Mark walton getting some national praise

Anytime anything positive is posted about Walton you can 100% guarantee that POS bshaw will show up.

He hates Walton more than he hates our own rivals, at this point he's basically saying he'd rather have any other RB for Miami, even RB's that are worse than Walton.

People get fooled because he posts a bunch useless stats & make a bunch circular logic arguments, the dude is literally rooting against him & dumbasses actually agree with him smh.

This is the type of "fans" we have, guys who hate our own guys so much they'd rather die than see our guys do well.

Not to mention, he's attacking one of the leaders of the team, ask any Coach or player Offense or Defense, they'll tell you Walton is the guy in the locker room.

Has gone through immense tragedy at a such a young age that most of us couldn't even fathom, but none of that matters, it's nothing but pure hate for the guy, from people that are so called "fans".

Un ****ing believable.

I'm not a fan of Walton - no doubt. I don't hate him - I just hate the fact that he's getting so many carries when he doesn't have the talent to warrant it.

lol hilarious how you said this retarded **** so dramatically

Advertisement
Walton is a dark horse heisman candidate. He's gonna get an extraordinary amount of looks this year running and receiving. Close to 2000 all purpose yards. He's also a td machine, even with multiple tds called back due to penalties.

Anytime anything positive is posted about Walton you can 100% guarantee that POS bshaw will show up.

He hates Walton more than he hates our own rivals, at this point he's basically saying he'd rather have any other RB for Miami, even RB's that are worse than Walton.

People get fooled because he posts a bunch useless stats & make a bunch circular logic arguments, the dude is literally rooting against him & dumbasses actually agree with him smh.

This is the type of "fans" we have, guys who hate our own guys so much they'd rather die than see our guys do well.

Not to mention, he's attacking one of the leaders of the team, ask any Coach or player Offense or Defense, they'll tell you Walton is the guy in the locker room.

Has gone through immense tragedy at a such a young age that most of us couldn't even fathom, but none of that matters, it's nothing but pure hate for the guy, from people that are so called "fans".

Un ****ing believable.

I'm not a fan of Walton - no doubt. I don't hate him - I just hate the fact that he's getting so many carries when he doesn't have the talent to warrant it.

What drives me crazy is when posts are made about how he's an Elite RB, a high NFL draft pick, the best RB in the ACC, etc. So I post my opinion and give context as to why I disagree.

I think Braxton Berrios is a solid WR. But if I had to watch Miami target him 12 times a game and then come on this board and read about how he's an Elite WR and he only has bad stats because of bad OL play, bad play calling, bad coaching, bad QB play, etc. - that would drive me crazy too.

I don't have to worry about that because we've had talented WR's like Coley, Richards, Dorsett, etc., playing ahead of Berrios.

I would've liked to have landed RB's like Collins/Cook/Michel/Scarlett, etc. so I wouldn't have to watch RB's like Yearby & Walton get 200+ carries each year. But we didn't, so we've had to ride with Yearby & Walton. But just because they're the best of what we got, doesn't mean they're stud/elite RB's. And it's frustrating that so many think it does.

I agree Walton's a great guy, a locker room leader, does things the right way. I get that you like him and want to see him do well. But those reasons don't make him a great player.

As for being a fan - I'm tired of spending the last 10 years hoping/banking on lesser talented players and acting like they're elite. I want to get back to where we have actual elite players at each position so we can get back to winning National Championships.

I understand the logic of supporting the guys we got, being a homer, rooting for the team no matter what, etc. I'll always root for Miami - But I'm also gonna call things as I see them and not try to make our team, coaches, players out to be better than they actually are just because I want them to be.

Your total argument went to **** when you said you read on here that Berrios is an elite WR. Berrios is probably the most hated player on our team regarding how the overall people on CIS feel about him. He gets trashed on here. People (like myself) just knew Sam Bruce was going to take his spot. We see how that turned out.

Anyway, not understanding what your overall goal is here. Walton is the best we got. You want Homer to be the starter? Will he go down as an all time great UM RB? No. But the kid is a workhorse and someone made the comparison to Knowshawn Moreno which I thought was spot on.

I said that "if" I had to read that about Berrios being made out to be elite it would drive me crazy, but that I don't. But I feel like I do read that about Walton. Just look at this thread, and your comparison.

