Mario on Joe Rose talking TAMU Game

TVD has been off all season but a couple of quarters.... time for him step and lead with passion...
... was disappointed in his wimpy cutting out to the sidelines when we needed that 3rd down desperately.. should have bulled that DB down with his weight and size
I was thinking the same exact thing as he ran out of bounds. Could have really helped the team. He knew he didn’t have a 1st and still ran out of bounds.

Advertisement
Did I hear him say, “I should have hired Ken Dorsey, and I am going to make our coaches watch the Bills tonight”

We played a scrimmage game vs BC. A true freshman making his first game appearance vs SoMiss. A game manager on an average team vs atm. Let’s see how things are vs UNC. I’m guessing will need to score more than 18 points to win that game.
I’m judging the defense and running game based on aTm not the two scrimmages. Their trenches on both sides of the ball are stacked with talent.

We’ve got something to work with if we figure out the other stuff.

Advertisement
Yes it F-ing is....especially when it's the Highest payed staff in UM History.
lol

This is a jaded-*** tired old man take with zero perspective.

Jimbo has been recruiting at an elite level there for almost 5 years. Has had his systems and players in place for years. Has one of the best institutions and fanbases supporing him and we have a staff that's been here a matter of months. And we almost pulled off beating them when nothing bounced our way. Manny would have been down by 28 at the half.

This team will be better this year than its been in long time and Mario hasn't even brought in a class of his own yet. The future is bright as ****, some fans just can't seem to see through their ****** colored lenses

Hope somebody in his press conference asks him again about kicking the FG’s. I hope after watching the film he knows he made a mistake
I personally would not have kicked the FGs especially the one down 17 to 6. However, I get the logic behind it which is to get it to a 1 possession game which they did. Coacheds typically do not want to start chasing points too early because if you don't get the TD then you are not in the position to try and tie/win it at the end. Just did not execute on the final drive. Who knows what happens if Brashard remembers to catch the ball with his hands and not his facemask.

Did he really succeed? Have you ever looked at his production there?
Succeeded in the sense that they scored a lot of points last year. In fact, their per game scoring average was very similar to ours, just with a more balanced offense.

Really seems like Rambo and Harley did a lot more last year than given credit for. Totally bailed out the offensive production.
why didnt they bail out king? was it maybe that the scheme wasn't fit to king but def fit TVD?

Advertisement
lol

This is a jaded-*** tired old man take with zero perspective.

Jimbo has been recruiting at an elite level there for almost 5 years. Has had his systems and players in place for years. Has one of the best institutions and fanbases supporing him and we have a staff that's been here a matter of months. And we almost pulled off beating them when nothing bounced our way. Manny would have been down by 28 at the half.

This team will be better this year than its been in long time and Mario hasn't even brought in a class of his own yet. The future is bright as ****, some fans just can't seem to see through their ****** colored lenses
nothing bounced our way? the ****? they were down like 5 or 6 players including a starter in the secondary. they lost two more guys in game to targeting calls which gave us first downs and 15 yards. they threw a new QB in there the week of the game w no time to really prep or get warm. we had a lot go our way outside of the muffed punt and the field goals. we could have and should have taken advantage of what was a weak secondary. we didnt give ourselves a chance to score 6 in the red zone.

I was thinking at the very least they needed to give situational instructions there but I doubt it because that means he didn’t listen and they still sent him back out there for the following punt returns.
I agree,

Advertisement
Beyond just pure inconsistencies with hands and focus… the receivers are running routes that are predicated on pre-snap and post snap reads based on alignment. They’re constantly thinking about the depth of the route, timing of the route, the speed at which they run it and being in rhythm with QB.

That is pro-style and not something they do in high school, 7v7, or in Lashlee’s system. It’s complicated. Makes you think about everything else and then try to catch it.
And if these guys aren't running the right route at the right timing the QB is gonna look like crap. Not to let TVD completely off the hook but it all has to work together.

King was what? 5'8"?? TVD could actually SEE the field and the receivers.
everyone here said king doesn't run the RPO and we forced him into it. it was until we had to put TVD in there when the offense took off like wildfire bc TVD can run it. king never ran the system at Houston. square peg round hole doesn't work no matter the OC. adjust to the players strengths.

Advertisement
For the WR coaches here, what do you think they are doing wrong?

Several drops seemed to be lack of concentration and focus with the ball slipping off open receivers.

They need to improve how they practice to improve thier skills. Doing the same sub-par technique x100 just ingrains it even more.
I watched that replay of B smith’s dropped pass several times. It looked like he was trying to find the ball. Idk if they’re not used to the lights or the helmet or what. But he clearly couldn’t see the ball coming and hence the hit to the face mask.
You couldn’t ask for anything more at that time. Less than a minute and the receiver was where he supposed to be passed the sticks for first down. Even if he got tackled right away it’s a first down and the clock stops.
The placement of the ball couldn’t have been better with a receiver running from left to right. Literally a sniper’s shot between the eyes only way you don’t catch that is if you weren’t looking or couldn’t find the ball.

For those who don’t have time to listen, Mario is clearly unhappy with our WR’s. Said he expects everyone to stay after practice and catch 100 balls. I’m pretty sure Parrish will be doing this as well.
He was also unhappy with TS’s terrible decision on the punt.
And he made a comment that pouting and negotiating doesn’t earn playing time. I maybe wrong but I assume that is about Tae Williams.

No WR jobs will be safe this off season but for Restrepo because he will continue to outwork and out perform everyone.
They need to work on route running. Learn how to create separation and get their timing with TVD.

They have 2 weeks until ACC play.

I don’t get the desire to defend TVD.

He has been bad in so many ways.

Talking about someone costing the game is the wrong analysis.

TVDs performance was as bad or worse as the WR performance. QB, WR, PR, and K were the weakest positions on the field.

So many trying to bash Gattis and WRs while defending TVD. It’s weird.
I'll tell you why. Most fans don't understand football. They see what the camera shows them which is a pass that's 5 yards off target. What they don't see is the WR not running a crisp route or the correct route. TVD threw several passes where the WR wasn't were he thought they would be. He throws with anticipation. Go back and look at his throws. He throws the ball before the WR makes his cut. He's doing it less this year and holding the ball because the timing and trust are not there.

Gattis isn't helping him with these long developing routes where are WRs are not getting open. So, TVD can't get into a rhythm.

TVD was 21/41. He made a few bad passes. Every QB does, but it wasn't as many as people are blaming him for. If the WRs run correct routes and he completes 3 more passes and then catch 3 more balls of the 6 or 7 drops, then he's 27/41 66% and likely throwing over 300 yards.

Also, the TVD blame game is BS. We had 4 redzone trips. We were moving the ball. Did TVD miss any redzone passes? No. We had drops in the few times that we did pass the ball in the redzone.

This is why I defend TVD. You'll act like he missed a bunch of TD throws. No body was open for TD throws except the Parrish drop. We didn't even try to throw the ball into the endzone when we got into the redzone down 17-3 inside the 10. So, if we moved the ball into the redzone and didn't throw it when we got there, how is that TVD's fault?

People need to look at the facts, not just someone to blame. If you want to blame anyone, blame Mario and Gattis. They control the play calling. I mean ****, you have a guy that you publically say he's the best QB, but don't even pass down 17-3 inside the 10 yard line. Come on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back