Mario on Joe Rose Show Monday 10/9

Well his record was better than Mario's so far....................................
I don't think so. He was 5-7 his first year, same as Mario. And he had the advantage of being part of the previous staff so was partly responcible for the roster.
He started his second year 2-3, including losses to both UF and FSU as well as UNC. Mario is 4-1.

Shannon's second year ended up 7-6 culminated by a halfback pass in a loss in the Snow Bowl. Mario's is still to be determined so we shall see.

Advertisement
Remains to be seen if he lost the team...

These guys are technically pros now that they get paid and can leave and transfer out whenever they want. Most need to play well on film for the next level.

Plenty of reasons to perform.

I just cant get over the refs killing us... Every game.. its nuts... Doesn't ACC know we could be it's shinning star?
I don’t think there’s any way he lost the team. I’m fact I think he’s now made “his word” that much more meaningful.

One of the biggest concerns was if Mario would handcuff Dawson or let him cook and do his thing. He gave him full autonomy and we took the L.

But if we’re being honest, the same part of Dawson that mashed the gas on A&M at the end of that game is the same thing in him that made him run the ball against GT. Remember he said “You get conservative, you get beat”

Internally the team knows that call wasn’t on Mario but he absolutely has to own it outside of the locker room because he’s going to get the blame… as he should.

My biggest concern is to what degree the GT ending is going to make MC become way more involved in the offense and now Dawson won’t push back because he f’d up.

This is what is most confusing to me. What was the point of the refs keeping GT in that game? Could have had an undefeated showdown next week but the ACC found it more important to ***** is over
You talking as a UM fan. You're assuming the ACC has similar interest as UM fans.

They don't.

It'll never be forgotten if we win the next 7 games and go to Charlotte at 11-1?

Come on, man. Let's not get ridiculous here. Do I think that's going to happen? No. But there are 7 more games to play, and we're going to show up and play them. Without seeing how those go you can't say crazy **** like this will never be forgotten. I guess I can maybe take you 100% literally and say yeah, I sure as **** will never forget what I saw. I didn't sleep until probably 5am. But I think what you mean is it will never be forgiven, and if he goes and wins a bunch more games this year and signs a Top 10 class, I think that's pretty silly to say.

But we HAVE TO win AT LEAST 1 of the next 2, and even if we lose 1, it has to be very competitive. Lose both or get blown out in one, and I'm very concerned about the ceiling of the program with him running it.
I’ve said we needed to win 1 of 3 between UNC Clemson & FSU. I now think he needs 2 of 3 to earn some trust back that the program is headed in the right direction.

Losing this game in this way has so many negative impacts. You can’t go 0-4 against the three above plus Louisville now or you have a disastrous 7-5 season. You have to go 2-2 minimum.

Advertisement
I don't think so. He was 5-7 his first year, same as Mario. And he had the advantage of being part of the previous staff so was partly responcible for the roster.
He started his second year 2-3, including losses to both UF and FSU as well as UNC. Mario is 4-1.

Shannon's second year ended up 7-6 culminated by a halfback pass in a loss in the Snow Bowl. Mario's is still to be determined so we shall see.
You’re getting your Sun Bowls mixed up. Shannon didn’t coach the Sun Bowl because he was fired and Golden had been hired. Got my picture with Al at the pre game.

The next Sun Bowl, Golden had been fired and Coley attempted the half back pass.

Again for the 100th time....The fumble excuse is non-existent to me. That's past tense,....it should NEVER have come down to that insanity.
You're right but it did. I think you're arguing about two different things.

Regardless, it still should not have resulted in a loss.

UNC is a must win at this point...it's the mouthwash to get rid of the sandy cat **** coating the collective mouth.

As far as Cristobal, barring an ACC championship this year, I just don't see how you come back from his debacle. I keep playing the scenario over and over in my head. It would be like your wife begging you for another chance after you walked in on her getting DP'ed by two of the New Zealand All Blacks. You just can't come back from that.

What if you are a cuck and into that sort of thing.......never mind

Advertisement
You’re getting your Sun Bowls mixed up. Shannon didn’t coach the Sun Bowl because he was fired and Golden had been hired. Got my picture with Al at the pre game.

The next Sun Bowl, Golden had been fired and Coley attempted the half back pass.
You're right. It was the Emerald Bowl in San Francisco against Cal. We still lost 24-17.

Again for the 100th time....The fumble excuse is non-existent to me. That's past tense,....it should NEVER have come down to that insanity.
Exactly I don’t get all of these excuses or rationalizations. They’re not wrong in substance but they’re aside from the fact that the handoff never should have taken place. That action was 100% within our staff’s control.

I don’t think there’s any way he lost the team. I’m fact I think he’s now made “his word” that much more meaningful.

One of the biggest concerns was if Mario would handcuff Dawson or let him cook and do his thing. He gave him full autonomy and we took the L.

But if we’re being honest, the same part of Dawson that mashed the gas on A&M at the end of that game is the same thing in him that made him run the ball against GT. Remember he said “You get conservative, you get beat”

Internally the team knows that call wasn’t on Mario but he absolutely has to own it outside of the locker room because he’s going to get the blame… as he should.

My biggest concern is to what degree the GT ending is going to make MC become way more involved in the offense and now Dawson won’t push back because he f’d up.
Sorry but this is nonsense.
1.) Going into victory formation is not being conservative and is in no way comparable to trying to win a one possession football game against ATM.
Not taking a knee, is not some philosophical question. It’s just stupid.
2.) Mario doesn’t need to put his fingerprints all over an offense, to make a simple little league head coaching decision like taking a knee at the end of game.
If Mario has conceded all decisions to his coordinators, why is he even on the sidelines.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Moving forward, wtf happened to the offense? We had 3 points with 7 minutes left in the 3rd.

Felt like a mashup of the southern miss and mtsu game last year.

Did they intentionally go vanilla or slow it down? Someone mentioned Mario talked about being methodical to a sideline reporter.

Some have porsted this has Mario’s finger prints all over it. That’s just as concerning as the meltdown events.

I know we had a lot of yards but they were quiet for sure.

Amazing. He still didn’t accept 100% responsibility. There is no “process” to take a knee.

“We aren’t pointing fingers at anybody.” How about you point them at yourself and apologize to the team and specifically Don.

I hope his message to the team is far different than his public one. The “we win as a team and we lose as a team” schtick is for when players ***** up. To make them feel better. When a coach screws up, there is no “we” it’s only them.

Sorry but this is nonsense.
1.) Going into victory formation is not being conservative and is in no way comparable to trying to win a one possession football game against ATM.
Not taking a knee, is not some philosophical question. It’s just stupid.
2.) Mario doesn’t need to put his fingerprints all over an offense, to make a simple little league head coaching decision like taking a knee at the end of game.
If Mario has conceded all decisions to his coordinators, why is he even on the sidelines.
Mehh… we all have opinions and we’re entitled to them.

What I saw was an overzealous OC trying to get greedy because the offense underperformed. He wanted to win by more than 3 and it bit him in the ***.

Wait… you think there haven’t been or even current Coordinators who have autonomy in play calling? Or at least until they prove they can’t handle it?

Advertisement
Back