Mark walton getting some national praise

[TWEET]i[/TWEET]
This..... walton was a different back when you compare his 2015 film to his 2016 film. He will continue to improve

OK - so let's throw Walton's entire Freshman season out. He was young and wasn't ready. Got it. But understand - you can't then reference any runs that were called back. You can't reference any good plays in 2015 if you're not willing to acknowledge any bad plays either.

2016 - First 3 games - FAMU, FAU, App St.

Walton goes 48 for 401, 8.4 ypc, 7 TD's. Has a 30+ run in all 3 games

2016 - Next 5 games - GT, FSU, UNC, VT, ND

Walton goes 82 for 248, 3.0 ypc, 2 TD's. His longest run is 16 yards
YTD Stats - 130 for 649, 5.0 ypc, 9 TD's

2016 - Next 3 games - Pitt, UVA, NC St.

Walton goes 49 for 356, 7.3 ypc, 5 TD's. He has a 25+ yd run in all 3 games
YTD Stats - 179 for 1,005, 5.6 ypc, 14 TD's

2016 - Next 2 games - Duke & WVU

Walton goes 30 for 112, 3.7 ypc, 0 TD's. He has a 22 yd run
YTD Stats - 209 for 1,117, 5.3 ypc, 14 TD's

Between the first carry in the App St. game and his last carry in the Pitt game, Walton had 110 carries for 334 yds, a 3.3 ypc, and 1 run over 20 yards. That's a pretty good chunk of the season where he just didn't play well.

So I'd say his 2016 was much better, no question, but still pretty inconsistent.

If he showed so much improvement in the first 3 games, what happened in the next 5? If he showed so much improvement in the next 3 games, what happened in the last 2?

To get to 1,400 yds in 2017 - Walton will need to average 100 yds per game, and we'll get to the ACCCG so that we play in 14 games.

So is the thought process - Walton was bad in every game his Freshman year, he was good in about 50% of his games his Sophomore year, so he'll be good in 100% of his games his Junior Year?

Man do you even watch Miami football games? Do you realize how abysmal our o-line was for much of the season? I already agreed that his vision isn't always the best, but a lot of the time he has nowhere to run to begin with. This agenda you have against Walton is downright strange no matter how many stats you post. A lot of Walton's runs involved having to completely cut back because there was nothing even slightly resembling a hole for him to run through.

He's not an elite, first round back. But he's very good, I would say just a notch below that elite level. With an improved o-line, which it will be, Walton will have much more consistent numbers and I say he'll either get drafted in the second or third round.

And yes, I'd say scrap his freshman season, good and bad. Maybe "scrap" isn't the best word, but the point is that using it in your argument is silly because he was a **** true freshmen. Elite, or even very good seasons as a true freshman are very rare so it's simply unfair to try using it against him. If the o-line stays fairly healthy (no major injuries or at least not more than one), Walton will run for even more, I'll say 1400-1500 yards. Hard to say this early but the line seems to be improved, especially with Donaldson, who I believe will be one of those vey rare true freshmen by the way.

The OL Excuse:
The OL, while nowhere near great, should not be taking all the heat here. A lot of it has to do with Walton's running style. The main things he does is:

1) He'll approach the line of scrimmage, cut laterally, then try to make a move. While it works sometimes, it causing him to get caught behind the line of scrimmage too much. He doesn't have the quickness/athelticism to improvise behind the LOS. If a defender is filling the hole, he needs to lower his head and take him on, or cut at an angle while still moving forward to avoid losses. The lateral cuts behind the LOS that result in losses are often on Walton, not the OL. You can see his natural instinct to stop, lateral cut, then accelerate in the open field too. Too often he's killing his own forward momentum.

2) His vision problems are not so much in finding the hole as it is locking into one defender. He'll run straight into another defender or his own lineman, which could not be avoided if he weren't locked on to just one guy. He'll run into someone right in front of him because he's locked onto a guy coming from the side. He'll run lateral or backwards just to avoid the defender he's locked onto, instead of concentrating on getting downfield, which results in lost yardage.

