Mario on Joe Rose talking TAMU Game

Advertisement
I don’t see any fire with TVD. He looks disinterested most of the time. Jake has less of an arm but is definitely the gamer we need.
I don't think it is a lack of interest, I think he just is too uncomfortable with the new offense. If Gattis isn't going to change things to help his QB play to his strengths then I think you need to see if Garcia can do better.

I don't think it is fair to say TVD isn't interested though. This is his life lol. He is a kid doing his best

I get all the Gattis complaints, but he succeeded at Michigan with what appeared to be less talent at WR and QB.
So are our players dumber than the Michigan players who grasped his offense? Of course it took some time at Michigan for it all to come together and maybe that is the same story here but we might just waste a season of TVD trying to get this right.
That's a possibility. Either that or he quickly adds some passing concepts TVD is accustomed to.

Advertisement
That's a possibility. Either that or he quickly adds some passing concepts TVD is accustomed to.
Yeah but even last year it took TVD until the second half of most games he played to start throwing darts. He often times looked uncomfortable and made inaccurate throws early. He then would rifle that btch into a tight window and we'd forget about it in the second half, but when I watched games with non-canes fans they were always astounded in the first half that this was the guy I was saying was a real weapon for us.

I thought a summer of being the guy would help with that, and maybe it would have if it was the same OC, same weapons, and same offense, but its drastically different and he has been worse than he was last year. Understandable why he's been worse, but we also need to acknowledge that he had some of these red flags last year too.

He was inconsistent most games but ultimately overcame the shortcomings by flashing brilliance and since we didn't have anything else going for us we got excited about the hope of a promising QB. A lone brightspot in an otherwise disappointing season.

in front of 100k oposing fans, we Dominated the line of scrimage on both sides, D balled out, had 27 first downs, average 5.5yds a carry, threw it 41 times with 7 drops... and our all world QB played like ****.

We play them another 10 times, we win every one. I'm juiced about our future.
Agreed. We still had the ball last to win the game. This isn’t on the coaches

Im going to get a Michigan guy in here for y’all to debunk this. When it was 100% all him he didn’t succeed. When harbough stepped in he won the Broyles
The interesting part of this argument is that Michigan fans had been complaining about the offense under Harbaugh for years lol. I’m an alum, so I was literally in grad school there for part of this tenure and the arguments that happened. So it’s really hard for me to take that 100% at face value, though I absolutely see that Gattis has his flaws.

Advertisement
5 clear out routes schemed open a game and then every other pass play dead on arrival is not the way to win games. A Gattis pass play is about as effective as a lashlee run play so far. Let’s hope it changes or it’s gonna be a long year

Michigan had a monster OL and 3 talented backs. Better than our backs. Their receivers were the same or better probably better. Andrel Anthony I think was a true freshman getting burn and producing. Ronnie bell was their top dog and got hurt game 1. But make no mistake. Michigan pounded the rock and went play action. And their defense gave them short fields often

Advertisement
For the WR coaches here, what do you think they are doing wrong?

Several drops seemed to be lack of concentration and focus with the ball slipping off open receivers.

They need to improve how they practice to improve thier skills. Doing the same sub-par technique x100 just ingrains it even more.
I wouldn’t mind seeing a dedicated WRs coach, instead of Gattis combining OC and WR coach duties.

I get all the Gattis complaints, but he succeeded at Michigan with what appeared to be less talent at WR and QB.
So are our players dumber than the Michigan players who grasped his offense? Of course it took some time at Michigan for it all to come together and maybe that is the same story here but we might just waste a season of TVD trying to get this right.

Did he really succeed? Have you ever looked at his production there?

Here are the numbers to support that.

Advertisement
Yeah but even last year it took TVD until the second half of most games he played to start throwing darts. He often times looked uncomfortable and made inaccurate throws early. He then would rifle that btch into a tight window and we'd forget about it in the second half, but when I watched games with non-canes fans they were always astounded in the first half that this was the guy I was saying was a real weapon for us.

I thought a summer of being the guy would help with that, and maybe it would have if it was the same OC, same weapons, and same offense, but its drastically different and he has been worse than he was last year. Understandable bwhy he's been worse, but we also need to acknowledge that he had some of these red flags last year too.

He was inconsistent most games but ultimately overcame the shortcomings by flashing brilliance and since we didn't have anything else going for us we got excited about the hope of a promising QB. A lone brightspot in an otherwise disappointing season.
Unlike some, I’m not one to give up on TVD. The impatient forget too quickly how good he is. Anyone with half a brain knew this was not going to be like Ericsson took over for JJ. This is more than a one year build.

In many respects you could say we’ve ahead of schedule when you consider where we were on defense, the running game, and the lines in general. Still it was difficult to watch when there was a win, that most didn’t expect to be there, ready for the taking, and we lose the way we did.

On to next week.

For the WR coaches here, what do you think they are doing wrong?

Several drops seemed to be lack of concentration and focus with the ball slipping off open receivers.

They need to improve how they practice to improve thier skills. Doing the same sub-par technique x100 just ingrains it even more.
They can block on screens or downfield either. Sorry looking bunch.

In many respects you could say we’ve ahead of schedule when you consider where we were on d
We played a scrimmage game vs BC. A true freshman making his first game appearance vs SoMiss. A game manager on an average team vs atm. Let’s see how things are vs UNC. I’m guessing will need to score more than 18 points to win that game.

Advertisement
Back