Mark Richt had a heart attack

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here's a general rule of well-wishes and condolences from The Thaddeus Footeball Skool of Decorum & Non-A$$holery:

- You don't have to preface well-wishes and especially condolences with proclamtions of how you disagreed with someone's politics or job performance or whatever in the past but you're putting that aside now to offer a nice statement.

Such a tactic isn't required to maintain your personal credibility on any front and it certainly doesn't make you look like the bigger individual or show you to have a proper moral compass in mentioning that you're setting aside past disagreements or critiques.

Just my personal thoughts as we see it all the time in the world of social media.

Future lessons will cost $49.95 per session. We meet Tuesday and Wednesday nights in the lounge at Bird Bowl. Collared shirt is required.

Last edited:
Most important thing is he is a Cane. Glad he is ok. Dude got the indoor facility built as much as anyone.

And didn't want anything to do with the remaining millions left on his contract either. That speaks volumes in my odd opinion!

Advertisement
Here's a general rule of well-wishes and condolences from The Thaddeus Footeball Skool of Decorum & Non-A$$holery:

- You don't have to preface well-wishes and especially condolences with proclamtions of how you disagreed with someone's politics or job performance or whatever in the past but you're putting that aside now to offer a nice statement.

Such a tactic isn't required to maintain your personal credibility on any front and it certainly doesn't make you look like the bigger individual or show you to have a proper moral compass in mentioning that you're setting aside past disagreements or critiques.

Just my personal thoughts as we see it all the time in the world of social media.

Future lessons will cost $49.95 per session. We meet Tuesday and Wednesday nights in the lounge at Bird Bowl. Collered shirt is required.
I'm not paying $49.95 'cause the session ain't over until this thread is locked. What are your thoughts on people prefacing a post, here or on social media, with:

"As a <insert "fan", "alumni", "doctorate", "person with a pulse" etc> of <insert proper noun>, I think <insert opinion on a subject>..."?

For example:

"As a fan of the Miami Hurricanes, I think the way Perdue University has celebrated Tyler Trents life and honored his death with a memorial at their stadium is inspiring."

Future lessons will cost $49.95 per session. We meet Tuesday and Wednesday nights in the lounge at Bird Bowl. Collared shirt is required.
In other words.............show a little Class with your preface, and with your well wishes.
Very well stated Tad.

Hope it just required a stent and was caught before any heart damage occurred. I had a heart attack 5 years ago and have 2 stents, it is amazing what can be done today. I went home the next day which might explain how he expects to be back at work soon. I'll be praying for him and pray he follows his doctors suggestions to avoid any future events. Godspeed Mark.

I'm not paying $49.95 'cause the session ain't over until this thread is locked. What are your thoughts on people prefacing a post, here or on social media, with:

"As a <insert "fan", "alumni", "doctorate", "person with a pulse" etc> of <insert proper noun>, I think <insert opinion on a subject>..."?

For example:

"As a fan of the Miami Hurricanes, I think the way Perdue University has celebrated Tyler Trents life and honored his death with a memorial at their stadium is inspiring."

That example was actually on the worksheet I was preparing for tomorrow evening's session. I've already charged your credit card for the 10 session package (and a fee for the post class bowling and Miller Lite) so consider this thread just a free preview.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Probably woke up from a bad dream and thought he was still our coach..but anyways wish a speedy recovery coach

Advertisement
Back