Mark-Antony Richards

Advertisement
He isn’t coming. He wants to be a RB even tho his ceiling is higher elsewhere that’s what he is set on. Previous offensive staff didn’t see him there and I don’t think the current likes him there either. Go get jalen Mitchell if we want to take another RB alongside Martin.

My boy met AR after the bowl game, and supposedly AR said that MAR wasn’t coming. Don’t know how much truth in it, but I wouldn’t doubt it
I'd say it's pretty accurate at this point.

I mentioned 6 months ago that MAR wants to be the next Percy Harvin and Dan Mullen is absolutely feeding his ego with that idea. More importantly, he has a bit of the Harvin "diva" mentality - wants to feel special by being made a priority and DOES NOT want to sit in the shadow of his brother's legacy. Miami can't/won't promise him what he's looking for and that's the main reason we've fallen to a distant third.

I'd love to have MAR in the class, but I have no idea how far Diaz would be willing to go (lie) to make him believe we'll let him play wherever he wants, whenever he wants - that's just not good business for the culture we're trying to build.

He isn’t coming. He wants to be a RB even tho his ceiling is higher elsewhere that’s what he is set on. Previous offensive staff didn’t see him there and I don’t think the current likes him there either. Go get jalen Mitchell if we want to take another RB alongside Martin.

I'm pretty much on board with getting Jalen Mitchell in this class. That is a "nothing to lose" offer if you ask me - decent prospect with good size and he absolutely wants to be a Cane. On top of that, he would help solidify our chances of landing Brothers and Tennison out of Rockledge.

Advertisement
I'm pretty much on board with getting Jalen Mitchell in this class. That is a "nothing to lose" offer if you ask me - decent prospect with good size and he absolutely wants to be a Cane. On top of that, he would help solidify our chances of landing Brothers and Tennison out of Rockledge.
I like the way ya think. Chess not checkers

MAR has a bit of the Harvin "diva" mentality - wants to feel special by being made a priority.

My favorite thing about AR82: He was an OG. I believe the term would be "REAL" in today's world.

I'll welcome any family of his.. but it doesn't sound like they have the same bad intentions outlook.

I don't get why we don't start fresh with him with the new offensive staff? It was pretty obvious the reason he wasn't locked in with us was because our pathetic offense and our staff wanting him to play defense. I would led Enos and Hickson go after him but that's just me. Maybe it's too late, maybe it's not. There's a reason he hasn't signed or is even committed to a school.

Advertisement
I don't get why we don't start fresh with him with the new offensive staff? It was pretty obvious the reason he wasn't locked in with us was because our pathetic offense and our staff wanting him to play defense. I would led Enos and Hickson go after him but that's just me. Maybe it's too late, maybe it's not. There's a reason he hasn't signed or is even committed to a school.
Maybe the just dont want him at running back?? lol Thats literally what it comes down to. Other people are saying he can play running back at their programs and we are telling him db (which is what he should be)

We don't really need a RB with Asa transferring in, especially if he gets a waiver.

I think Richards could be a nice weapon in Enos' offense, he's a talented piece. Not sure he is a RB though.

Advertisement
Richt was recruiting him at rb

Richt was recruiting him at rb
After recruiting for defense, then for both sides, then for offense. Honestly can’t recall if he was recruited for specifically running back afterwards but he never recruited as only a RB to my recollection

Advertisement
MAR is a Paris Campbell type player. I don’t think he a traditional running back. Find a way to get him the ball. His best position to succeed in college and pro would be safety imo. But hey if the kid wants to play RB then go ahead and go to AUB. I don’t even think he fits what UF wants from it’s RBs

Yeah I dont care about him if he doesn't want to be DB as he would be like 5th or 6th at RB next season we are freaking loaded there.

Advertisement
Back