Mark Pope and Dee Wiggins to enter the transfer portal

Wish all these young men well, except against Miami. At the same time, they're either disingenuous or have their heads in the clouds if they didn't understand why playing time has been reduced. Really, are you that clueless?

Advertisement
Most schools would have converted him to a db after year 1, year 2 at the max. He's extremely lucky he got the chances that he did to play wr for a div 1 school for as long as he did. I only wish him good luck at his next location and hope he doesnt continue on blaming the coaches for his misfortunes.

Wish all these young men well, except against Miami. At the same time, they're either disingenuous or have their heads in the clouds if they didn't understand why playing time has been reduced. Really, are you that clueless?
It is called "denial". These kids were brought up by South Florida to believe they are 5 stars and their drops were inconsequential. Now they try to blame someone else instead of themselves. Yes, they are that clueless. Good riddance, they should have been gone a year earlier.

It seemed like Hall was saying something similar.. or I could be confused and grouping him with Pope. You coach football right? How can this kid be so unaware of why he lost playing time? Shouldn't his coaches have been hammering him for the drops? It would seem to me that his position coach and or OC should be pointing all this out during film sessions? One of the things that's really ****es me off about the Diaz culture is that players who make mistakes, even massive mistakes like allowing players to get behind them on 4th and 17 or dropping sure fire TD or first down passes, are still in the game on the next play. There's absolutely no accountability during the game.. and this makes it look like there isn't any during the week either. Do you have any thoughts on how these guys can be so unaware of why they lost playing time?
He's not unaware. Everyone and their mom knows why he got benched including Pope. He's attempting to save face because saying the truth (I got benched because I kept dropping passes and I was not putting in the work to improve like the guys who passed me on the depth chart were) would paint himself in a bad light. You don't need a coach to tell you that you dropped a pass. Anyone who's watched Miami football at all recently would tell you the guys who are getting playing time now are much better players than the guys who were getting a lot of reps last year.

Most schools would have converted him to a db after year 1, year 2 at the max. He's extremely lucky he got the chances that he did to play wr for a div 1 school for as long as he did. I only wish him good luck at his next location and hope he doesnt continue on blaming the coaches for his misfortunes.
If Miami had tried to convert Pope to DB after his freshman season, he would have hit the transfer portal immediately and everyone here would have lost their ****. It wasn't that long ago that fans were begging the staff to put "noodles" in the game. The same way everyone bashes Pope and Wiggins now, they were bashing Cager and Langham then.

Advertisement
It seemed like Hall was saying something similar.. or I could be confused and grouping him with Pope. You coach football right? How can this kid be so unaware of why he lost playing time? Shouldn't his coaches have been hammering him for the drops? It would seem to me that his position coach and or OC should be pointing all this out during film sessions? One of the things that's really ****es me off about the Diaz culture is that players who make mistakes, even massive mistakes like allowing players to get behind them on 4th and 17 or dropping sure fire TD or first down passes, are still in the game on the next play. There's absolutely no accountability during the game.. and this makes it look like there isn't any during the week either. Do you have any thoughts on how these guys can be so unaware of why they lost playing time?
He's aware. Just figured would keep getting pt...because they were previously and it didnt happen for him this year because.....we had options. There is no way you can say you dont know why you aint play and in the other hand say you felt you were on thin ice because if you drop a ball you come out if you mess up ..you come out....Well it looks like those are the 2 reasons you arent going to play my boy lol

Its all entitlement because he was labeled a 5 star and he has fans, neighborhood guys, and coaches still hyping him up....i mean Cooneys brother is still posting.."You wanna win, put noodles in"....man that Top Ramen aint winning nothing for anyone

Advertisement
Ok Karen.
Lmaooooo you started the complaining then called me a Karen? That rich

Haircut Karen GIF by moodman

He's not unaware. Everyone and their mom knows why he got benched including Pope. He's attempting to save face because saying the truth (I got benched because I kept dropping passes and I was not putting in the work to improve like the guys who passed me on the depth chart were) would paint himself in a bad light. You don't need a coach to tell you that you dropped a pass. Anyone who's watched Miami football at all recently would tell you the guys who are getting playing time now are much better players than the guys who were getting a lot of reps last year.
Lol I didn't even consider that. I woulda just kept my mouth shut and finished out the season.. transfer after that. Leaving now makes it seem like he's mad and jaded so he's leaving to spite the team. It's confusing to an old guy.

He's aware. Just figured would keep getting pt...because they were previously and it didnt happen for him this year because.....we had options. There is no way you can say you dont know why you aint play and in the other hand say you felt you were on thin ice because if you drop a ball you come out if you mess up ..you come out....Well it looks like those are the 2 reasons you arent going to play my boy lol

Its all entitlement because he was labeled a 5 star and he has fans, neighborhood guys, and coaches still hyping him up....i mean Cooneys brother is still posting.."You wanna win, put noodles in"....man that Top Ramen aint winning nothing for anyone
Someone might just want to tell him it's better to not say anything sometimes. It's really weird that he would say ' you drop a ball you come out' because as far as I can tell that never happened to either him or wiggins. Same thing with several of the players on defense.

Advertisement
I just hope neither of them have to catch a cab or a train or Uber on the way to the portal cause we all know how they are at catching things..

If Miami had tried to convert Pope to DB after his freshman season, he would have hit the transfer portal immediately and everyone here would have lost their ****. It wasn't that long ago that fans were begging the staff to put "noodles" in the game. The same way everyone bashes Pope and Wiggins now, they were bashing Cager and Langham then.
To be fair Pope and Wiggins were the worst outside WR pair I’ve ever seen start at Miami. And everyone was right, Keyshawn should’ve started last year,

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back