Mario on Joe Rose Show Monday 10/9

As a fan base we have to help this team put this game behind them. Kids nowadays don’t have the same coping skills as we did in the 90s or 80s. Let move on and focus on beating UNC.

Advertisement
Can't get behind this ****face as a coach. Gave him a pass from last year but this is unforgiveable and will never be forgotten. Those saying to move on could eat ****. 8 million a year for this bull****....

It'll never be forgotten if we win the next 7 games and go to Charlotte at 11-1?

Come on, man. Let's not get ridiculous here. Do I think that's going to happen? No. But there are 7 more games to play, and we're going to show up and play them. Without seeing how those go you can't say crazy **** like this will never be forgotten. I guess I can maybe take you 100% literally and say yeah, I sure as **** will never forget what I saw. I didn't sleep until probably 5am. But I think what you mean is it will never be forgiven, and if he goes and wins a bunch more games this year and signs a Top 10 class, I think that's pretty silly to say.

But we HAVE TO win AT LEAST 1 of the next 2, and even if we lose 1, it has to be very competitive. Lose both or get blown out in one, and I'm very concerned about the ceiling of the program with him running it.

LOL it was a game that was won. it wasn't a team loss. it was a loss by the coaches. it shouldn't have come down to a fumble. this is coaching 101. this isnt even complicated. hes a dumbass who hasn't learned after Oregon.

It was a team loss completely the defense gave up 75 yards in 30 seconds regardless that’s unacceptable we should’ve still been fine but guys trying to be hero’s instead of doing they’re job Mario with the decision to run instead of kneel tvd with all those picks made it closer then it should’ve been and made the coaches feel like they needed to sit on the ball instead of putting Georgia tech out of their misery it’s a complete team loss

I honestly think at this point Miami would be better off taking this debacle and just flipping the script.

Heck, where fatigues to UNC, have the whole team go to midfield and talk trash like the Cotton Bowl and just act like the old school teams this week

Just own the mistake

...Im kiding but the best way to move on is to just change the narrative

It'll never be forgotten if we win the next 7 games and go to Charlotte at 11-1?

Come on, man. Let's not get ridiculous here. Do I think that's going to happen? No. But there are 7 more games to play, and we're going to show up and play them. Without seeing how those go you can't say crazy **** like this will never be forgotten. I guess I can maybe take you 100% literally and say yeah, I sure as **** will never forget what I saw. I didn't sleep until probably 5am. But I think what you mean is it will never be forgiven, and if he goes and wins a bunch more games this year and signs a Top 10 class, I think that's pretty silly to say.

But we HAVE TO win AT LEAST 1 of the next 2, and even if we lose 1, it has to be very competitive. Lose both or get blown out in one, and I'm very concerned about the ceiling of the program with him running it.
Miami still has to play Unc, Clemson, FSU, and Louisville. That's probably 4 losses right there.

And yes it will never be forgotten. 99.9% of the coaches in the country take two knees to close out the game.

Advertisement
Miami still has to play Unc, Clemson, FSU, and Louisville. That's probably 4 losses right there.

And yes it will never be forgotten. 99.9% of the coaches in the country take two knees to close out the game.

Would you have said that if he'd have taken 3 knees to end out the game last weekend?

No, you wouldn't have. You're letting one dumb mistake (albeit a colossally moronic one) cloud your judgement about the overall functionality of the football team. If we were 5-0, you wouldn't say those 4 games are losses.

Would you have said that if he'd have taken 3 knees to end out the game last weekend?

No, you wouldn't have. You're letting one dumb mistake (albeit a colossally moronic one) cloud your judgement about the overall functionality of the football team. If we were 5-0, you wouldn't say those 4 games are losses.
Lol have you watched this program for the last 15 plus years? It’s been a ******* joke since 05.

When asked if he talked to offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson before running it at the end, does he have other people in his ear about possibly taking a knee?

“Like everything we have a process and we got the first down and after that there’s no way to rationalize it. Should have taken a knee.”

“Most importantly (we are not) pointing fingers at anybody,” . “There were a few ways to win that game, lose it. Bottom line is we have to be better.”
I want Zo to talk to Mario and make him understand he needs a game management coach on the sidelines. Zo might be the only one that can convince Mario

Lol have you watched this program for the last 15 plus years? It’s been a ******* joke since 05.

You didn’t answer my question and you’re doing the very thing I hope the coaches and leaders of the team aren’t allowing to happen, but enjoy your day my man. I hope all your drives are straight and your beers are cold this week.

Advertisement
The data actually indicates yes, aTm game was a fluke.

