Mario pros and cons revisited

I see alot to be excited about. I will reserve my trash talking until after we beat down the likes of Clemson and FSU. Clemson is down, we need to keep those punks there. FSU and UNC will be our toughest tests this year.

Advertisement
UNC D line looks pretty good.
Is UNC any good outside of Drake Maye? I just pulled up the all-ACC team. Outside of him, the WR [that got eligibility denied, Tez Walker] and their LB Cedric Gray they have no one else on the list.

Game 1, the coordinators were coaching up the players during breaks, and Mario was like "oh ****, what do I do?" Lol it felt like last year he had to be the HC and coach up players on the field, especially offense cause Gattis was in the booth most of the time.

Game 2, it was even more evident that he just let Dawgson and Gawdry cook. Mario was working the **** out of the refs, which fell on deaf ears cause sEc. And he gave a 4th quarter interview of a lifetime. And I'm sure he said/yelled something similar to the boys to feed them more belief/motivation.

it would've been SO EASY for him to revert back to being in control after being down big. But he stayed the path.

Love him.
Love these coordinators.
Love this staff.

Players seem to feel the same.

Advertisement
I posted back in 2018 guys cared more about what came with playing football here than actually playing ball. It was a fight out the locker rom to go party or hit the club. No matter if they had gotten drug. But in Athens kids were breaking down film with each other after a blowout win. Culture matters and so does caring about the game and the program you represent. Miami won’t be back until they have that and playing with an edge like the past. It won’t happen over night but something has definitely started changing.
Like The Wolf said in Pulp Fiction, “let’s not go sucking each other’s ****s just yet”

But watching/listening to the players’ interviews after the game and talking about picking each other up (after negative plays) and the culture changing in a positive direction … you can’t help but being optimistic and hopeful for the future. Hoping we can continue in that direction!

Is UNC any good outside of Drake Maye? I just pulled up the all-ACC team. Outside of him, the WR [that got eligibility denied, Tez Walker] and their LB Cedric Gray they have no one else on the list.
Gaynor
dave chapelle chapelle's show GIF

He does. Late in the game in the redzone Mario was asking Guidry if he wanted to take a timeout and Guidry made the right call and was confident in his play call.
I was watching this on TV!!! Mario had his headset off and everything! Guidry didn’t even budge!!! He was so locked in Mario had to just step back!!! I love to see Alpha personalities working together!!! None of that passive crap!!

Advertisement
Hiring the right people is both the hardest and the most important job a leader does
I've heard a lot about Mario as a poor game day coach and that may be true.

But MC has shown me intelligence, humility and flexibility in getting rid of the failed allstar staff he put together last year, getting younger guys whose philosophies may not perfectly reflect his own and giving his coordinators the space to do what they do.

If so and added to his doubtless recruiting prowess, we may have struck gold with Mario. More than many here think.

I was watching this on TV!!! Mario had his headset off and everything! Guidry didn’t even budge!!! He was so locked in Mario had to just step back!!! I love to see Alpha personalities working together!!! None of that passive crap!!
Anyone got clips of this? I was at the game. Would love to see this.

Yep that kills any narrative that Mario is holding either coordinator back.

See exhibit A below:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back