Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins to enter the transfer portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tony Robbins has entered the chat…😎

Real chit, bro. I had a convo w/ one of my youngins 2 weeks ago w his uncle. He finally admitted after 6 yrs he f’d up blowing his opportunity at SC. Couldn’t get along w/ Helton vs. just humbling himself & do what he needed in practice & in the classroom. Relying upon being a 2x “state champ” from HS. I was proud he finally admitted that, & I told him it’s not too late to pursue that degree, at least.

No offense, but that’s on him. It’s been well documented, ****, even Harley admitted these boys wasn’t putting in work. Getting a scholarship is a F’ing blessing on any level, whether athletically or academically. U have to put in work to make that blessing come to fruition.

I feel for athletes that lost out on their professional dreams when tragedy strikes them, not by relying upon what u did in HS & not put in the work. U can’t trick off opportunities given to u b/c that window is open for only so long. It’s incumbent on anyone who’s given that opportunity to work towards fulfilling it.

So no; I don’t “have to feel” for Pope or any other kid who didn’t put in the work in the classroom or on the field. This is y I stress to all my youngins to keep it tight both on & off the field. No one owes u a **** thing, but since u were given this opportunity, u better do the **** thing in the classroom & field b/c one or the other, if not both will come to fruition WHEN U APPLY URSELF.
I don't disagree with anything you said. But the realization that you didn't do what you had to do and squandered your opportunities has to be a total kick in the nuts.

Advertisement
Bizare that he could not do anything with his 10.53 100 meter speed. I thought he was going to be good. Even Alabama was after him hard. Only good at staying in his lane? He should of stayed and at least got his degree at UM.
Fast but lacks explosiveness bad frame too not his fault u either got it or don't.

Not true. He can absolutely create seperation and is explosive enough for the likes of JSU. Is he upper level P5 level ability? No. But to say he cant hack it at JSU which probably doesnt have 1 kid on their roster outside of Travis Hunter who could make FIUs scout team, is a stretch. Popes problem is he is small and cant catch. And isnt mentally tough. WRs have to be mentally tough to survive and hes not. And of course, if you cant catch, I dont care where you go to try and play..your not going to hack it. Even at JSU.
Yea at this level is what I mean obviously. With the ball in his hand imo he didn't look explosive at all.

Because whatever dream this kid had of the NFL is either shattered or nearly shattered. That has to suck

No offense, but that’s on him. It’s been well documented, ****, even Harley admitted these boys wasn’t putting in work. Getting a scholarship is a F’ing blessing on any level, whether athletically or academically. U have to put in work to make that blessing come to fruition.

I feel for athletes that lost out on their professional dreams when tragedy strikes them, not by relying upon what u did in HS & not put in the work. U can’t trick off opportunities given to u b/c that window is open for only so long. It’s incumbent on anyone who’s given that opportunity to work towards fulfilling it.

So no; I don’t “have to feel” for Pope or any other kid who didn’t put in the work in the classroom or on the field. This is y I stress to all my youngins to keep it tight both on & off the field. No one owes u a **** thing, but since u were given this opportunity, u better do the **** thing in the classroom & field b/c one or the other, if not both will come to fruition WHEN U APPLY URSELF.
Well said. No doubt these kids got to learn nothing in life if given to you and learn to work harder than what they have done in the past. Learn that is not enough and go to another level further that they thought was unattainable. Average work equals average results which will never cut it if you want to be one of the best in what ever you do.

Advertisement
But they said coaching held him back. He just isn't good can't creat separation is not explosive and is too tiny. Pause

The evaluation has more to do with the mental side then whether or not he has the talent to play college level football. Because If he had Mike Harleys mental fortitude and overall mentality… Pope would still be at Miami.

Maybe there were other red flags that everyone missed while recruiting him but he has the speed you can’t teach.

Advertisement
Real chit, bro. I had a convo w/ one of my youngins 2 weeks ago w his uncle. He finally admitted after 6 yrs he f’d up blowing his opportunity at SC. Couldn’t get along w/ Helton vs. just humbling himself & do what he needed in practice & in the classroom. Relying upon being a 2x “state champ” from HS. I was proud he finally admitted that, & I told him it’s not too late to pursue that degree, at least.
Huge personal breakthrough with the young man! Good work!

The evaluation has more to do with the mental side then whether or not he has the talent to play college level football. Because If he had Mike Harleys mental fortitude and overall mentality… Pope would still be at Miami.

Maybe there were other red flags that everyone missed while recruiting him but he has the speed you can’t teach.
Idc if you run a 3.2 40 if you can't catch then get lost. Aka Wiggins.

What sucks if your career ends because of injury. He was given every opportunity and just wasn't good enough.
But doesn't that suck too? When you realize that either (a) you're not good enough at what you wanted to do and/or (b) you didn't put the effort, time in to pursue your dream and now you're at a crossroad in your life.

Advertisement
Back