Mario pros and cons revisited

That first quarter could have let any of the past twenty years teams to immediately pack it in and get blown up…. I.e Clemson games come to mind or even FSU last year

This team believes and we have fuggin OC and a DC that are legit

Dawson was killing them all game long… Guidry was given a short stick pretty much having to be down 14… then toss in THREE startinf Dline players out for pretty much 75% of the game

Unreal resolve so proud of those boys and the coaches

Advertisement
We always hear the things Mario lacks or doesn’t do well. Heres some examples.

1. No play calling experience or scheme
2. X / O guru
3. In game coaching
4. Qb development / offense issues

Yet we forget about the things he does bring here. When he got the job I mentioned all those negatives but I also mentioned the positives and those intrigued me. Here’s the examples.

1. We’ll be physical and much tougher
2. He’ll acquire talent and build a talented roster
3. Most importantly he’ll build up the trenches and will put a focus on the OL.
4. Build a culture

We tend to focus on all the negatives but having a coach is a lot like finding the perfect woman, it doesn’t exist. We’re already seeing his finger prints being put all over this team. Today we played a top 25 Sec team and looked like the more physical team. He’s completely rebuilt the OL in one year and stacked talent / depth that we haven’t had in years.

Football is and will always be dictated by the trenches and our coach specializes in the trenches. So the OC’s will come and go but the one consistent here will be quality OL play. That alone is just as big as say having a X / O guru like Sarkasian or Heupel.

Tonight was Mario’s biggest win and was a much needed sign to fans / recruits that things are changing and he does in fact have a plan. This is how you sell a program, not cute quotes , slogans or talk game. The proof is in substance.

As I‘ve been saying “ things just feel different with this team “ and i’m even more confident of that tonight. Teams in the past would’ve packed up camp after multiple power shots to the dome. But there was resolve , mental toughness and determination I haven’t seen in years.

Great win.

Well said, but most importantly, Mario is a leader.

You can never underestimate that. He is man that Carrie’s himself in a way that commands respect, even in adverse situations.

When you have that, it makes it much easier to overcome his weaknesses.

His floor is a Richt at Georgia level coach. If he keeps making good hires, he will have a very high ceiling. National championship level.

You heard Mario during his interview in between quarters. He said WE’RE BUILT FOR THIS. WE JUST GOTTA GO
I posted back in 2018 guys cared more about what came with playing football here than actually playing ball. It was a fight out the locker rom to go party or hit the club. No matter if they had gotten drug. But in Athens kids were breaking down film with each other after a blowout win. Culture matters and so does caring about the game and the program you represent. Miami won’t be back until they have that and playing with an edge like the past. It won’t happen over night but something has definitely started changing.

Well said, but most importantly, Mario is a leader.

You can never underestimate that. He is man that Carrie’s himself in a way that commands respect, even in adverse situations.

When you have that, it makes it much easier to overcome his weaknesses.

His floor is a Richt at Georgia level coach. If he keeps making good hires, he will have a very high ceiling. National championship level.
Accountability.

Advertisement

2. X / O guru
3. In game coaching

Yet we forget about the things he does bring here. When he got the job I mentioned all those negatives but I also mentioned the positives and those intrigued me. Here’s the examples.

4. Build a culture

We tend to focus on all the negatives but having a coach is a lot like finding the perfect woman, it doesn’t exist. We’re already seeing his finger prints being put all over this team. Today we played a top 25 Sec team and looked like the more physical team. He’s completely rebuilt the OL in one year and stacked talent / depth that we haven’t had in years.

Football is and will always be dictated by the trenches and our coach specializes in the trenches. So the OC’s will come and go but the one consistent here will be quality OL play. That alone is just as big as say having a X / O guru like Sarkasian or Heupel.

Tonight was Mario’s biggest win and was a much needed sign to fans / recruits that things are changing and he does in fact have a plan. This is how you sell a program, not cute quotes , slogans or talk game. The proof is in substance.

As I‘ve been saying “ things just feel different with this team “ and i’m even more confident of that tonight. Teams in the past would’ve packed up camp after multiple power shots to the dome. But there was resolve , mental toughness and determination I haven’t seen in years.

Great win.
I think Mario knew what was on the line with this game

"we're built for this" when he said that, I knew we were winning.

You are right. they are suppose have a strength in the trenches and we bullied them. our true fresh made some mistakes but other than that safety no one was consistent for them.
Mental toughness is just as important as physical toughness. The guys that returned from last year was humbled , the guys who wasn’t aren’t here anymore

He may actually be a changed man..

Thought he was way to sudden.. Didn’t think it was possible to find a OC that could marry what he likes with what the fans want..

He did it..

And that OL he built, makes everything possible..
TVD might not see a more talented DLine the rest of the year, and he could’ve taken a nap in that pocket on most throws. I like what I’m seeing

Advertisement

2. X / O guru
3. In game coaching

4. Build a culture

Great win.

Excited Ric Flair GIF

2. X / O guru
3. In game coaching

4. Build a culture

Great win.
The bolded was such a beautiful thing to see. Past teams would have laid down after the blocked punt and then going down 10-0. Past teams would have gone done 17-0 within the next few minutes.

However, despite the sloppiness, they pulled their heads out of their asses, put their heads down, and punched back. Not only did they punch back, they kept punching back. Then hit the haymaker with the kickoff return.

What a game. It’s been a long time but Mario just showed us a window into the future and it’s very bright.

Oh and @JHallCanes you’re right, Guidry is fuccin fuccin

I was at the game and didn’t see what happened to Deen, Messidor, and Fletcher? Did they just limp off the field? Any ideas what’s what yet

Advertisement
Advertisement

2. X / O guru
3. In game coaching

4. Build a culture

Great win.
Couldn't agree more. This feels like a different type of 2-0. GO CANES

Advertisement
Back