- Walton had 209 carries. He lost 62 yds
- Yearby & Gus combined for 161 carries & lost a combined 27 yds

Career
- Walton - 338 carries, 97 yds lost
- Duke - 526 carries, 97 yds lost
- Yearby - 393 carries, 68 yds lost
- Gus - 186 carries, 27 yds lost

You can see he loses yards as much higher rate than any other recent RB. It's not like the OL only blocks bad for Walton, and good for everyone else. Walton's style causes him to leave a good amount of yards on the field.

Yearby ran behind the same OL the last 2 years and averaged 1.4 yds more in 2015, and 0.7 yds more in 2016 - same OL, same offense - so it can't all be on the OL.

As for getting 1,400-1,500 yards and getting drafted in the 2nd or 3rd rounds:

- 21 RB's have been drafted in the first 3 rounds of the last 3 drafts
- 16 of the 21 had a career YPC of 6.0+ yds
- 2 of the 21 had a career YPC under 5.5 yds. Both those RB's were 6'1"+ and 225+ lbs.
- Walton goes 5'9" 205 lbs. and runs a 4.6
- Walton has a career YPC of 4.6 yds. If Walton equals McGahee's Soph year this year, that will push his career YPC to 5.3
- Fournette, McCaffery, Cook, Mixon - they averaged 3.5 yds or less in 18 of their 132 career games
- Walton average 3.5 yds or less in 15 of his first 21 games

Fans/people on this board/whoever can dismiss Walton's first 21 games and concentrate on the NC St. game, but trust me, NFL Scouts aren't going to do that.

I fully admit I'm a bit psychotic with these stats. I'm just completely amazed that people continue to have such a high expectations of Walton. It just isn't going to happen

This dude gets negged for bringing that info forth? Good grief there's a homerism problem on these boards.

Serioulsy...

I haven't seen where the dude said Walton sucks and shouldn't be drafted. He's just saying he isn't elite, and providing a ton of stats to back it up. Peeps are going crazy on here.

Advertisement
[TWEET]875843207904587783[/TWEET]

34 of those came on plays where he ran into tacklers instead of wide open running lanes.

I'm sure leading up to the season there will be a lot of posts where Walton has the most (insert stat) of any "returning" RB in the ACC. And there's a ton of stats where that's true.

But understand, another way of phrasing that is "Walton has more (insert stat) than Travon McMillian or Shaun Wilson". That's because they're the only other RB's that have even close to the amount of carries that Walton has.

Top 4 "Returning" ACC RB's:

Travon McMillian, VT - 345 att - 1,719 yds - 5.0 ypc -14 TD's
Shaun Wilson, Duke - 313 att - 1,645 yds - 5.3 ypc -12 TD's
Mark Walton, Miami - 338 att - 1,567 yds - 4.6 ypc -23 TD's
Qadree Ollison, Pitt - 245 att - 1,248 yds - 5.1 ypc - 13 TD's

Walton basically has 100 more carries than all but 2 "returning" ACC RB's, so volume of carries plays a large part in his "Returning ACC RB" stats.

As for the statement "Walton is the best RB in the ACC" - I think that's highly debatable (I wouldn't personally agree with it). Of just the "returning" RB's, there's no question Walton had the best year last year. But is he the "best"?

2016 - Walton had 1,000 yds and was 3rd team All-ACC
2015 - McMillian had 1,000 yds and was 3rd team All-ACC. He lost some carries last year to a new offense that uses a running QB. He may be leaned on more this year.
2015 - Ollison had 1,000 yds and was 2nd team All-ACC. He lost his carries with James Connor returning, and getting the doghouse. He might get a heavy workload this year (although he might not even start).

And that's just the RB's that have enough sample size to do a comparison. Talented RB's, like Patrick & Akers, could emerge with Cook gone. With RB's who got the large majority of the carries left FSU, Clemson, Pitt, NC St., UNC, Louisville - so there's a ton of opportunities for other RB's to emerge.

I'm not saying "Walton is the best RB in the ACC" is not a legit statement. I can completely see that argument. But I am saying there's not many RB's we've seen yet that's he's competing with for that title, and I just happen to think the argument will look a lot different at the end of the year.