Miami, has regressed back to their ACC subpar mean.

Kneeling, not kneeling is a red herring from Saturday night.

Underpeforming by 21 points and ACC refs cheating Miami with ~21-28 point swing is the story.

And it is a very bad story.
I understand we played like shet, but you know as well as anyone around here that one game is not enough data to make that conclusion.

I'll concede if we don't show up in the first 20 minutes of the game on Saturday.
That would be consistent with what we've done the past 4 times we've played UNC, and that would be enough data for me to agree with your statement.

I understand we played like shet, but you know as well as anyone around here that one game is not enough data to make that conclusion.

I'll concede if we don't show up in the first 20 minutes of the game on Saturday.
That would be consistent with what we've done the past 4 times we've played UNC, and that would be enough data for me to agree with your statement.
It's more than one game of data friend.

They will very likely be 4 losses.

Taking the knee doesn't change that however. Taking the knee only would have sugar coated over it.

Advertisement
Well look at the trajectory of the program. Currently, I see it trending up. Under Radio, I saw it trending down. And I saw that at the time, not in hindsight.
Well, the facts are that RS had a 5-7 first year. Mario had the same [but it felt worse to me]. RS had a 7-5 regular season in year two. Mario has a way to go this his second season. RS had a 9-3 third season...................* RS total HC record was 29-25 or a .537 winning percentage. Mario's is currently 71-68 or .510. I hope Mario's record improves. But to mock someone who compares him to Randy is inaccurate.

*Although he left Miami with an unremarkable win–loss record by the program's previous standards, Shannon still left a significant legacy at the program. He guided the school to the third-best Academic Progress Rate in NCAA Division I FBS. In his four-year tenure at Miami, only a single player was arrested. Perhaps most significantly, he was apparently untainted by the scandal that engulfed the program in the 2011 season, as he avoided contact with Nevin Shapiro, the rogue booster who admitted to providing massive amounts of improper benefits to Miami players from 2002 to 2010. Sports Illustrated writer Alexander Wolff, in an August 2011 open letter to university president Donna Shalala, noted that Shannon "seems to have been the only person in Coral Gables who wanted nothing to do with Shapiro, reportedly warning his players to avoid him and threatening to fire assistants caught dealing with him."

This team... this year?
I disagree.
I want you to be right friend, I truly do.

The data indicates the team has improved against G5 opponents.

The data indicates the team hasn't improved against ACC opponents and can't overcome ACC officials' bias. It's a difficult situation against bottom feeders like GT, Syracuse, UVA, BC.

It's impossible against UNC, FSU, Clemson, Louie, NC St, etc.

Advertisement
I want you to be right friend, I truly do.

The data indicates the team has improved against G5 opponents.

The data indicates the team hasn't improved against ACC opponents and can't overcome ACC officials' bias. It's a difficult situation against bottom feeders like GT, Syracuse, UVA, BC.

It's impossible against UNC, FSU, Clemson, Louie, NC St, etc.
I see your points.
The next 12 days can't get here quickly enough.

Well, the facts are that RS had a 5-7 first year. Mario had the same [but it felt worse to me]. RS had a 7-5 regular season in year two. Mario has a way to go this his second season. RS had a 9-3 third season...................* RS total HC record was 29-25 or a .537 winning percentage. Mario's is currently 71-68 or .510. I hope Mario's record improves. But to mock someone who compares him to Randy is inaccurate.

*Although he left Miami with an unremarkable win–loss record by the program's previous standards, Shannon still left a significant legacy at the program. He guided the school to the third-best Academic Progress Rate in NCAA Division I FBS. In his four-year tenure at Miami, only a single player was arrested. Perhaps most significantly, he was apparently untainted by the scandal that engulfed the program in the 2011 season, as he avoided contact with Nevin Shapiro, the rogue booster who admitted to providing massive amounts of improper benefits to Miami players from 2002 to 2010. Sports Illustrated writer Alexander Wolff, in an August 2011 open letter to university president Donna Shalala, noted that Shannon "seems to have been the only person in Coral Gables who wanted nothing to do with Shapiro, reportedly warning his players to avoid him and threatening to fire assistants caught dealing with him."
I'm not a big Mario fan, but It's not an apples to apples comparison to compare Mario's results (inclusive of FIU) to other Miami coaches with just p5 results.

At the end of the day, the big picture is still the most important thing.

The overall trajectory of the program is trending up, Saturday night's lackluster performance and half-assed ending notwithstanding
I will believe trending up when we stop losing to teams we should dominate. When bye week games are not nightmares.
Meanwhile I will still hope we win every game

Advertisement
Back