Mario on Joe Rose talking TAMU Game

Advertisement
in front of 100k oposing fans, we Dominated the line of scrimage on both sides, D balled out, had 27 first downs, average 5.5yds a carry, threw it 41 times with 7 drops... and our all world QB played like ****.

We play them another 10 times, we win every one. I'm juiced about our future.

For those who don’t have time to listen, Mario is clearly unhappy with our WR’s. Said he expects everyone to stay after practice and catch 100 balls. I’m pretty sure Parrish will be doing this as well.
He was also unhappy with TS’s terrible decision on the punt.
And he made a comment that pouting and negotiating doesn’t earn playing time. I maybe wrong but I assume that is about Tae Williams.

No WR jobs will be safe this off season but for Restrepo because he will continue to outwork and out perform everyone.

For those who don’t have time to listen, Mario is clearly unhappy with our WR’s. Said he expects everyone to stay after practice and catch 100 balls. I’m pretty sure Parrish will be doing this as well.
And he made a comment that pouting and negotiating doesn’t earn playing time. I maybe wrong but I assume that is about Tae Williams.

No WR jobs will be safe this off season but for Restrepo because he will continue to outwork and out perform everyone.
For the WR coaches here, what do you think they are doing wrong?

Several drops seemed to be lack of concentration and focus with the ball slipping off open receivers.

They need to improve how they practice to improve thier skills. Doing the same sub-par technique x100 just ingrains it even more.

Advertisement
Make no mistake Texas A&M has the better roster. Achane and Smith are 2 offensive players they have we don't. They were difference makers.

Their defense was extremely fast and athletic.

People talk about their secondary have guys out, and yea factual. The kid that had to come in and play was true freshman Bryce Anderson. He ran a 10.48 100 meters as a senior in high school.

He was a top 80 national recruit. We had one recruit ranking higher in Cyrus Moss who is a 3 year developmental edge rusher, and he was ranked just 7 spots higher.

They had 14, FOURTEEN players ranked higher than Anderson in last years class. Insane.

Jaylon Jones the safety that was flying around everywhere was #1 ranked safety in 2020 class. 5 star safety.

Antonio Johnson was another one of top safeties coming out. LB Cooper is faster than our starting RB. While their offense has its issues, their defense does not.

Hope Mario doesn’t tie his ship to TVD.

This team is MASSIVELY better than last year already as a TEAM.

WRs were not good, but TVD was worse… Mario’s smart to keep in house matters in house, but accountability should be across the board.
Really seems like Rambo and Harley did a lot more last year than given credit for. Totally bailed out the offensive production.

Advertisement
Hope Mario doesn’t tie his ship to TVD.

This team is MASSIVELY better than last year already as a TEAM.

WRs were not good, but TVD was worse… Mario’s smart to keep in house matters in house, but accountability should be across the board.

TVD was off but you still had some drops that if converted may change the complexion of game. Then the muffed punt. Red zone play calling enigmatic. Fix that and I think our offense is fine. Can't put it all on TVD. He didn't play great but he didn't cost us the game imo

I am very curious what happens at PR. Tyrique has had a bad play at PR the last 2 weeks. Mario preaches accountability and responsibility. He talks it, does he walk it? If so, maybe there's a change this week back there. I'm not wild about George back there, but he is an option along with Malik Curtis.

For the WR coaches here, what do you think they are doing wrong?

Several drops seemed to be lack of concentration and focus with the ball slipping off open receivers.

They need to improve how they practice to improve thier skills. Doing the same sub-par technique x100 just ingrains it even more.
Beyond just pure inconsistencies with hands and focus… the receivers are running routes that are predicated on pre-snap and post snap reads based on alignment. They’re constantly thinking about the depth of the route, timing of the route, the speed at which they run it and being in rhythm with QB.

That is pro-style and not something they do in high school, 7v7, or in Lashlee’s system. It’s complicated. Makes you think about everything else and then try to catch it.

Advertisement
"But I'm going to be really ****ed if we are not trying to catch 100 balls each after every practice"
"Those tears got to be real"

I am very curious what happens at PR. Tyrique has had a bad play at PR the last 2 weeks. Mario preaches accountability and responsibility. He talks it, does he walk it? If so, maybe there's a change this week back there. I'm not wild about George back there, but he is an option along with Malik Curtis.
I wonder of George wasn’t suspended whether TS would have been the starting returner. That question should be answered this week.

TVD was off but you still had some drops that if converted may change the complexion of game. Then the muffed punt. Red zone play calling enigmatic. Fix that and I think our offense is fine. Can't put it all on TVD. He didn't play great but he didn't cost us the game imo

I don’t get the desire to defend TVD.

He has been bad in so many ways.

Talking about someone costing the game is the wrong analysis.

TVDs performance was as bad or worse as the WR performance. QB, WR, PR, and K were the weakest positions on the field.

So many trying to bash Gattis and WRs while defending TVD. It’s weird.

Advertisement
Did he comment on the play-calling, or the fact that, even with a slow pocket passer, we ran designed QB runs inside the red zone?

I think that everyone on the team looked improved except for Gattis and his WR group.......................
He commented on how the team has to improve schematically in the passing game. That is a direct statement to Gattis.

Hope somebody in his press conference asks him again about kicking the FG’s. I hope after watching the film he knows he made a mistake

I wonder of George wasn’t suspended whether TS would have been the starting returner. That question should be answered this week.
George is a WR so he should have better hands back there. But the more I see of this WR corp, I'm not wild about having 11 guys on the other side hunting down George. He looks like the most natural WR we have and perhaps the best of the bunch at YAC opportunities.

Make no mistake Texas A&M has the better roster. Achane and Smith are 2 offensive players they have we don't. They were difference makers.

Their defense was extremely fast and athletic.

People talk about their secondary have guys out, and yea factual. The kid that had to come in and play was true freshman Bryce Anderson. He ran a 10.48 100 meters as a senior in high school.

He was a top 80 national recruit. We had one recruit ranking higher in Cyrus Moss who is a 3 year developmental edge rusher, and he was ranked just 7 spots higher.

They had 14, FOURTEEN players ranked higher than Anderson in last years class. Insane.

Jaylon Jones the safety that was flying around everywhere was #1 ranked safety in 2020 class. 5 star safety.

Antonio Johnson was another one of top safeties coming out. LB Cooper is faster than our starting RB. While their offense has its issues, their defense does not.
And all that's why I expected, pre-season, this would be a loss. ****, I expected they'd out-talent us and we'd lose going into the game. The problem is we didn't get out talented. We just didn't perform. If a few more guys had just done their jobs, we'd be arguing about whether this win was important or just us beating up a bad team.

Advertisement
Back