Mark Richt hosting mega "Paradise Camp"

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
CMR.jpg

A source confirmed to CanesInSight that Mark Richt is hosting "Paradise camp", an elite gathering of prospects on Miami's campus, for a two-day event on Friday, July 15th and Saturday, July 16th.

The camp is expected to be the same type of "big lights" event that Georgia hosts annually with "Dawg Night" and Florida has with "Friday Night Lights". Miami has never hosted a recruiting event to this magnitude and this will be an invite-only affair.

Miami's unique twist for the camp? Major UM football alumni will be coaching at the camp, a source told CanesInSight. These are expected to be high profile names from Hurricanes history.

The Friday day of the camp will be for rising 9th and 10th graders, while Saturday is intended for rising 11th and 12th graders.

This will be a star-studded list of attendees. Miami is expecting the following prospects on campus thus far:

N'Kosi Perry

Cade Weldon

Anthony McFarland

Robert Burns

Deejay Dallas

Devonta Smith

Evidence Njoku

Jerry Jeudy

Rodney Scott

Kevaughn Dingle

Brian Polendey

Navaughn Donaldson

Zach Dykstra

Alex Leatherwood

Marquis Hayes

CJ Henderson

Billy Gibson

Brian Edwards

I'm also told that there are multiple 2017 kids who will fly in under-the-radar because they are currently committed to other school. The 2018 list of prospects is "major" as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Miami's unique twist for the camp? Major UM football alumni will be coaching at the camp, a source told CanesInSight. These are expected to be high profile names from Hurricanes history.

:U5PyXda:

Imagine having Ed Reed or Ray Lewis coaching you from the sidelines, telling you all about how the U set them up for a hall of fame career.

One thing Al Golden never got that Richt clearly does: our Alumni can be a dangerous recruiting tool

Advertisement
I gonna climb in the back seat and take a nap, because Richt can drive without me riding shotgun. This guy knows WTF he's doing! We'll be back in 2 years!

Probably the most bada$$ thing I could have expected over the summer at the U for a camp.

Please God, don't let it rain on these 2 days. Thats the only thing that could ruin this whole thing. I really hope Trajan Bandy is one of the "under the radar" guys. Maybe Stephen Carr too.

Advertisement
I've been waiting for this **** since we hired him. Where is this gonna be? Greentree?

Don't really know what alumni to expect at the camp..Michael Irvin, Phillip Buchanan, Shockey, Highsmith, Searcy? Maybe Walsh and Testaverde?

Most of those have been around the program recently. Searcy was at a practice, Shockey was working with our TEs, obviously Irvin and Testaverde for their sons, and Buchanan is always at HS football games locally. Then, Walsh is just a little bit up the road.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm guessing one of the 2017 kids who will "fly in under-the-radar" has to be Bandy & maybe ***an or Wright.
This is going to be a huge event for The U, I fully expect at least one or two commits from both 2017 & 18 class at camp's end.
If we can get Bandy to flip, Edwards to commit, plus make major headway with McFarland & Jeudy/Smith (either or), this would be a gigantic W for Miami in the recruiting wars. Njoku probably needs to commit too.
For #Storm18 , hopefully at least one of the DB's commits to us & if Jermaine Eskridge is invited it would be great to get him locked down too.
Overall, "Paradise Camp" will be the marker of a new era for Miami football, Coach Richt is bringing this thing back & our in state rivals have a lot to be worried about.

Advertisement
This is a great idea. I wouldn't be shocked if other schools cry to the NCAA about the alums coaching being an unfair recruiting advantage.

Don't really know what alumni to expect at the camp..Michael Irvin, Phillip Buchanan, Shockey, Highsmith, Searcy? Maybe Walsh and Testaverde?

Most of those have been around the program recently. Searcy was at a practice, Shockey was working with our TEs, obviously Irvin and Testaverde for their sons, and Buchanan is always at HS football games locally. Then, Walsh is just a little bit up the road.
I'm thinking we can get Edgerrin James or Clinton Portis to come out & coach the RB's, probably Vilma or DJ to coach the LB's (especially DJ because it would be a great opportunity for him to promote his clothing line, lol).
For WR's, Irvin makes the most sense, but I think we could get Andre, Reggie or Santana for this camp.
For DB's, it'll probably be Buchanon or Van Dyke (because he's really tuned in on recruiting), idk how busy Ed Reed will be with the Bills & idk if it would be against the rules to bring in Earl Little considering he's a High School coach.

EDIT: it's been confirmed by Coach Richt, that Ray Lewis & Michael Irvin will be there!!!
Ray Lewis among 'Cane alums to appear at UM Paradise camp - Sun Sentinel

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back