Please stop trying to use Walton's true freshman season as part of your argument if you want to have any credibility. I agree he has bad vision at times, but he made huge improvements over the course of this past season and was much better than he was as a true freshman. If we have competent QB play this year, Walton will definitely run for around 1400 because the o-line is going to be much better.

Most players aren't anywhere near their potential as a true freshman, so stop with that nonsense. He's the best returning back in the ACC and will likely finish as top three as well, maybe even the best if he can keep improving his vision as he did in 2016.

This..... walton was a different back when you compare his 2015 film to his 2016 film. He will continue to improve

OK - so let's throw Walton's entire Freshman season out. He was young and wasn't ready. Got it. But understand - you can't then reference any runs that were called back. You can't reference any good plays in 2015 if you're not willing to acknowledge any bad plays either.

2016 - First 3 games - FAMU, FAU, App St.

Walton goes 48 for 401, 8.4 ypc, 7 TD's. Has a 30+ run in all 3 games

2016 - Next 5 games - GT, FSU, UNC, VT, ND

Walton goes 82 for 248, 3.0 ypc, 2 TD's. His longest run is 16 yards
YTD Stats - 130 for 649, 5.0 ypc, 9 TD's

2016 - Next 3 games - Pitt, UVA, NC St.

Walton goes 49 for 356, 7.3 ypc, 5 TD's. He has a 25+ yd run in all 3 games
YTD Stats - 179 for 1,005, 5.6 ypc, 14 TD's

2016 - Next 2 games - Duke & WVU

Walton goes 30 for 112, 3.7 ypc, 0 TD's. He has a 22 yd run
YTD Stats - 209 for 1,117, 5.3 ypc, 14 TD's

Between the first carry in the App St. game and his last carry in the Pitt game, Walton had 110 carries for 334 yds, a 3.3 ypc, and 1 run over 20 yards. That's a pretty good chunk of the season where he just didn't play well.

So I'd say his 2016 was much better, no question, but still pretty inconsistent.

If he showed so much improvement in the first 3 games, what happened in the next 5? If he showed so much improvement in the next 3 games, what happened in the last 2?

To get to 1,400 yds in 2017 - Walton will need to average 100 yds per game, and we'll get to the ACCCG so that we play in 14 games.

So is the thought process - Walton was bad in every game his Freshman year, he was good in about 50% of his games his Sophomore year, so he'll be good in 100% of his games his Junior Year?

Why group the last 2?
Walton was 13 for 75 vs. Dook. Kaaya had 4 TD's that game.
So looking at the half-full glass, he had 1 "bad" game in his last 2.

Let's look at that "bad" WVU game.
After Kaaya woke up in the second quarter, Walton was 13 for 55 with Kaaya tossing 4 more.

I like Walton. Tough kid. Good football player.

Your stats are a little off:

Duke - Walton was 13-60, 4.6 ypc
WVU - Walton was 13-47, 3.6 ypc after the first quarter

I grouped the last 2 games because the argument I see is usually "Walton made a leap, improved, and finished the season strong". But after a really strong 3 game stretch, he was just ok against Duke (66th vs. Run) then not so good against WVU (60th vs. Run). Neither had a very strong run defense.

So if he made a leap and finished the season strong, why wasn't he anything special in the last 2 games? IMO - the last 2 games kind of detract from the "he finished strong" argument, and give more credence to the argument that he happened to have a couple great games near the end of the season, but overall he was just ok.

Walton's YPC in last 5 games went - 8.9, 6.9, 6.3, 4.6, 3.1. That's a negative trend which could make the argument that "he tailed off" at the end of the season, when the argument is he "finished strong".

I agree he's a solid player, and a great kid. I just don't think he's that talented of a RB. And definitely not talented enough to the point where he gets 200+ carries a season at Miami.

Last edited:
Walton has a lot of great qualities, and he also has his imperfections (i.e. vision).

It's that simple. No RB is perfect.

34 of those came on plays where he ran into tacklers instead of wide open running lanes.