You're comparing Walton to a RB that ran for 1,300+ yds in the SEC his only 2 years in college, and was the 12th overall pick of the NFL draft. You think that's spot on. My point is I think that's insane.

A better comparison for Walton would be the RB Richt started over Knowshon his RS-FR season - Thomas Brown.

Dude you are throwing stuff against the wall. There is no "if"..nobody has ever called Berrios or Walton elite. EVER. Berrios is for the most part not highly thought of around here...and people love Walton but know he isnt an elite level talent like McGahee or EJ or Gore. But he is **** sure is the best returning RB in the ACC. However you slice it.

Berrios was a hypothetical example.

You say no one has ever called Walton elite, but then say a "spot on" comparison is a RB than finished 2nd and 1st in the SEC in rushing in his 2 years, then went 12th overall in the draft? How is that not calling him elite???

And comparing Walton to a 1st round draft pick, and saying he's the best "returning" RB in the ACC are two totally separate arguments. Walton was a 3rd team ACC RB last year. I pointed out that's debatable since a 2015 2nd & 3rd Team RB are also returning. You don't see how that can possibly be a debate?

Wow this has been quite the thread on both ends of the spectrum. On one end we have folks thinkin walton is a heisman candidate, on the other end he is barely able to hold a jock strap. Both are terribly inaccurate but neither make you less of a fan. The kid is indeed a workhorse leader of the team and incredibly valuable to our plans this year. Not elite but capable of great things if this team pulls it all together. OL & QB. I got no clue whether hes drafted 3rd rd or not at all and I dont care as long as his efforts lead to double digit Ws. Thats all that matters

Advertisement
I have no doubts this thread will be revived during the season.

Question is: Will it be revived to serve crow to [MENTION=1107]bshaw28[/MENTION], or will he be the one reviving it?

Dude is awfully certain of his opinion ...

If he's wrong, he'll probably need to change his user name. lol

Advertisement

Main problem I have about records that UM players are setting these days is that the competition is much weaker than the teams that a RB like Willis McGahee ran through or Ken Dorsey beat. Mark Walton is a very good back but he hasnt shown any thing yet to say he's great or in the convo of a Willis McGahee Edgerrin James level of UM great RBs.

compare the comp from 2002
Miami 2002 Schedule - Hurricanes Home and Away - ESPN

to 2016
http://ww
w.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2390/year/2016

and it's not even comparable... that's why I dont put any weight on Brad Kaaya's stats and records, although I think Mark Walton is a better RB than Kaaya is a QB, same applies with him also when it comes to this topic.

Main problem I have about records that UM players are setting these days is that the competition is much weaker than the teams that a RB like Willis McGahee ran through or Ken Dorsey beat. Mark Walton is a very good back but he hasnt shown any thing yet to say he's great or in the convo of a Willis McGahee Edgerrin James level of UM great RBs.

to 2016

and it's not even comparable... that's why I dont put any weight on Brad Kaaya's stats and records, although I think Mark Walton is a better RB than Kaaya is a QB, same applies with him also when it comes to this topic.

It's also largely a volume thing.

Kaaya is Miami's all-time leader in passing yards partly because he's also Miami's all-time leader in passing attempts.

Walton needs 202 carries this year to become 2nd in all time rushing attempts.

Like I said, you literally cannot post anything positive about Walton on here it's ****** comical.

All I know, when he's putting the team on his back this season the hate parade should just keep quiet & continue to root against him.

to 2016

Kaaya is Miami's all-time leader in passing yards partly because he's also Miami's all-time leader in passing attempts.

Mark Walton is the undisputed leader of this team. He's earned the respect of his coaches and teammates by showing them a dedication to The U and to the game that any real fan would respect.

I don't understand how any person calling himself/herself a fan of this program can sit here and honestly say they'd rather have RB X or Y in the ACC over Walton. He is a complete back -- RB, receiver, and blocker. He willingly does whatever the team asks him to do. And he has a nose for the endzone.

But since you like stats...

Mark Walton scores a rushing TD every 14.74 attempts.

To put that into a historical perspective...

