Mark Richt Fired From UGA

Richt was a great coach, but his best years are behind him. He's a shadow of that passionate figure he used to be. If you watched him coach in the early 2000's...he brought a lot of fire and coached with a chip on his shoulder. However now it looks like he doesn't even want to coach anymore. Like I said...he's a great coach, but Miami would be making a huge mistake if they hired him. He would be better than Golden by a long shot, but we wouldn't be winning championships with him.

Mark Richt is not a "great coach".

Advertisement
Richt was a great coach, but his best years are behind him. He's a shadow of that passionate figure he used to be. If you watched him coach in the early 2000's...he brought a lot of fire and coached with a chip on his shoulder. However now it looks like he doesn't even want to coach anymore. Like I said...he's a great coach, but Miami would be making a huge mistake if they hired him. He would be better than Golden by a long shot, but we wouldn't be winning championships with him.

He was at one time. Go back and look at some of the seasons he had years ago. He was a great coach...today? Not so much. His best years are behind him....no fire left in him what so ever.

I'd take Butch over Richt

This. If we're stuck with having to hire a CEO-type coach, give me Butch over Richt all day.

That being said, I hope we're shooting for an innovative coach. Chip Kelly may be unrealistic, but UM better be making an effort. Tom Herman should be a priority as well.

Advertisement

He was at one time. Go back and look at some of the seasons he had years ago. He was a great coach...today? Not so much. His best years are behind him....no fire left in him what so ever.

No, your standard of "great" is simply wrong. He has been a solid coach at best, he has 2 conference titles in 14 years. Are you ready to accept that kind of greatness? Oh yeah, you are since you are crowning him as great in this here thread.

He is better than Golden, and Radio. That doesn't mean he is great, or that he would be a great hire for miami.

No, your standard of "great" is simply wrong. He has been a solid coach at best, he has 2 conference titles in 14 years. Are you ready to accept that kind of greatness? Oh yeah, you are since you are crowning him as great in this here thread.

He is better than Golden, and Radio. That doesn't mean he is great, or that he would be a great hire for miami.

Lol look at my first post, I never said I wanted to hire him. I said Miami would be making a huge mistake in hiring him. He's washed up now, so I have no idea what you're talking about haha.

My dream list in no particular order is: Chip, Mullen, Patterson, Herman, Butch.

If we did go with Richt, I would hope it wouldn't be the $4 million we keep throwing around and the same goes for Butch. Both of them could be anywhere from 2-3 at the highest and spend good money on a staff. That's the only way for me to really want either of them.

Advertisement
Man you guys are trippin'. Richt would be a great option. He's not necessarily 1, 2, or 3, but I would put him in the top tier of potentials

I like Richt but to offer the miami job I would have to make sure he REALLY wants it. Like one poster put...the last few years he just seems to have lost the fire. If somehow getting fired now has given him a chip on his shoulder with something to prove, I'd give him a call.

If we did go with Richt, I would hope it wouldn't be the $4 million we keep throwing around and the same goes for Butch. Both of them could be anywhere from 2-3 at the highest and spend good money on a staff. That's the only way for me to really want either of them.

Richt made 4 mil this year. No one is going to willingly accept a new job for half the money

Advertisement

Lol look at my first post, I never said I wanted to hire him. I said Miami would be making a huge mistake in hiring him. He's washed up now, so I have no idea what you're talking about haha.

My dream list in no particular order is: Chip, Mullen, Patterson, Herman, Butch.

Sorry, I couldn't get past the dumb before I felt the need to chime in. I am glad you don't want to hire this definitely-not-great-coach.

Read something on twitter saying he can't take another job until after the bowl game... any truth to that?

If so, we can't be looking his way right?

Advertisement
I think he could get over his plateau with the right coordinators and a move to the ACC. Here at Miami he could possibly recruit one of the best teams he ever had and then have an easier path to the playoffs than he ever had in the SEC. Not that the SEC is extremely great, but our division should be an easy win for us year in and year out. I'll take a guy that has had 10 10 win seasons in 15 years anyday. He also had to go through some consecutive tough eras that people seem to overlook...Tebow/Meyer, Cam Newton, Saban.

I like Richt but to offer the miami job I would have to make sure he REALLY wants it. Like one poster put...the last few years he just seems to have lost the fire. If somehow getting fired now has given him a chip on his shoulder with something to prove, I'd give him a call.
Well said. Totally agree.

People.....we are not coming back with a "Recruiter".....Please read my Dalvin Cook thread. If you aren't winning quickly, you WILL NOT BEAT OUT FSU FOR ELITE KIDS.

Advertisement
Back