I'm sure leading up to the season there will be a lot of posts where Walton has the most (insert stat) of any "returning" RB in the ACC. And there's a ton of stats where that's true.

But understand, another way of phrasing that is "Walton has more (insert stat) than Travon McMillian or Shaun Wilson". That's because they're the only other RB's that have even close to the amount of carries that Walton has.

Walton basically has 100 more carries than all but 2 "returning" ACC RB's, so volume of carries plays a large part in his "Returning ACC RB" stats.

As for the statement "Walton is the best RB in the ACC" - I think that's highly debatable (I wouldn't personally agree with it). Of just the "returning" RB's, there's no question Walton had the best year last year. But is he the "best"?

2015 - McMillian had 1,000 yds and was 3rd team All-ACC. He lost some carries last year to a new offense that uses a running QB. He may be leaned on more this year.
2015 - Ollison had 1,000 yds and was 2nd team All-ACC. He lost his carries with James Connor returning, and getting the doghouse. He might get a heavy workload this year (although he might not even start).

And that's just the RB's that have enough sample size to do a comparison. Talented RB's, like Patrick & Akers, could emerge with Cook gone. With RB's who got the large majority of the carries left FSU, Clemson, Pitt, NC St., UNC, Louisville - so there's a ton of opportunities for other RB's to emerge.

I'm not saying "Walton is the best RB in the ACC" is not a legit statement. I can completely see that argument. But I am saying there's not many RB's we've seen yet that's he's competing with for that title, and I just happen to think the argument will look a lot different at the end of the year.

You trying too hard to try to prove mark walton is not a good back. Sound like a troll tbh, look waltons 2015 season is grossly hurting his average but you have to remember walton was used as a short yardage back that year and in a lot red zone/ goal line situations so of course his average in 2015 wasn't good....

Advertisement

With the number YOU posted for those top for he didn't have 100 more carries than any of the top four.

You trying too hard to try to prove mark walton is not a good back. Sound like a troll tbh, look waltons 2015 season is grossly hurting his average but you have to remember walton was used as a short yardage back that year and in a lot red zone/ goal line situations so of course his average in 2015 wasn't good....

As I posted in this thread previously:

2016 - There were 70 players had 1,000 yds rushing. Walton's 5.34 ypc ranked 49th out of 70. He had just an average ypc, not a good one.
2015 - Of the Top 250 players in rushing yds, Walton's 3.49 ypc ranked 242nd out of 250. His 2016 ypc improvement was a jump from god awful to average.

I think Walton & Yearby are in the same boat:

In 2012 when Walton rushed for 500 yds & 9 TD's as a Freshman at Booker T. Washington, a projection was given to him that he was the next 5 Star stud RB out of South Florida. I can see why. The same thing was done to Yearby when he rushed for 2,000 yds as a Soph in HS.

I understand we all WANT that to be the case. But time went on and as you see them more - you realize they're limited by size, speed, athleticism, power, vision - etc. That original projection was just incorrect. They're still solid college RB's, they're just not what they were projected to be and what fans hoped they would be.

People continue to justify that original projection by using the same laundry list of excuses - the OL is bad, the coaching is bad, the play calling is bad, he's too young for his year (incorrect), he needed to adjust his Freshman year, he's used as a short yardage back, he had a ton of plays called back, etc.

IMO - If you watch him play, and look at the stats, at some point I think (like with Yearby), it becomes clear that these are just excuses, and the reality of the situation will sink in.

Again - just my opinion, but I give plenty of reasons to support it. I think Walton is an average/solid college RB, but not good enough to be the workhorse for Miami. If you have a higher opinion then me and think he's a really good college RB who can make an NFL team, I've got no problem with that. My problem/argument is with the people projecting him to be a 1,400 yd back, one of the top college RB's this year, a high NFL draft pick etc. I think they're just turning a blind eye to who Walton is as a player, and the way he's played in his career.

2016 - There were 70 players had 1,000 yds rushing. Walton's 5.34 ypc ranked 49th out of 70. He had just an average ypc, not a good one.
2015 - Of the Top 250 players in rushing yds, Walton's 3.49 ypc ranked 242nd out of 250. His 2016 ypc improvement was a jump from god awful to average.

