Mark walton getting some national praise

Main problem I have about records that UM players are setting these days is that the competition is much weaker than the teams that a RB like Willis McGahee ran through or Ken Dorsey beat. Mark Walton is a very good back but he hasnt shown any thing yet to say he's great or in the convo of a Willis McGahee Edgerrin James level of UM great RBs.

compare the comp from 2002
Miami 2002 Schedule - Hurricanes Home and Away - ESPN

to 2016
http://ww
w.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2390/year/2016

and it's not even comparable... that's why I dont put any weight on Brad Kaaya's stats and records, although I think Mark Walton is a better RB than Kaaya is a QB, same applies with him also when it comes to this topic.

It's also largely a volume thing.

Kaaya is Miami's all-time leader in passing yards partly because he's also Miami's all-time leader in passing attempts.

Walton needs 202 carries this year to become 2nd in all time rushing attempts.

Mark Walton is the undisputed leader of this team. He's earned the respect of his coaches and teammates by showing them a dedication to The U and to the game that any real fan would respect.

I don't understand how any person calling himself/herself a fan of this program can sit here and honestly say they'd rather have RB X or Y in the ACC over Walton. He is a complete back -- RB, receiver, and blocker. He willingly does whatever the team asks him to do. And he has a nose for the endzone.

But since you like stats...

Mark Walton scores a rushing TD every 14.74 attempts.

To put that into a historical perspective...

McGahee scored a rushing TD every 11.26 attempts.
Bratton every 12.27 attempts.
McGuire scored a rushing TD every 12.86 attempts.
As mentioned, Walton scores a rushing TD every 14.74 attempts.
The Edge scored a rushing TD every 14.81 rushes.
Tyrone Moss scored one every 15.85 attempts.
James Jackson scored every 18.66 attempts.
Duke every 20.23 rushes.
Gore scored every 20.47 attempts.
Clinton Portis (aka Dollah Bill, Dolemite Jenkins, Southeast Jerome, Sheriff Gonna Getcha, and Bro Sweets) scored every 20.95 rushes.
And Lamar Miller scored every 22.33 carries.

In conclusion, please follow another team.

I like TD Per Carry as a metric, but it's a better measure at the HS level to project college success. YPC is still the best metric to use.

Top 5 RB's in TD's Per Carry RB's (100 carry minimum) over the last 20 years:

1) Willis McGahee - 11.26
2) Dallas Crawford - 11.92
3) Najeh Davenport - 12.00
4) Mark Walton - 14.74
5) Gus Edwards - 15.50

Top 5 RB's in YPC (100 carry minimum) over the last 20 years:

1) Duke Johnson - 6.7
2) Edgerrin James - 6.0
3) Willis McGahee - 5.9
4) Clinton Portis - 5.7
5) Lamar Miller - 5.7

I see. Stats that make Walton look like an excellent back with an eye for the end zone are much less relevant. Stats that make him look less phenomenal than other all-time great Canes are the ones we should be paying attention to. Thanks for clarifying.
[MENTION=14457]Liberty City El[/MENTION] was right.

Advertisement
Mark Walton is going to turn into Beast Mode this year... next Marshawn Lynch. / If he has the type of season as I think he can, he'll surpass Duke Johnson and Lamar Miller.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back