Mario on Joe Rose Show Monday 10/9

We were closer off from recent success. Now it’s 20 years. I get why you’re saying but time is a factor here. Fans feel beaten for years and years - decades now.
also, we went cheap when we hired those 2. fans knew it. we were playing in a money pool that only allowed us to get a certain type of coach (possible rising assistant or up and comer). we went and broke the bank and played in a pool that guarantees you a successful coach coming in. its why the results and expectations are raised to an even higher level. there is no or little honeymoon when the coach you hired is making in the top 10-15 nationally in salaries and expects to compete with the elite. **** the honeymoon. 5-7 ended that. this year started great and the biggest red flag w Mario reared its ugly head and resulted in a loss. this is what many were worried about w the hire. hes a great recruiter but you can't have boneheaded Saturday decisions and expect to be taken seriously and compete.

Advertisement
Problem is this was the SECOND time he made the same mistake. Like how does that happen TWICE.
I understand where you coming from but there is nothing you can do to change the outcome of the game. Hopefully the embarrassment he is facing will prevent it happening for the third time.

Advertisement
i wouldn't put the blame on dawson. the decision not to kneel is soaked in a type of ego that is top-down. the coaches bought into a collective mindset of tough guys run the ball and they've been doing it all season
E43BBB86-3674-44D5-88F1-0F68186B3D71.jpeg

people saying to move forward as if It happened a week ago. this is Monday and it just happened sat night. let people vent lol

What more needs to be said? This forum isn't a personal diary. If opinions suck, you will get clubbed over the head for them. Besides, we have a more menacing issue facing us this weekend and the old crusty ****** below needs to get his.

1696875155814.png

Advertisement
I mean at this point, not much more you can say. Beat UNC!
Didn't hear the interview, so maybe he covered it. Should say the only pointing of fingers should be at ME. Don't leave the OC and Chaney out there as even possibilities.

We were closer off from recent success. Now it’s 20 years. I get why you’re saying but time is a factor here. Fans feel beaten for years and years - decades now.

I wasn't really trying to make a point. It was more off an observation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Mario should have taken full 100% accountability on the radio show this morning unequivocally

I feel he should be suspended for one game for a decision (not taking a knee) that 99% of other coaches would make

He is not a “game day coach”

I would like to know if he insisted on running the ball or if it was Dawson’s decision

If Mario does not immediately get a “game day decision-maker” he should be fired

He made The U the laughingstock of the sports world

Does the AD have the guts to tell him he needs to hire a game day analyst?

I think Mario should have taken full 100% accountability on the radio show this morning unequivocally

I feel he should be suspended for one game for a decision (not taking a knee) that 99% of other coaches would make

He is not a “game day coach”

I would like to know if he insisted on running the ball or if it was Dawson’s decision

If Mario does not immediately get a “game day decision-maker” he should be fired

He made The U the laughingstock of the sports world

Does the AD have the guts to tell him he needs to hire a game day analyst?

Dawson call but Mario could have said take a knee or someone else!! **** it

This game broke me. Not the Clemson game in 15, not the FIU game, not last years Middle Tennessee State game.

You'd think Mario would learn after his past debacles at Oregon. I've given up on him. Idc if it's year 2. These things just don't happen to coaches who are making 8 ******* mil a year.

Advertisement
Back