins is going to be a monster if he gets the technical stuff down...

Advertisement
I believe ur right Harvey and Chantz are gone gonna need to portal for an edge guy

I really can’t keep up with what year kids are anymore cause of Covid years not counting etc… if Harvey is back that’s fine he is a solid player. If Harvey isn’t back. I could see Miami going after a portal DE.

Let’s say Harvey and Chantz are gone. I also assume Mesidor is done right? Unless he gets a medical RS this year. It leaves the following. Am I missing anyone? That is a super light DE room.

Starters:
Bain
Kelly

Backup:
Wayne
Moss still needs weight.
Lightfoot EE
Rudolph likely RS needs weight.
Pickett Likely RS needs weight
russell likely RS

Last edited:
I really can’t keep up with what year kids are anymore cause of Covid years not counting etc… if Harvey is back that’s fine he is a solid player. If Harvey isn’t back. I could see Miami going after a portal DE.

Let’s say Harvey and Chantz are gone. I also assume Mesidor is done right? Unless he gets a medical RS this year. It leaves the following. Am I missing anyone? That is a super light DE room.

Starters:
Bain
Kelly

Backup:
Wayne
Moss still needs weight.
Lightfoot EE
russell likely RS
Moss is likely gone after the season

Advertisement

Starters:
Bain
Kelly

Backup:
Wayne
Moss still needs weight.
Lightfoot EE
russell likely RS
Chantz really never gave us much. Portal and JUCO for edge and DT next year is a must maybe even Cb

Advertisement
Oddly enough Diaz has proven to be better at attracting IMPACTFUL transfers portal players here than Mario has so far 😭😩
Mesidor, Cohen, Lee, Parrish, Colbie, Deen

King, Roche, Osborn, and Phillips. I wouldn’t give Diaz too much credit for Phillips. The guy hadn’t played in a year if I remember correctly and sat out another season.

Advertisement

Starters:
Bain
Kelly

Backup:
Wayne
Moss still needs weight.
Lightfoot EE
russell likely RS

Russell is DT. He is close to 275 already.

Eh. He took a flier on a guy who was essentially out of football due to injuries. Yeah the potential was always there but it’s not like he went out and landed a top transfer.
Phillips was a 96 transfer I think the only concern was health but I definitely remember hype about him transferring here. Also in the previous post if you're going to mention colbie and parrish for Mario have to mention Bolden who atleast had the Clemson game Rambo, Stevenson and the kicker was even solid.

Advertisement
Back