Mark Pope’s dismissal from JSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t see any discussion on this, but saw this clip on my Twitter TL. Deion absolutely violated Pope the way he kicked him off the team. I know Deion isn’t the most popular guy around these parts right now, but if he(and the other players) decided to get rid of Pope like this, just imagine how toxic our lockerroom was.

Hate to say it, but all these players transferring out is probably a good thing.

Maybe the most ****ed up thing I've seen a coach do. If Pope did anything THAT bad, Deion would've kicked him off the team immediately and not had a vote. He probably got caught smoking weed or something else bad, but minor.

He clearly embarrassed the **** out of this kid for views on his stupid show. This is classic Deion, he's an absolute narcissist sociopath. I hope recruits see this and realize how big of a piece of **** he is.

Advertisement
Manipulating a team is what coaches do. He manipulated his team towards a first step in buy-in. A lot of people don't understand the inner workings of a locker room.

Manipulate? I guess you can use that word but I like to think more so a good coach gets mutual respect between the staff and players and that causes the buy in, not trickery. Sure some antics go on but you clearly do not understand the inner workings of a reality TV show and how set up certain scenarios are. This was one of them.

And for the people saying "if mario did this the tone would be different" now Mario may cast a team vote but it would NEVER be put on film. **** we still do not even know what happened to Citizen lol the whole "come pick up your kids" was in response to a question from a reporter asking about upset parents and his response was along the lines of if they are not happy then can come get them. Completely different that Deon bringing a camera into that room knowing he was about to kick pope off the team with a fake spectacle of a vote.

If there was no video there would be no problem. Pope's team mates said its a gots to go situation. Keep family matters in the the family. I hope the punishment fit the crime. Also sounds like it was the third time.

Well there’s people that believe in him and his message and can’t see the forest for the trees. Some of their eyes were opened with the whole Jsu thing. But there’s folks who don’t realize it’s all an act.

I grew up a huge Deon fan and I knew a long time ago what he was all about. He’s all about self promotion and Deon. That’s never changed, no matter how much he says it’s about the “ lord”.
I get coaches are always trying to move up the ladder, but that whole HBCU mission of his lasted what barely a year. It was all hot air.

Anybody know if he plans on continuing the reality show schlock at Colorado? I'd say they're nuts if they allow it but I think they were so desperate that they probably agreed to any form of contractual demands he'd make about this stuff. The fact that his first team meeting/scripted scene there was filmed and immediately leaked is probably another sign.

Advertisement
Behold the only coach in the entire country who could get away with this.

But yeah hopefully pope can get his head on straight and use that Miami degree to parlay his way to a career

Anybody know if he plans on continuing the reality show schlock at Colorado? I'd say they're nuts if they allow it but I think they were so desperate that they probably agreed to any form of contractual demands he'd make about this stuff. The fact that his first team meeting/scripted scene there was filmed and immediately leaked is probably another sign.
You just don’t like LVMH admit it.

Uh? Mario told the parents to come pick your son up at a conference.
Did Mario have it video taped for public distribution and point out the kid he was having picked up?

If not...

200.gif

If there was no video there would be no problem. Pope's team mates said its a gots to go situation. Keep family matters in the the family. I hope the punishment fit the crime. Also sounds like it was the third time.
This.

Advertisement
There are so many enables on this site.

Pope is a 23 year old grown man. He knew what he signed up for when he decided to enter Deions program. Pope knew when he entered the program there would be cameras documenting everything and he still decided to act in a way to get himself kicked off a team.

For those who are going to say Pope didn’t know a documentary would be filmed when he signed up.

1. Deion has had a documentary filmed every year while at JSU

2. Pope would have had to sign a release form.

In terms of manipulating the players into deciding what he (Deion) wanted….every single coach does this. Jimmy Johnson legit bragged about doing this in his memoir.

Btw if anyone interprets this as me being a Deion Stan, let me unequivocally say **** Deion. He’s a self centered, self promoting con man. **** him and FSU

Last edited:
You could have done all of that song and dance without then pointing out the player. He could have talked to Mark before the meeting and let him know the team would make the decision. All he would have had to say was ok you heard the decision you’re out after this meeting. No pointing no get up and get out. That part isn’t about learning consequences, it’s just about humiliating a person.
Love your approach

Uh? Mario told the parents to come pick your son up at a conference.
That was anonymous.. didn't call out a kid specifically. He was asked a question about parents who complain about their kid's playing time and he said if the parents weren't happy with the kids playing time they could come pick up their kids.

Basically said it would all be handled internally. Opposite of what Deion did here.

I don't have a problem with Deion holding a vote or kicking pope off the team.

It was the public manner in which he publicly humiliated him. Even if it wasn't on camera it wouldn't be right but putting it on tape makes it much worse.

Hold the vote.

Then tell Pope in private.

Context, exactly. It was a response to being asked about players whiny parents *****ing about their kids PT. He didn't name anyone, only that if whoever wasn't happy they could come pick them up.
Isn't it interesting how our "supposed fans" take every opportunity to put on a pedestal (and excuse miscreant behavior) of other teams/coaches and Krahpp on our teams/coaches?
troll GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
There are so many enables on this site.

Pope is a 23 year old grown man. He knew what he signed up for when he decided to enter Deions program. Pope knew when he entered the program there would be cameras documenting everything and he still decided to act in a way to get himself kicked off a team.

For those who are going to say Pope didn’t know a documentary would be filmed when he signed up.

1. Deion has had a documentary filmed every year while at JSU

2. Pope would have had to sign a release form.

In terms of manipulating the players into deciding what he (Deion) wanted….every single coach does this. Jimmy Johnson legit bragged about doing this in his memoir.
toy-story-woody.gif

Advertisement
Remember reading his autobiography a while back and in there he said (paraphrasing). Primetime was created in his dorm room at FSU. Primetime would be how he made his money and took care of his mother and Deion would be more of the guy he really is around close family and friends. Really no wonder why now all things he do around the camera has Prime attached to it. Everything he does is for show and his brand.

76fk08.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back