Mark Richt Fired From UGA

Advertisement
I like Mark but I am not sure he has the fire and the energy to start over at demanding place like Miami. That is my concern with him. I think taking some time off will do him good at this time.

dude is an alum who coached 15 years at an SEC school with a record of 144-51 and a bowl record of 9-5 yet he isn't good enough for you guys??? you guys really think Butch is THAT much better?

Yes, Butch is. However, it will be hard to go crazy if they pick Mark. But not as exciting was Butch the monster builder.

Advertisement
Patterson, Herman, Richt, Butch, are all home runs in my opinion. Just hope our BOT isn't dumb enough to actually want Cristobal on staff.

So wait a second.....

Here we have another premiere opening and there's not a peep about them looking at Botch?

About Richt, it sounds like he's done coaching for awhile if not forever.

Advertisement
If we did go with Richt, I would hope it wouldn't be the $4 million we keep throwing around and the same goes for Butch. Both of them could be anywhere from 2-3 at the highest and spend good money on a staff. That's the only way for me to really want either of them.

Richt made 4 mil this year. No one is going to willingly accept a new job for half the money

I'm not saying exactly $2 million, maybe 2.75-3. He just got fired, he can't expect to get paid the same as the job before.

For Butch, ya $2 million-2.5 tops

So wait a second.....

Here we have another premiere opening and there's not a peep about them looking at Botch?

About Richt, it sounds like he's done coaching for awhile if not forever.
And you won't hear his name.

Only Miami has Mario and Butch as candidates lol

Best years are behind him.

Consistently fields plodding offenses despite being littered with playmakers.

Usually tapers off the latter half of the year.

Has gotten away with leveraging booster$ for quite a long time. Won't have that luxury here.

No thanks.

Advertisement
There is no debating Richt's competency to run a major program--which is exactly what Miami has been lacking for the past decade. I think he just needs a fresh start. Give him the keys now and have him tell an assistant to coach UGA's bowl game. I think he can lock down the State of Miami as well as anyone, but he needs to get started.

People believe richt has lost that edge because he has become more religious now. There are several that have said he might retire if uga fires him and look to do more work involving the church.

People believe richt has lost that edge because he has become more religious now. There are several that have said he might retire if uga fires him and look to do more work involving the church.

People talk a lot. And most are idiots.

Advertisement
Richt was a great coach, but his best years are behind him. He's a shadow of that passionate figure he used to be. If you watched him coach in the early 2000's...he brought a lot of fire and coached with a chip on his shoulder. However now it looks like he doesn't even want to coach anymore. Like I said...he's a great coach, but Miami would be making a huge mistake if they hired him. He would be better than Golden by a long shot, but we wouldn't be winning championships with him.

Kindof like Butch Davis.

Richt was a great coach, but his best years are behind him. He's a shadow of that passionate figure he used to be. If you watched him coach in the early 2000's...he brought a lot of fire and coached with a chip on his shoulder. However now it looks like he doesn't even want to coach anymore. Like I said...he's a great coach, but Miami would be making a huge mistake if they hired him. He would be better than Golden by a long shot, but we wouldn't be winning championships with him.

Kindof like Butch Davis.

Nah. Butch is hungry, he wants to prove everyone wrong. He's got a lot to prove and is going to coach with a chip on his shoulder. In my opinion, he's got a lot left in the tank. You can just tell in his interviews how badly he wants the job. Do I see that same hunger in Richt? Absolutely not, he wants to retire and do his ministry work. Best days are way behind him.

Advertisement
Back