In 2012 when Walton rushed for 500 yds & 9 TD's as a Freshman at Booker T. Washington, a projection was given to him that he was the next 5 Star stud RB out of South Florida. I can see why. The same thing was done to Yearby when he rushed for 2,000 yds as a Soph in HS.

I understand we all WANT that to be the case. But time went on and as you see them more - you realize they're limited by size, speed, athleticism, power, vision - etc. That original projection was just incorrect. They're still solid college RB's, they're just not what they were projected to be and what fans hoped they would be.

People continue to justify that original projection by using the same laundry list of excuses - the OL is bad, the coaching is bad, the play calling is bad, he's too young for his year (incorrect), he needed to adjust his Freshman year, he's used as a short yardage back, he had a ton of plays called back, etc.

IMO - If you watch him play, and look at the stats, at some point I think (like with Yearby), it becomes clear that these are just excuses, and the reality of the situation will sink in.

Again - just my opinion, but I give plenty of reasons to support it. I think Walton is an average/solid college RB, but not good enough to be the workhorse for Miami. If you have a higher opinion then me and think he's a really good college RB who can make an NFL team, I've got no problem with that. My problem/argument is with the people projecting him to be a 1,400 yd back, one of the top college RB's this year, a high NFL draft pick etc. I think they're just turning a blind eye to who Walton is as a player, and the way he's played in his career.
He had 1117 rushing yards 14 tds 243 receiving yards while only getting 48% of the running back carries last year..... 1400 yards will be well within reach considering he will receive even more carries this year....

With the number YOU posted for those top for he didn't have 100 more carries than any of the top four.

I said - "Walton basically has 100 more carries than all but 2 "returning" ACC RB's"

So Walton has "basically" the same amount of carries as McMillian (7 less) & Wilson (25 more).

Walton has exactly 93 more carries then Ollison at #4 . So I rounded up 93 to say "basically 100".

Advertisement
Anytime anything positive is posted about Walton you can 100% guarantee that POS bshaw will show up.

He hates Walton more than he hates our own rivals, at this point he's basically saying he'd rather have any other RB for Miami, even RB's that are worse than Walton.

People get fooled because he posts a bunch useless stats & make a bunch circular logic arguments, the dude is literally rooting against him & dumbasses actually agree with him smh.

This is the type of "fans" we have, guys who hate our own guys so much they'd rather die than see our guys do well.

Not to mention, he's attacking one of the leaders of the team, ask any Coach or player Offense or Defense, they'll tell you Walton is the guy in the locker room.

Has gone through immense tragedy at a such a young age that most of us couldn't even fathom, but none of that matters, it's nothing but pure hate for the guy, from people that are so called "fans".

Un ******* believable.

He had 1117 rushing yards 14 tds 243 receiving yards while only getting 48% of the running back carries last year..... 1400 yards will be well within reach considering he will receive even more carries this year....

I would say that Walton getting 1,400 yards this year is much more realistic goal than him becoming a high NFL draft pick.

1,400 is possible, but I think it'll be a reflection of the volume of carries he gets as you mentioned, not that he has a big jump in his improvement as a player. I think he is who he is.

There's a ton of things that have to fall in place for 1,400 happen - his ypc has to improve, the QB/Passing game has to play well enough to keep drives alive and keep from stacking the box, he has to get a ton of carries - more carries than Miami or Richt RB's have generally gotten in a season.

I think we'll know more about him getting 1,400 yards after the 5 September games when we have a better idea on these questions:

1) Will Richt give Walton a good amount of carries in the BCU, Ark St. games so he can rack up his stats, or rest Walton to save him?
2) Will he play well against FSU - the one good team we play? His track record against our tougher ACC opponents isn't good.
3) Are Homer/Burns/Choc going to show enough improvement/talent to warrant getting a good amount of carries too?
4) Will the passing game be enough of a threat?

I can see some of those answers working in Walton's favor, but not all of them. So I think 1,400 is going to be a extremely hard for someone of Walton's talent level.

Last edited:

I would say that Walton getting 1,400 yards this year is much more realistic goal than him becoming a high NFL draft pick.