McGahee scored a rushing TD every 11.26 attempts.
Bratton every 12.27 attempts.
McGuire scored a rushing TD every 12.86 attempts.
As mentioned, Walton scores a rushing TD every 14.74 attempts.
The Edge scored a rushing TD every 14.81 rushes.
Tyrone Moss scored one every 15.85 attempts.
James Jackson scored every 18.66 attempts.
Duke every 20.23 rushes.
Gore scored every 20.47 attempts.
Clinton Portis (aka Dollah Bill, Dolemite Jenkins, Southeast Jerome, Sheriff Gonna Getcha, and Bro Sweets) scored every 20.95 rushes.
And Lamar Miller scored every 22.33 carries.

In conclusion, please follow another team.

Last edited:
Advertisement

to 2016

Mark Walton is the undisputed leader of this team. He's earned the respect of his coaches and teammates by showing them a dedication to The U and to the game that any real fan would respect.

I don't understand how any person calling himself/herself a fan of this program can sit here and honestly say they'd rather have RB X or Y in the ACC over Walton. He is a complete back -- RB, receiver, and blocker. He willingly does whatever the team asks him to do. And he has a nose for the endzone.

Duke every 20.23 rushes.
And Clinton Portis (aka Dollah Bill, Dolemite Jenkins, Southeast Jerome, Sheriff Gonna Getcha, and Bro Sweets) scored every 20.95 rushes.

well I've always been a Mark Walton supporter but he's not on the level of McGahee, Edge, Duke, Portis, and Gore which was all i was saying... it's still possible for him to break out this season and surpass someone like Duke Johnson in my eyes but the other's i mentioned would take a lot for me to list him with those guys.

to 2016

Duke every 20.23 rushes.
And Clinton Portis (aka Dollah Bill, Dolemite Jenkins, Southeast Jerome, Sheriff Gonna Getcha, and Bro Sweets) scored every 20.95 rushes.

well I've always been a Mark Walton supporter but he's not on the level of McGahee, Edge, Duke, Portis, and Gore which was all i was saying... it's still possible for him to break out this season and surpass someone like Duke Johnson in my eyes but the other's i mentioned would take a lot for me to list him with those guys.

I think that's a fair position to take.

Advertisement
He's not even the 41st best player on this team.

But presently, he is our best RB on the team!!

Maybe one day we can acknowledge our students accomplishments, rather than knocking them!!

Homer is better and you will get a taste of that this year.

I'm in this camp.

I think it will be hard for Homer to overtake Walton on the depth chart since Richt is so entrenched with Walton - but Homer will prove to be the better RB.

Maybe one day we can acknowledge our students accomplishments, rather than knocking them!!

I'm in this camp.

I think it will be hard for Homer to overtake Walton on the depth chart since Richt is so entrenched with Walton - but Homer will prove to be the better RB.

I have no problem with Homer stepping up and showing out!! If he proves to be better than Walton,.. Even better for the team!! But,.. Until that's proven,.. Or at least enough game film to make that argument,..Walton is still our leading RB!!

I'm in this camp.

I have no problem with Homer stepping up and showing out!! If he proves to be better than Walton,.. Even better for the team!! But,.. Until that's proven,.. Or at least enough game film to make that argument,..Walton is still our leading RB!!

The numbers thus far prove without any doubt whatsoever that Walton is not an elite back. And bshaw has shown that he is arguably, not even an avr ACC back.

With that said , what is not instinctive to some (field vision) can sometimes be learned with enough practice and time.

My hope is Walton has an epiphany on his field vision and tears it up this year but I wont be holding my breath for that to happen.

Is Homer better? No one can say right now.

to 2016

Duke every 20.23 rushes.
Clinton Portis (aka Dollah Bill, Dolemite Jenkins, Southeast Jerome, Sheriff Gonna Getcha, and Bro Sweets) scored every 20.95 rushes.
And Lamar Miller scored every 22.33 carries.

I like TD Per Carry as a metric, but it's a better measure at the HS level to project college success. YPC is still the best metric to use.

Top 5 RB's in TD's Per Carry RB's (100 carry minimum) over the last 20 years:

1) Willis McGahee - 11.26
2) Dallas Crawford - 11.92
3) Najeh Davenport - 12.00
4) Mark Walton - 14.74
5) Gus Edwards - 15.50

Top 5 RB's in YPC (100 carry minimum) over the last 20 years:

1) Duke Johnson - 6.7
2) Edgerrin James - 6.0
3) Willis McGahee - 5.9
4) Clinton Portis - 5.7
5) Lamar Miller - 5.7