Mario on Joe Rose Show Monday 10/9

Advertisement
You didn’t answer my question and you’re doing the very thing I hope the coaches and leaders of the team aren’t allowing to happen, but enjoy your day my man. I hope all your drives are straight and your beers are cold this week.
These 2 sentences SHOUT what I am thinking...........we lost yup, but don't make this loss lose the team and the rest of the season......t
This should be a learning experience, to use this feeling to conquer the rest of the teams and games on our schedule............
It's a team....not a one man show........settle down.........

This is my issue. He refuses to just say “ I did this , this was unacceptable and I cost my team this game“. We all know that but just say It. He refuses to acknowledge the huge pink elephant that’s now been at two programs he’s the head coach at. It’s such a criminally boneheaded decision it should be easy to take responsibility for it . Then it’s much easier to move on.
Agree. It is that simple.

Also, do we know what the **** actually happened? Was it just a complete brain fart? I can't conceive of a plausible explanation other than they thought GT had another TO...but even that seems out there.

Advertisement
Not defending X, and I would love to see a game breaker back on punts. But let’s not forget when we tried George and Stevenson last year back there.
This isn’t 2001. We don’t have a guy who can be trusted to not only catch the ball every time but also make spectacular plays

When asked if he talked to offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson before running it at the end, does he have other people in his ear about possibly taking a knee?

“Like everything we have a process and we got the first down and after that there’s no way to rationalize it. Should have taken a knee.”

“Most importantly (we are not) pointing fingers at anybody,” . “There were a few ways to win that game, lose it. Bottom line is we have to be better.”
CMC is in a no win situation at this moment. He took the weekend to figure out the best way to approach this and he picked the right way. No, I still am not over it however I am getting closer to moving on to UNC. A win will do wonders for the psyche(mine at least). I don't want to think about a loss at this point. I am mentally in the car, in the driveway, thinking about starting up the engine so I can move on to UNC...a few more days and Ill be on the mental road to a possible recovery.

I mean at this point, not much more you can say. Beat UNC!
Facts. I was ******* ****ed after the loss, but I really think they’re a better team than what they showed. Hope this is a wake up call for the team to not let games be close like that. On another note the stadium was packed so hats off to everyone who showed up.

On to UNC!

Advertisement
Rather listen to diarrhea hit the toilet.
toilet GIF

Facts. I was ******* ****ed after the loss, but I really think they’re a better team than what they showed. Hope this is a wake up call for the team to not let games be close like that. On another note the stadium was packed so hats off to everyone who showed up.

On to UNC!
If we beat UNC, that stadium will be packed for Clemson.

Mario knows he’s looked upon as a total tool after what happened-

Even privately among his peers there looking at him like are you serious-

To return his name to the good graces of his players and local community is to win games-

They can win every game on their schedule maybe with the exception of FSU but, that’s a rivalry game so who knows-

Even though the game was terrible I have a good feeling about the season still. I think the team needed this.
I hope you are right.
My worry, this loss was so deflating due to the way we lost, the team might lose confidence.
Will be interesting to see how they respond next week.
If they lose to NC, I think it’s safe to say this is the same team we have been trotting out over the last 5 years and probably go on another long losing streak like we do every year.

Advertisement
Would you have said that if he'd have taken 3 knees to end out the game last weekend?

No, you wouldn't have. You're letting one dumb mistake (albeit a colossally moronic one) cloud your judgement about the overall functionality of the football team. If we were 5-0, you wouldn't say those 4 games are losses.
Of course. He’d be saying we’d run the table. There’s zero logic here

I hope you are right.
My worry, this loss was so deflating due to the way we lost, the team might lose confidence.
Will be interesting to see how they respond next week.
If they lose to NC, I think it’s safe to say this is the same team we have been trotting out over the last 5 years and probably go on another long losing streak like we do every year.
I think they bring their A game. This team IMO is a top 10 team. They may have overlooked GT, weather and bye week had something to do with it.

Still can't fathom that it happened like that. Not only the boneheaded call, but the fact that Chaney was actually down and the refs blew it, to the fact that our defense, which to that point had actually played very well just let the trash GT offense go 75 yards in like 20 seconds. The perfect storm of BS that had to happen there for it to play out like it did can only be explained by Miami as a program being cursed. There is no other logical explanation for that.

Advertisement
I will believe trending up when we stop losing to teams we should dominate. When bye week games are not nightmares.

That's fair.

But in comparison to the disaster of 2022, I do think we made progress in the first three weeks (and some of the Temple game, too), in looking like a solid football team that plays with effort and intelligence.

It will be a good measuring stick at UNC to see if we can back to that level imo

UNC is a must win at this point...it's the mouthwash to get rid of the sandy cat **** coating the collective mouth.

As far as Cristobal, barring an ACC championship this year, I just don't see how you come back from his debacle. I keep playing the scenario over and over in my head. It would be like your wife begging you for another chance after you walked in on her getting DP'ed by two of the New Zealand All Blacks. You just can't come back from that.

Advertisement
Back