1,400 is possible, but I think it'll be a reflection of the volume of carries he gets as you mentioned, not that he has a big jump in his improvement as a player. I think he is who he is.

There's a ton of things that have to fall in place for 1,400 happen - his ypc has to improve, the QB/Passing game has to play well enough to keep drives alive and keep from stacking the box, he has to get a ton of carries - more carries than Miami or Richt RB's have generally gotten in a season.

I think we'll know more about him getting 1,400 yards after the 5 September games when we have a better idea on these questions:

1) Will Richt give Walton a good amount of carries in the BCU, Ark St. games so he can rack up his stats, or rest Walton to save him?
2) Will he play well against FSU - the one good team we play? His track record against our tougher ACC opponents isn't good.
3) Are Homer/Burns/Choc going to show enough improvement/talent to warrant getting a good amount of carries too?
4) Will the passing game be enough of a threat?

I can see some of those answers working in Walton's favor, but not all of them. So I think 1,400 is going to be a extremely hard for someone of Walton's talent level.

What's your point here? We get it, you think Walton isn't very good. Posting 154515345456 different stats isn't going to make that any clearer. Some of us thinks he's pretty good, get over it.

Anytime anything positive is posted about Walton you can 100% guarantee that POS bshaw will show up.

He hates Walton more than he hates our own rivals, at this point he's basically saying he'd rather have any other RB for Miami, even RB's that are worse than Walton.

People get fooled because he posts a bunch useless stats & make a bunch circular logic arguments, the dude is literally rooting against him & dumbasses actually agree with him smh.

This is the type of "fans" we have, guys who hate our own guys so much they'd rather die than see our guys do well.

Not to mention, he's attacking one of the leaders of the team, ask any Coach or player Offense or Defense, they'll tell you Walton is the guy in the locker room.

Has gone through immense tragedy at a such a young age that most of us couldn't even fathom, but none of that matters, it's nothing but pure hate for the guy, from people that are so called "fans".

Un ****ing believable.

I'm not a fan of Walton - no doubt. I don't hate him - I just hate the fact that he's getting so many carries when he doesn't have the talent to warrant it.

What drives me crazy is when posts are made about how he's an Elite RB, a high NFL draft pick, the best RB in the ACC, etc. So I post my opinion and give context as to why I disagree.

I think Braxton Berrios is a solid WR. But if I had to watch Miami target him 12 times a game and then come on this board and read about how he's an Elite WR and he only has bad stats because of bad OL play, bad play calling, bad coaching, bad QB play, etc. - that would drive me crazy too.

I don't have to worry about that because we've had talented WR's like Coley, Richards, Dorsett, etc., playing ahead of Berrios.

I would've liked to have landed RB's like Collins/Cook/Michel/Scarlett, etc. so I wouldn't have to watch RB's like Yearby & Walton get 200+ carries each year. But we didn't, so we've had to ride with Yearby & Walton. But just because they're the best of what we got, doesn't mean they're stud/elite RB's. And it's frustrating that so many think it does.

I agree Walton's a great guy, a locker room leader, does things the right way. I get that you like him and want to see him do well. But those reasons don't make him a great player.

As for being a fan - I'm tired of spending the last 10 years hoping/banking on lesser talented players and acting like they're elite. I want to get back to where we have actual elite players at each position so we can get back to winning National Championships.

I understand the logic of supporting the guys we got, being a homer, rooting for the team no matter what, etc. I'll always root for Miami - But I'm also gonna call things as I see them and not try to make our team, coaches, players out to be better than they actually are just because I want them to be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dallas is still listed as an ATH on the official roster.

Would love to see him get thrown into the mix at RB to push Walton.

What's a "short yardage" back? Do they demand that he falls down after he gains 3 yards? Or would it be OK if he gains more than the 1 or 2 yards needed for the 1st down? "Short yardage back" is the biggest load of **** invented by mogoloids looking to excuse bad RB play.

What's a "short yardage" back? Do they demand that he falls down after he gains 3 yards? Or would it be OK if he gains more than the 1 or 2 yards needed for the 1st down? "Short yardage back" is the biggest load of **** invented by mogoloids looking to excuse bad RB play.

