Mario on Joe Rose Show Monday 10/9

MC has lost me, he is a terrible game day coach and a worse leader. He should have come out and said it was 100% on him, at the end of the day the buck stops with him. If Dawson really made the call (I highly doubt it) MC should have said WTF are you doing after he ran the ball the play before.

Advertisement
This game broke me. Not the Clemson game in 15, not the FIU game, not last years Middle Tennessee State game.

You'd think Mario would learn after his past debacles at Oregon. I've given up on him. Idc if it's year 2. These things just don't happen to coaches who are making 8 ******* mil a year.
I understand man. It’s going to be what it is at this point. We root for team success notwithstanding but I’m not excusing it in the least and I’ve been plenty critical. This isn’t the type of learning moment you expect at $8 m per.

Even though it’s happened to him before, I think it’s so magnified right now that it doesn’t happen again. I mean it can’t right? Lol

MC has lost me, he is a terrible game day coach and a worse leader. He should have come out and said it was 100% on him, at the end of the day the buck stops with him. If Dawson really made the call (I highly doubt it) MC should have said WTF are you doing after he ran the ball the play before.
You seem Salty, Salty.

This game broke me. Not the Clemson game in 15, not the FIU game, not last years Middle Tennessee State game.

You'd think Mario would learn after his past debacles at Oregon. I've given up on him. Idc if it's year 2. These things just don't happen to coaches who are making 8 ******* mil a year.
Yeah, it broke me too. I’m a diehard fan. But Miami fans are vocal and will stab you with a corkscrew for the littlest of reasons, especially after two decades _ierda. I’m thinking he never repeats this loaded diaper decision ever again (hopefully, or he’ll be run out of town). And, I keep thinking of all the positives since MR hire and the quality of recruits we getting. We are trending in the right direction. At some point, it overcomes a once-in-a-while $****¥ decision like this.

I understand man. It’s going to be what it is at this point. We root for team success notwithstanding but I’m not excusing it in the least and I’ve been plenty critical. This isn’t the type of learning moment you expect at $8 m per.

Even though it’s happened to him before, I think it’s so magnified right now that it doesn’t happen again. I mean it can’t right? Lol
I’m so slow with my one-finger typing…

Advertisement
Yeah, it broke me too. I’m a diehard fan. But Miami fans are vocal and will stab you with a corkscrew for the littlest of reasons, especially after two decades _ierda. I’m thinking he never repeats this loaded diaper decision ever again (hopefully, or he’ll be run out of town). And, I keep thinking of all the positives since MR hire and the quality of recruits we getting. We are trending in the right direction. At some point, it overcomes a once-in-a-while $****¥ decision like this.
Mario has done a **** of a job recruiting and turning over the roster still some guys who need to go but man this game will never be forgotten at least on my end. I just don’t have the confidence they will turn it around the rest of the year. I’m counting 4 more losses on the schedule.

Eat a pile of Sh*t.....keep making excuses...come out with another Dogsh*t offensive game plan vs those teams and see what happens. Not ONE misdirection running play, no reverses, no wheel routes...same Ole running game that got other OCs the heave ho....telling me to quit crying, while you and others are piling on with TVD and other excuses. Throwing into triple coverage should not happen with a Sr QB. Who in all actuality, should have had 2 more ints.
makes me think good old Mario(ultimate micro manager) was heavily involved in game plan, offense game plan Sat night did not reflect game plan i have seen from Dawson in first 4 games.......

Mario has done a **** of a job recruiting and turning over the roster still some guys who need to go but man this game will never be forgotten at least on my end. I just don’t have the confidence they will turn it around the rest of the year. I’m counting 4 more losses on the schedule.
If he took the knee how many more losses did you have penned? Honest question. Is it more because of how we came out on the whole against GT and you thought we were done with that? Carryover effect from the fumble causing things to snowball? Past two decades? Combination thereof?

Advertisement
Beat UNC. Period. We'll all cry about the missed opportunity of being 6-0 but we all know this isnt a natty team this year so F it. Just beat UNC and the train keeps moving in the right direction.

If he took the knee how many more losses did you have penned? Honest question. Is it more because of how we came out on the whole against GT and you thought we were done with that? Carryover effect from the fumble causing things to snowball? Past two decades? Combination thereof?
Losses like we all saw Saturday are hard to recover from and teams from years past just fold like a tent. Especially when you have to play two tough teams on back to back weekends. So yes in my opinion things will take a turn for the worst.

