Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins to enter the transfer portal

Advertisement
Tells me all I need to know. Dude is a senior and is likely going to an FCS school and we still gotta do the recruiting tour and program drip photo shoot. Smh
Id be ashamed to have played at Miami then ended up with a photo shoot at Jackson state.
Both of y'all just talking to talk. JSU has been a hot spot for a lot highly rated transfers since Deion has been their coach. Look at their roster.

Advertisement
Both of y'all just talking to talk. JSU has been a hot spot for a lot highly rated transfers since Deion has been their coach. Look at their roster.
A92A5D3C-AA95-4E2E-B0CB-4753CABD59D6.gif

Advertisement
If you’ve ever been in a sales position with high expectations to perform, you can understand this mindset. I’ve known guys who were good performers but talked themselves out of the job because they were so hyper focused on what they didn’t do (drops) and the imagined shadow of a manager over their shoulder. In those cases “I feel like I’m about to get fired” is debilitating, even if they were never actually about to get axed a question. You see 20 year sales vets do this to themselves, I have no trouble believing Pope or Wiggins doing it, even while the truth is that they stayed in despite all the drops.

I hope both of these young men succeed, so long as it isn’t against Miami (or doesn’t cost us, I should say). It’s very easy for us to celebrate and applaud 18 year olds when they “do the right thing” and spurn the SEC to stay local. It’s (oddly enough) much more difficult to wish them success when they don’t reach our expectations. I want people to succeed, I want them to succeed, so go get a fresh start and make something of yourselves. Everything important is still in front of you.
EXACTLY

Or maybe they were never good at catching a football. Both had lights out speed, but didn’t put the work in to become great at the next level. It’s nice thinking that it got into their heads, but even in high school, both kids dropped a lot of balls. We all hope they succeed, but that’s always about putting the time in. Personally I hope they both learn from their mistake. Everyone has a shot. Very few view that moment as a first step. Opportunities are endless…. For everyone always. I have a lot more faith in Wiggins than I do Noodles to make something of this life. He’s a harder worker and less drama. Just my two. I like them both. I really never thought Noodles would make it here. I think Wiggins will make it in life, even if he doesn’t do anything in football. His family/father is a man and raised a **** of a good one.

Advertisement
I don’t understand quitting mid season. Finish the season and maybe an injury will give you an opportunity for more tape. Maybe they just want to beat the portal rush.

I don’t understand quitting mid season. Finish the season and maybe an injury will give you an opportunity for more tape. Maybe they just want to beat the portal rush.
So, I’ve had some experience in this. The most important thing is not only finding a home, but to find the right one and be enrolled in school for the second semester. It’s a LOT to move during the Christmas break. You have to get enrolled to play spring ball. Without spring ball, you can’t realistically be a starter and no one wants to transfer to be on the bench. No coach will PROMISE you a starting roll. They’ll tell you it’s yours to lose. If you can’t compete, they’re not going to destroy a locker room for you. That and believe it or not, your current teammates will understand, because they too know it’s a business decision. Their current teammates want less drama too.

Advertisement
Id be ashamed to have played at Miami then ended up with a photo shoot at Jackson state.

I do get what you're saying, but I also don't.

The NFL dream is all but dead, at least it should be. Young man likes playing the game or he'd say to **** with it, get his degree (maybe he did) and move on to the next phase of life.

No shame in playing one last year somewhere. It doesn't matter where that is. His parents, family, and friends all get to see him out there again.

Taking a jersey off for the last time is a sad occasion. Take advantage of this situation, learn as much as you can, further your education, and have fun with no stress one last time.

D1 expectations, when you aren't living up to them can't be fun. Good luck young man.

He'll do damage there. I like it for him. Only thing is will Deion's son take the next step at QB, he's still raw and limited as a passer.
He's not raw as a passer Cane. Shedeur is having a great season, especially considering this is his first year starting. The question is will Pope get his head right and catch the passes thrown to him.

Here are Sander's numbers on the season.

CMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDINTLNGRTG

Last edited:
That's a legit QB stat line.

I didn't know Deion had a kid playing, let alone under him. ****, as a dad, he is living the dream.

Always liked the guy. No question about it, he's the most like a Miami guy FSU ever had.

Advertisement
Back