Mark Richt hosting mega "Paradise Camp"

View as article
I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only one who thought the name leaves something to be desired, but they're also saying it's paradise here. Whatever, the name doesn't matter, but who you get to come and work it.

Advertisement
I don't want people coming to Miami for Paradise, I want them ready to play some **** football. Thats my only quarrell with the name...but Richt's the professional so I'm behind it 100%

It could be called goo-goo ****** fest for all I care. As long as we continue to have a guest list that looks like The Under Armour All America game and getting some of them to commit

You have to live outside of the state for a while to appreciate the branding here. For a lot of people, Miami is easy to hate because the perception is that 'they have it all, it's paradise.' WWW could stand for Weather, Women and Wealth in south Florida; how dare you have World Champions in sports too (when sportsis all they have to live for).
So why would any kid use to freezing his *** off and looking at buck-toothed vampires everyday want to go see lights and dawgs when he can come to paradise? The name accentuates the positives and establishes UM as something unique; I think it's a pretty good draw for now.

Advertisement
For ***** sake we have probably the single biggest recruiting event in the last decade announced and there is 4 pages *****ing about the name of the camp? I hate you guys sometimes.

Paradise Camp is a really poor name for football branding. Friday Night Lights @ UF or Dawgnight @ UGA are more appropriate.

Since those two names are taken, and frankly Dawgnight at Miami would be pretty **** silly, what name do you suggest?

Off the top of my head...."The Gathering"..."The Blueprint"...literally anything that doesnt make us sound like a summer camp for SFL retirees who want to play shuffleboard.

"Reading Too Much into the Name" or "Complaining to Complain"

Nah, if you want to rebuild a national brand then branding plays a major part. Coral Gables is nice but Miami and the surrounding area is far from paradise. It's kind of comical when Miami was just named the worst city to live in america like a week ago.

Miami Named America's Worst City to Live | Miami New Times

They're working on branding!

Miami has beautiful weather, beautiful women, offers a great education...and look at these superstar millionaires that are teaching you at the camp... You can be them one day = Paradise

Advertisement
Paradise Camp is a really poor name for football branding. Friday Night Lights @ UF or Dawgnight @ UGA are more appropriate.

Since those two names are taken, and frankly Dawgnight at Miami would be pretty **** silly, what name do you suggest?

Off the top of my head...."The Gathering"..."The Blueprint"...literally anything that doesnt make us sound like a summer camp for SFL retirees who want to play shuffleboard.

Nah, if you want to rebuild a national brand then branding plays a major part. Coral Gables is nice but Miami and the surrounding area is far from paradise. It's kind of comical when Miami was just named the worst city to live in america like a week ago.

You're a special type of slow...

For the last 15 years the UM team has looked like they've been on a permanent vacation at paradise camp. I guess that's the brand we're going to roll with. Come to miami where you can wear flip flops and skateboard around like Telemaque. Do we want savages or beach bums?

Advertisement
For ****s sake we have probably the single biggest recruiting event in the last decade announced and there is 4 pages *****ing about the name of the camp? I hate you guys sometimes.

....the same guys complaining are the ones who are longing for golden to return and love our uniforms with f'ing feathers on them

For the last 15 years the UM team has looked like they've been on a permanent vacation at paradise camp. I guess that's the brand we're going to roll with. Come to miami where you can wear flip flops and skateboard around like Telemaque. Do we want savages or beach bums?

What does the last 15 years have to do with this year when we finally have a legit, proven coach? If the elite kids are coming from all over the country, then they must like ******* paradise. Like I said, you're a special type of slow...

Its a tropical climate with a beautiful small private school campus in the middle of a nice area. That is all within driving distance to a major party area and a beach people come from around the world to see in a state that is mostly known for tourism and beaches. I can't fathom why you are so set on not wanting to use these things that would attract anybody and that should be used as one of many tools to attract top players. It is a little corny but nowhere near as corny as a 2004 movie reference and a 90s way to talk about your friends. It is also something that will not get dated with time.

Advertisement

What does the last 15 years have to do with this year when we finally have a legit, proven coach? If the elite kids are coming from all over the country, then they must like ******* paradise. Like I said, you're a special type of slow...

Changing the perception of the program has to do with the last 15 years slowpoke. That starts with branding, coaching upgrades, facility upgrades, recruiting, and ends with wins. The fact is branding is SUPER important to recruits hence the 100 threads of nike vs adidas, the emergence of all black uni's, etc. Kids want edgy ****, paradise camp is for your grandparents. I guess it's better than Pastor Richts Vacation Bible School camp.

LOL at complaining about the camp name and being caught up in "branding." The last HC was all about turning dumb phrases and hashtags. How'd that go?

And why the fck is Friday Night Lights, which was a TV show, and has nothing to do with Gainesville better than Paradise? The Gathering? That's priceless.

Advertisement
Back