Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins to enter the transfer portal

Some quotes from Pope:

"It was a lot of trust issues,” Pope said. “I was on thin ice every time, like if I get in the game and mess up, drop a ball, you’re getting out. It’s not `You dropped a ball, it’s alright, get back in there.’ So I was on thin ice playing for Miami. Instead of just going out and playing football I was in my head a lot. I feel like everything wasn’t (the fault of) Miami, I made a few errors out there, too. But as far as me playing, I felt I was on thin ice. I wasn’t comfortable out there. I could tell I was in my head and other people saw that as well.”

"So I just feel like getting away, that’ll be a good step for me. One of my biggest fears is just being alone, being far away from home, but I also can probably focus better that way. You never know what the outcome might be being away.”

Pope says when he departed it was essentially a mutual decision - he says there was no pushback from Cane coaches asking him to stay.

You didnt even post the real excerpt that had me confused.

Pope said this dandy....

"
Then this year he was passed by on the depth chart by Key'Shawn Smith and transfer Charleston Rambo.

Pope saw the writing on the wall and made the decision to transfer.

I can’t even tell you why I did not play this year, why I did not get a snap at Miami this year - I really don’t know,” said Pope, who remains enrolled and on track to graduate before enrolling somewhere else. “I mean, I’m past that. I’m ready to find a new home, get back on my journey.”

WTF does he mean by he did not know why he aint play this year.?.
This is the type of lack of self awareness we have going on. Lol @ Trust issues...n being on thin ice...You shouldnt even played as much as you did...and you cant catch and was misranked as a 5 star recruit.

Pope need to go to an Group of 5 or FCS Air Raid type of offense that slings it around.
YESSSSSS!!! You drop the ball, YOU GET THE **** OUT!!! Thats ACCOUNTABILITY!! Thats COMPETITION! You cant get the job done, we will find someone who will! You cant handle the pressure and mental aspect of the game, then GTFO!!! WTF is wrong with these kids, this dude thinks he can drop tons of passes and still play, wait til this kid hits the real world..

How you go thru last season then cant even tell why you not playing?! Bro we got WR who setting records, catching for 200+ yards and people remember the drops like bruh tighten up.. #6 was dropping wide open passes in bowl game losing games for us, have multiple opportunities to turn games arounds and he folded EVERY time! I wish the kid luck but with this mindset I hope he gets a whole different mental world view to go along with new location.. My gawd, wtffff

I would actually recommend some military time for the kid, they might be able to help him.. A zero excuse environment or something similar.. Oh and I blame Diaz also..

Advertisement

Pope said this dandy....

"
Then this year he was passed by on the depth chart by Key'Shawn Smith and transfer Charleston Rambo.

I can’t even tell you why I did not play this year, why I did not get a snap at Miami this year - I really don’t know,” said Pope, who remains enrolled and on track to graduate before enrolling somewhere else. “I mean, I’m past that. I’m ready to find a new home, get back on my journey.”

This is the type of lack of self awareness we have going on. Lol @ Trust issues...n being on thin ice...You shouldnt even played as much as you did...and you cant catch and was misranked as a 5 star recruit.

Pope need to go to an Group of 5 or FCS Air Raid type of offense that slings it around.
It’s such a slap in the face to Manny and the coaches that kept playing him for the last two years when we were all screaming why. Drop after drop after drop this mfer still played with no consequences yet he has the nerve to say UM screwed him.

I hope Manny sees this and recognizes even if you go out of your way to be loyal to the ungrateful upper classmen they still talk trash like they’ve been wronged when they transfer anyway.

What he should have said is he’s thankful for the opportunity and I didn’t make the most of my numerous chances and maybe a change of scenery will get me back on track. I’m grateful for my time at Miami.

what-omg.gif

Pope spoke to Canesport today. Said he has already heard from Indiana, Jackson State, Virginia and Pitt. A bunch of others started following him. Feels he needs to get out of Miami and get a fresh start. Said he always felt pressure to perform or else get benched. He got inside his own head too much.

I think we forget he had 3 different WR coaches (Dugans, Stubblefield, Likens), 3 different OCs (Richt, Enos and Lashlee) and for a kid who struggled to learn the system, it was too much.
Look, If a WR can't catch the ball they won't see the field anywhere. Pope can't catch. He has shown that to be true in every game he played for us. He has a lot of work to do if he wants to continue his football career at the division 1 level.

Advertisement

Pope said this dandy....

"

Bruhh What GIF

Advertisement

Pope said this dandy....

"

Did he talk about him playing in a flag football league at Tropical Park during the season this year??? I’m guessing he left that out

Pope spoke to Canesport today. Said he has already heard from Indiana, Jackson State, Virginia and Pitt. A bunch of others started following him. Feels he needs to get out of Miami and get a fresh start. Said he always felt pressure to perform or else get benched. He got inside his own head too much.

I think we forget he had 3 different WR coaches (Dugans, Stubblefield, Likens), 3 different OCs (Richt, Enos and Lashlee) and for a kid who struggled to learn the system, it was too much.
Lol well hes choosing have a 4th OC

Advertisement
Replay of last years FSU game was on early this AM. Both played well, minus a bonehead muffed punt where Pope was trying to hard to make a play. Hate that it didn't work out here for them. Not sure if they were good enough, to be honest.

Advertisement

Pope said this dandy....

"

It seemed like Hall was saying something similar.. or I could be confused and grouping him with Pope. You coach football right? How can this kid be so unaware of why he lost playing time? Shouldn't his coaches have been hammering him for the drops? It would seem to me that his position coach and or OC should be pointing all this out during film sessions? One of the things that's really ****es me off about the Diaz culture is that players who make mistakes, even massive mistakes like allowing players to get behind them on 4th and 17 or dropping sure fire TD or first down passes, are still in the game on the next play. There's absolutely no accountability during the game.. and this makes it look like there isn't any during the week either. Do you have any thoughts on how these guys can be so unaware of why they lost playing time?

If you’ve ever been in a sales position with high expectations to perform, you can understand this mindset. I’ve known guys who were good performers but talked themselves out of the job because they were so hyper focused on what they didn’t do (drops) and the imagined shadow of a manager over their shoulder. In those cases “I feel like I’m about to get fired” is debilitating, even if they were never actually about to get axed a question. You see 20 year sales vets do this to themselves, I have no trouble believing Pope or Wiggins doing it, even while the truth is that they stayed in despite all the drops.

I hope both of these young men succeed, so long as it isn’t against Miami (or doesn’t cost us, I should say). It’s very easy for us to celebrate and applaud 18 year olds when they “do the right thing” and spurn the SEC to stay local. It’s (oddly enough) much more difficult to wish them success when they don’t reach our expectations. I want people to succeed, I want them to succeed, so go get a fresh start and make something of yourselves. Everything important is still in front of you.
THIS and Only This!

This is self aware. This is balanced. This is fair. This gives benefit of doubt. This shows appreciation. This is a controlled level of outrage. This is class. This is the truth.

U can’t leave these dudes for 2 years. U are their (some) only hope. This game is a must win.

Advertisement
Back