Mark Richt Fired From UGA

Advertisement
Herman would kill it there. Hiring Kirby smart would be so stupid, which they might do

Herman will kill it pretty much anywhere he goes. Hoping our decision makers are all over him because somebody is going to get a great one when they hire him.

Richt strikes me as being to much of a religious nut for Miami. He's wanted to do mission work, so maybe he will leave coaching altogether. I don't see him fitting in here AT ALL, even though he played for the Canes at one time.

Another reason to not putz around with a list of 97. Just pick Herman or Mullen and call it a day (if Kelly isn't interested).

dude is an alum who coached 15 years at an SEC school with a record of 144-51 and a bowl record of 9-5 yet he isn't good enough for you guys??? you guys really think Butch is THAT much better?

What does his record 10 years ago have to do with him being a candidate today?

If you want Mark Richt, you haven't watched them play lately. He bring nothing elite to the table, the game has passed him by.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Richt isn't my top pick but with a much easier path, he could get us in the playoff hunt. Just don't know if he could win a playoff game. He'll be the best coach in our division but that's easy to be.

dude is an alum who coached 15 years at an SEC school with a record of 144-51 and a bowl record of 9-5 yet he isn't good enough for you guys??? you guys really think Butch is THAT much better?

What does his record 10 years ago have to do with him being a candidate today?

If you want Mark Richt, you haven't watched them play lately. He bring nothing elite to the table, the game has passed him by.

Tell that to Butch fans. besides, he's 49-17 in the past 5 years with 2 SEC titles. I mean he's not Saban, but that's certainly better/more proven than anyone else who's available. I'm not exactly sure who you'd want but nobody boasts that kind of resume.

Georgia writers on 247 are saying it's Mullen or Kirby smart and that the move will happen relatively quickly

Glad to know they will go after Kirby Smart.

UGA and Bama has always been rumored to be the job he was holding out for.

Advertisement
What's taking us so long, Butch is clearly the best option to hire. Let him build a great staff and get to recruiting

Advertisement
Richt was comfortable. Think Don Shula from 1986 on. Made it to the first round of the playoffs and lost. Oh well, next year. Richt seems the same. In the hunt for the SEC East, then loses and rests on a 9 or 10 win season. There's always next year.

It seems like Butch wants to finish what he started and missed out on by leaving. That means he's hungry. I'll pick the hungry coach over the comfortable one every time.

he's not my number 1 choice, but I'd be very happy if we were to hire him. that's all I'll say because those of you moaning about him even being available are too delirious for me to even talk to.

It's gonna be Smart. Also he may stay at Georgia after all..

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 3m3 minutes ago
Georgia says Mark Richt has "opportunity to accept other duties & responsibilities at UGA following the bowl game"

Advertisement
Back