Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins to enter the transfer portal

Advertisement
But they said coaching held him back. He just isn't good can't creat separation is not explosive and is too tiny. Pause
Bizare that he could not do anything with his 10.53 100 meter speed. I thought he was going to be good. Even Alabama was after him hard. Only good at staying in his lane? He should of stayed and at least got his degree at UM.

Dave Chappelle GIF
Oh man - I was showing those skits to someone this last weekend who is 38 and had somehow never seen them. So good.

Comedy Central Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Not trying to be an ***, but why do we have to “feel” for the kid?

Cmon man. There was a time in his life where most D1 schools would of chased him, if they thought they had a chance. And now, most likely, he's about to play his last season of organized football. I'm sure these last few years have been humbling for Pope. One man to another, I hope he figures it out

Advertisement
To go from UM to JSU must have been a real culture shock. I dont think JSU is even on FAMUs level. Nobody even knew anything about their football program until Deion got there. Might have gotten caught up in the hype and realized he made a big mistake going FCS. He might not be as good as his 5* ranking but im sure he could have gotten on at FIU, USF, or a school of that caliber. USF is awful. But they at least are a step up from JSU when it comes to facilities, resources, admin stuff, etc.

Advertisement
Because whatever dream this kid had of the NFL is either shattered or nearly shattered. That has to suck.

No offense, but that’s on him. It’s been well documented, ****, even Harley admitted these boys wasn’t putting in work. Getting a scholarship is a F’ing blessing on any level, whether athletically or academically. U have to put in work to make that blessing come to fruition.

I feel for athletes that lost out on their professional dreams when tragedy strikes them, not by relying upon what u did in HS & not put in the work. U can’t trick off opportunities given to u b/c that window is open for only so long. It’s incumbent on anyone who’s given that opportunity to work towards fulfilling it.

So no; I don’t “have to feel” for Pope or any other kid who didn’t put in the work in the classroom or on the field. This is y I stress to all my youngins to keep it tight both on & off the field. No one owes u a **** thing, but since u were given this opportunity, u better do the **** thing in the classroom & field b/c one or the other, if not both will come to fruition WHEN U APPLY URSELF.

No water in Jackson. From Coral Gables to that ****.

I live on the Gulf Coast. Jackson is the biggest :****: hole in Mississippi. People cant get out of that city fast enough. Highest crime. Highest poverty city per capita in the state. My wife wont drive through Jackson when she goes to visit our daughter at Ole Miss.

But they said coaching held him back. He just isn't good can't creat separation is not explosive and is too tiny. Pause
Not true. He can absolutely create seperation and is explosive enough for the likes of JSU. Is he upper level P5 level ability? No. But to say he cant hack it at JSU which probably doesnt have 1 kid on their roster outside of Travis Hunter who could make FIUs scout team, is a stretch. Popes problem is he is small and cant catch. And isnt mentally tough. WRs have to be mentally tough to survive and hes not. And of course, if you cant catch, I dont care where you go to try and play..your not going to hack it. Even at JSU.

Advertisement
Cmon man. There was a time in his life where most D1 schools would of chased him, if they thought they had a chance. And now, most likely, he's about to play his last season of organized football. I'm sure these last few years have been humbling for Pope. One man to another, I hope he figures it out

So did u have this same energy for Ermon Lane?

I live on the Gulf Coast. Jackson is the biggest :****: hole in Mississippi. People cant get out of that city fast enough. Highest crime. Highest poverty city per capita in the state. My wife wont drive through Jackson when she goes to visit our daughter at Ole Miss.

Oh I know. My daughter attended Alcorn State.

No offense, but that’s on him. It’s been well documented, ****, even Harley admitted these boys wasn’t putting in work. Getting a scholarship is a F’ing blessing on any level, whether athletically or academically. U have to put in work to make that blessing come to fruition.

I feel for athletes that lost out on their professional dreams when tragedy strikes them, not by relying upon what u did in HS & not put in the work. U can’t trick off opportunities given to u b/c that window is open for only so long. It’s incumbent on anyone who’s given that opportunity to work towards fulfilling it.

So no; I don’t “have to feel” for Pope or any other kid who didn’t put in the work in the classroom or on the field. This is y I stress to all my youngins to keep it tight both on & off the field. No one owes u a **** thing, but since u were given this opportunity, u better do the **** thing in the classroom & field b/c one or the other, if not both will come to fruition WHEN U APPLY URSELF.
Tony Robbins has entered the chat…😎

Advertisement
Back