Mario pros and cons revisited

👑

IMG_0613.jpeg

Advertisement
This team doesn't flinch at all and we were definitely the more physical team. Plus wild to put up 48pts on a top 25 SEC team

Advertisement
Agreed on 99 percent. But I will say it appears that his coordinators are free to call their game and that is a testament to Mario growing as a CEO coach.
That last TD pass? That probably doesn’t happen in previous years, either at Miami or at Oregon. That was step on their throat mentality, and not run out the game mentality.

Love what I’m seeing out of Mario v2.0
Excellent point. Most coaches would play it conservatively and try to run the clock out, which could have been disastrous the way A&M was moving the ball. The play call and execution on the long TD to George was a thing of beauty.

We always hear the things Mario lacks or doesn’t do well. Heres some examples.

1. No play calling experience or scheme
2. X / O guru
3. In game coaching
4. Qb development / offense issues
For me, he fixed those issues by hiring innovative coordinators. I'm was in wait and see mode because he went against the grain. And, majority of us believe the offense would be major improvement from his previous offenses if he didn't interfere with the OC and just focus on improving the OL and the power game.

Right now, everyone should be pleased with offense.

With that being said, we could had this offense last year. However, last year results need to happen for him make changes. Therefore, everything happens for a reason.

Mario got out of the way on game day and let his coordinators coach. That’s all I want. Save that cafecito energy for recruiting big guy and leave the game plan to Dawson and Guidry.
He does. Late in the game in the redzone Mario was asking Guidry if he wanted to take a timeout and Guidry made the right call and was confident in his play call.

Advertisement
Agreed on 99 percent. But I will say it appears that his coordinators are free to call their game and that is a testament to Mario growing as a CEO coach.
That last TD pass? That probably doesn’t happen in previous years, either at Miami or at Oregon. That was step on their throat mentality, and not run out the game mentality.

THIS determines weather we truly can be “BACK“ I feel Mario lacks that old school Jimmy Johnson current DABO and Kirby Smart mindset of STOP US FROM SCORING‼️

Advertisement

Yeah. There was one play deep in the 4th, i believe, where he was trying to get Guidrys attention about how he would go about the next down and Guidry was so locked in that he was tuning Mario tf out 🤣🤣

I noticed Mario accepting coach's decision but could also see the anxiety 😬 😅. Proud of Mo Cristo... Boy growing up on us. 🙄😩

I reviewed their film against Miami (OH) and actually said to myself, "I think they're actually good this year."

You could see all the things that happened today against a much better team in the film last week. You just needed to see how they handled adversity.

They handled it better than just about any Canes team of the past ten years.

I reviewed their film against Miami (OH) and actually said to myself, "I think they're actually good this year."

You could see all the things that happened today against a much better team in the film last week. You just needed to see how they handled adversity.

They handled it better than just about any Canes team of the past ten twenty years.

FIFY

Advertisement
Not gonna excuse his past but it feels like when he can 100% trust his coordinators he lets them cook. Every time i hear him talk about dawson and guidry it feels genuine

**** yes. I knew after the offense responded with X's big play that we weren't going to lay down. After X's second big play I knew we were going to win. After taking the lead I knew we were going to punish them.

Looking forward to seeing how this team keeps getting better!

They handled it better than just about any Canes team of the past ten years.
You are 💯 right
They are actually good at football
They block
They tackle
They catch

Let’s continue to clean up penalties and self destructive plays and this team can compete w anyone on the schedule

This team is built differently than past teams

Advertisement
Back