If we snuck out of there with a win then I would be more confident obviously. Just chalk it up to coming out flat after a bye week and looking ahead to Unc.

Still can't fathom that it happened like that. Not only the boneheaded call, but the fact that Chaney was actually down and the refs blew it, to the fact that our defense, which to that point had actually played very well just let the trash GT offense go 75 yards in like 20 seconds. The perfect storm of BS that had to happen there for it to play out like it did can only be explained by Miami as a program being cursed. There is no other logical explanation for that.

Some evil force took over the stadium once we decided to run on 3rd down...
... it was like anticipating the worse that could happen and then watching it happen in real time.

Advertisement
Can't see myself ever moving past this. Pretty sure I will always harbor intense hatred for Mario.
One of the very few times I agree with you lol. 8 mil a year to lose a game like this….get the **** out of here. And he’s done this in the past too. We are back to a national joke. Right as things were trending up and we were getting some respect. Now we are the biggest joke in the college football world.

Would you have said that if he'd have taken 3 knees to end out the game last weekend?

No, you wouldn't have. You're letting one dumb mistake (albeit a colossally moronic one) cloud your judgement about the overall functionality of the football team. If we were 5-0, you wouldn't say those 4 games are losses.
Respectfully OBM,

I'd still have some mopementum had we won on that knee.

That whole game rhymed with 2 decades of history.

Warning signs all over the place on offense, esp Oline & TVDud play; missing ton of open shots and the ****assed run game plan.

I look at the run game vs. ATM and compare it to facing ACC comp - easy enough for a DC to gamble that MariBRO would try to run and hope you could section off Dud with good zone coverage...and force our slowby 1 read/1 guy to goof or make his "NFL" throws into multicoverage and not keep getting away with it.

Cover your outsides and try to get pressure and Dud becomes even less effective.

Credit to GT's passing game coverage - we got figured out!

Who knew?!

Some of his best mid range shots this year were into some REALLLLY tight/lucky windows and it caught up with him - just like it did last year too; so I say TVDud is right on track and we're kinda stuck with it until he gets reinjured and we're forced to throw Noodle-Hope or Can't Hit a Barn out there.

Love our defense, but it ain't gonna stop everyone if our offense can't keep up

We can't stop nuking ourselves with (albeit questionable) penalties and bad mgmnt, so to me it seems to have been Fool's gold.

Confidence is low.

Advertisement
One of the very few times I agree with you lol. 8 mil a year to lose a game like this….get the **** out of here. And he’s done this in the past too. We are back to a national joke. Right as things were trending up and we were getting some respect. Now we are the biggest joke in the college football world.
Yeah man I just can't. Not after what transpired in year 1 and all his tough guy BS. There's no forgiving him imo, and I hope he resigns at some ppint soon enough because I can't stand the sight of him any longer.

Yeah man I just can't. Not after what transpired in year 1 and all his tough guy BS. There's no forgiving him imo, and I hope he resigns at some ppint soon enough because I can't stand the sight of him any longer.
This one is unforgivable. I was willing to let year 1 slide because he turned over the roster in a big way this year brought in new coordinators and the first four games went great. He does need a couple more solid classes but like I’ve said in a few posts 99.9% of coaches take knees to close that game out.

I don’t disagree about he could’ve kneeled but he didn’t he’s not the only coach who doesn’t kneel and I’m not here to argue his train of thought I personally wanted us to go score another touchdown I hated him taking the air out of the ******* ball and sitting on the 3 points I wanted to beat gt by atleast 10 said that all week leading up to the game but hindsight is 20/20 it wasn’t a fumble and Mario takes responsibility for not kneeling it was stupid for sure but this doesn’t mean we can’t beat the rest of these sorry ***** in the acc gtfoh with that ****
Miami is in no position to be concerned about by how many points they win a game. This program needs wins, whether by 1 or 40pts. After 55mins of shooting themselves in the foot, they put together a great 4min drive. That.s literally how every coach in America practices it and they didn't take a knee and finish it off. Mind numbingly stupid

**** (_ierda) happens and it did on Saturday. And opinions happen, not very favorable for MC after a repeat offence on his resume. However, I was going ballistic watching the first half with TVD. The defense was doing their job but wtf no tds wit dat GT defense... we should have hung min 21 that half.
Mario owned the massive failure at pressers so OK... you owe the team and fans a win at Chapel Hill... but this time it won't be lame GT so he best mitigate the embarrassment and pain. Again, the rest of the season just gets harder so lets get the **** offense and TVD playing high level P5 ball.

Advertisement
Back