He's was used far more often in goal line situations or 3rd and short situations like I said

Advertisement

Un ****ing believable.

I'm not a fan of Walton - no doubt. I don't hate him - I just hate the fact that he's getting so many carries when he doesn't have the talent to warrant it.

What drives me crazy is when posts are made about how he's an Elite RB, a high NFL draft pick, the best RB in the ACC, etc. So I post my opinion and give context as to why I disagree.

I think Braxton Berrios is a solid WR. But if I had to watch Miami target him 12 times a game and then come on this board and read about how he's an Elite WR and he only has bad stats because of bad OL play, bad play calling, bad coaching, bad QB play, etc. - that would drive me crazy too.

I don't have to worry about that because we've had talented WR's like Coley, Richards, Dorsett, etc., playing ahead of Berrios.

I would've liked to have landed RB's like Collins/Cook/Michel/Scarlett, etc. so I wouldn't have to watch RB's like Yearby & Walton get 200+ carries each year. But we didn't, so we've had to ride with Yearby & Walton. But just because they're the best of what we got, doesn't mean they're stud/elite RB's. And it's frustrating that so many think it does.

I agree Walton's a great guy, a locker room leader, does things the right way. I get that you like him and want to see him do well. But those reasons don't make him a great player.

As for being a fan - I'm tired of spending the last 10 years hoping/banking on lesser talented players and acting like they're elite. I want to get back to where we have actual elite players at each position so we can get back to winning National Championships.

I understand the logic of supporting the guys we got, being a homer, rooting for the team no matter what, etc. I'll always root for Miami - But I'm also gonna call things as I see them and not try to make our team, coaches, players out to be better than they actually are just because I want them to be.

Your total argument went to **** when you said you read on here that Berrios is an elite WR. Berrios is probably the most hated player on our team regarding how the overall people on CIS feel about him. He gets trashed on here. People (like myself) just knew Sam Bruce was going to take his spot. We see how that turned out.

Anyway, not understanding what your overall goal is here. Walton is the best we got. You want Homer to be the starter? Will he go down as an all time great UM RB? No. But the kid is a workhorse and someone made the comparison to Knowshawn Moreno which I thought was spot on.

Un ****ing believable.

Your total argument went to **** when you said you read on here that Berrios is an elite WR. Berrios is probably the most hated player on our team regarding how the overall people on CIS feel about him. He gets trashed on here. People (like myself) just knew Sam Bruce was going to take his spot. We see how that turned out.

Anyway, not understanding what your overall goal is here. Walton is the best we got. You want Homer to be the starter? Will he go down as an all time great UM RB? No. But the kid is a workhorse and someone made the comparison to Knowshawn Moreno which I thought was spot on.

I said that "if" I had to read that about Berrios being made out to be elite it would drive me crazy, but that I don't. But I feel like I do read that about Walton. Just look at this thread, and your comparison.

You're comparing Walton to a RB that ran for 1,300+ yds in the SEC his only 2 years in college, and was the 12th overall pick of the NFL draft. You think that's spot on. My point is I think that's insane.

A better comparison for Walton would be the RB Richt started over Knowshon his RS-FR season - Thomas Brown.

Un ****ing believable.

I said that "if" I had to read that about Berrios being made out to be elite it would drive me crazy, but that I don't. But I feel like I do read that about Walton. Just look at this thread, and your comparison.

You're comparing Walton to a RB that ran for 1,300+ yds in the SEC his only 2 years in college, and was the 12th overall pick of the NFL draft. You think that's spot on. My point is I think that's insane.

A better comparison for Walton would be the RB Richt started over Knowshon his RS-FR season - Thomas Brown.

Dude you are throwing stuff against the wall. There is no "if"..nobody has ever called Berrios or Walton elite. EVER. Berrios is for the most part not highly thought of around here...and people love Walton but know he isnt an elite level talent like McGahee or EJ or Gore. But he is **** sure is the best returning RB in the ACC. However you slice it.

Advertisement
Back