Mark Richt had a heart attack

Hope he fully recovers and starts taking better care of himself.
Didn't like him as a coach, but he played here and is a good person.

Advertisement
The offense was terrible but he was a fantastic man and ever better leader. Last year's struggles were a blessing in disguise. He needed to put coaching behind him because of health issues he may not have known he had. Glad he is recovering well.

Well said

Advertisement
He will always be a cane (with a little sideways glance for his FSU tenure) and gave us a lot including a legitimate chance at a turnaround. Didn’t work but fam is fam

Praying that coach gets better pronto. Wow I was telling my CIS buddies how sharp he looked Saturday on the Huddle crew.
Well coach you need to get the ticker checked out with the UHealth cardiac team... UHealth is the only thing left that's elite in Miami.

Hope he fully recovers and starts taking better care of himself.
Didn't like him as a coach, but he played here and is a good person.

@Ammok you can't be serious? 10 win season, acc coastal champ, orange bowl appearance, better recruiting classes, ipf, excitement back in the program, butts in the seats, ..... richt was the best thing that has happened to our program in over 15 years. he was a great coach for what he did. he refused to change his offense and fire his son. so he did the mature thing, realized it was time to go, focus on his health and resigned. left millions on the table.

Advertisement
I wish him well.

It is a bit odd, imo, to publicly announce you know you're going to Heaven. The prospect of being judged by God is a humbling moment, I would think.

As someone raised in the traditional Catholic Church, I understand what you're saying but different religions treat how you speak about this in different manners. I'm pretty sure Rick is a parishioner at a non-denominational Evangelical type church where saying and believing this is part of the teachings/way of life and not at all a sign of Seven Deadly Sin type pride.

As @supersaiyanshel said, the world could use more Mark Richts. Gotta feel for Mrs. Richt today too. Finally gets her husband pretty much home and less than a year later this happens. Here's to it only being at most a warning sign.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
What a complete *******. The guy had a heart attack and could have died but you want to make a sport out of him.
What the F*ck are you talking about *****. Your reading comprehension skills aren’t there so go stfu and stay out of grown folks conversation you cuck

And if you gotta problem. Dm me. I’m not here to go back and forth with you and ruin a thread. We can settle this in private tough guy.

Prayers for Mark. He did no harm here that was not made good by him in the end. I had heart attack a dozen or years ago. I was lucky and stent in the widow-maker was all that was needed. Not sure what Mark's cause was but I was out of hospital next day. He should be fine. On the plush side, the morphine shot I got in intensive care was NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. May the Lord take care of Mark and his family.

As someone raised in the traditional Catholic Church, I understand what you're saying but different religions treat how you speak about this in different manners. I'm pretty sure Rick is a practitioner at the non-denominational Evangelical type churches where saying and believing this is part of the teachings/way of life and not at all a sign of Seven Deadly Sin type pride.

As @supersaiyanshel said, the world could use more Mark Richts. Gotta feel for Mrs. Richt today too. Finally gets her husband pretty much home and less than a year later this happens. Here's to it only being at most a warning sign.
I guess. Like I said, not the occasion to say anything negative, just found that curious. Hope he recovers.

What the F*ck are you talking about *****. Your reading comprehension skills aren’t there so go stfu and stay out of grown folks conversation you cuck

And if you gotta problem. Dm me. I’m not here to go back and forth with you and ruin a thread. We can settle this in private tough guy.
"In hindsight, Him stepping down might have been bigger than just firing his son". Is this a respectful thing to say to someone who just suffered a heart attack? Really kind of you.

And, you are the one talking like a "tough guy".

Advertisement
Back