Mario on Joe Rose Show Monday 10/9

That's quite literally the definition of a let down game. Do you think USC expected to need 3 OTs to beat Arizona? Do you think FSU expected to only beat ****** BC by 2 points? Do you think UNC expected to need multiple overtimes to beat App State? It's why you play the game dude, **** happens. Sometimes you don't show up and the other team (and/or refs) does show up. Again, they're ****** kids. Move the **** on. We still have 7+ games left and nothing fundamentally has changed.
That ****** BC team would beat the brakes off of this garbage GT team, and not to mention their brand F-ing new DC to boot.

Advertisement
I stand by coach it was a team loss not just on him yea he could’ve kneeled but the refs could’ve called don down correctly and nobody’s on here crying about this terrible loss and kam and tecory could’ve did their jobs better on those two busted plays it’s on multiple guys.

This game doesn’t change that we can beat every team we see stop the bull**** if this team has truly changed this game will make them want to go prove a point to the college football world this was a bull**** game and we are here to stay
Absolutely!! The response to this loss is everything!!! UNC sees this team as trash and has always seen us as so. UNC has to be the most disrespectful team we play yearly. I don’t want to just win but we need a statement to be made by a dominating victory.

Nah, I just want the same accountability he preaches from him. That’s all. All he’s done is mentioned a fumble , different things we did to lose and talk some garbage about “ taking a timeout and recalibrating “. What ?!?!? That’s asinine , just take a delay of game then kneel it the next play. Him even making this sound difficult or a tough football decision is absolute insanity. Either he’s even worse than I expected in game or he thinks fans are dumb. It’s basic football math an eight year old playing Madden understands.

He single handedly made a win a loss being obtuse and he’s now done this twice. It’s the football equivalent of your wife putting gas in your coolant reservoir……twice.
it reminds me of golden pressers. he also acts like he has no control over game day aspects and his defenders on here like to claim that. hes the HC. if this didnt happen to him twice, id believe it, but nah this is the second time.

for a good program builder imo, hes had a ton of errors in his first 2 years into a big contract.

Advertisement
This is my issue. He refuses to just say “ I did this , this was unacceptable and I cost my team this game“. We all know that but just say It. He refuses to acknowledge the huge pink elephant that’s now been at two programs he’s the head coach at. It’s such a criminally boneheaded decision it should be easy to take responsibility for it . Then it’s much easier to move on.

They did gain over 450 yards. That's less than our season average but not exactly subpar. I think Dawson was taking what GT was giving us, and was aware that TVD wasnt playing well. The turnovers and game changing penalties are what kept us from scoring.

And, he's shown vanilla game planning against what should be an easy opponent, and it has worked. He seems to save the flashy stuff for bigger games. We will see on Saturday if that's true or not.
How was Dawson not aware TVD was not playing well? The int's might be a good tell to start with.

This is my issue. He refuses to just say “ I did this , this was unacceptable and I cost my team this game“. We all know that but just say It. He refuses to acknowledge the huge pink elephant that’s now been at two programs he’s the head coach at. It’s such a criminally boneheaded decision it should be easy to take responsibility for it . Then it’s much easier to move on.
Cribby, I love you and what you bring to this board but this feels like a reach. He didn't say those exact words but didn't he own it on Joe's show this morning?

Advertisement
Cribby, I love you and what you bring to this board but this feels like a reach. He didn't say those exact words but didn't he own it on Joe's show this morning?
Two days later ? After rival fans and media are saying “ why’d he throw players under the bus“? He talked about the fumble , Dawson and other mistakes rather than eating it like a man In the heat of the moment. Two days later isn‘t the same. I just listened and even when he kinda took the blame it was without saying “ me or I” he still said “ I should’ve taken the knee and taken it out of the players hands. Just eat the horrific error and leave it at that.

I’m glad he finally took a little accountability albeit kinda late.

Last edited:
Eat a pile of Sh*t.....keep making excuses...come out with another Dogsh*t offensive game plan vs those teams and see what happens. Not ONE misdirection running play, no reverses, no wheel routes...same Ole running game that got other OCs the heave ho....telling me to quit crying, while you and others are piling on with TVD and other excuses. Throwing into triple coverage should not happen with a Sr QB. Who in all actuality, should have had 2 more ints.
I do agree with you about the offense being bland Saturday. Midway through I was asking where are the WR shovel passes and what happened to Smith after the first drive. It was strange to not see the creativity we had seen through 4 games.

We expect the team to put the GT game behind them and move on to this weeks game at UNC. The adults in the room - specifically, this message board - should act like adults and do the same.

Two days later ? After rival fans and media are saying “ why’d he throw players under the bus“ . He talked about the fumble , Dawson and other mistakes rather than eating it like a man In the heat of the moment. Two days later isn‘t the same. I just listened and even when he kinda took the blame it was without saying “ me or I” he still said “ I should’ve taken the knee and taken it out of the players hands. Just eat the horrific error and leave it at that.

I’m glad he finally took a little accountability albeit kinda late.
He seems pretty broken rn. Guy still hasn’t even done his little Twitter schtick after a kid commits

Advertisement
Mario said the right thing. Now it’s time to move on because dwelling on this blunder will not help the program. It was inexcusable, but its over. Just like the wins are behind us and don’t mean anything for the future games, neither does this loss.
Exactly…. It still sucks but we don’t have a time machine to go back and fix the mistake. It time to move forward to the next game.

Can't get behind this ****face as a coach. Gave him a pass from last year but this is unforgiveable and will never be forgotten. Those saying to move on could eat ****. 8 million a year for this bull****....

When asked if he talked to offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson before running it at the end, does he have other people in his ear about possibly taking a knee?

“Like everything we have a process and we got the first down and after that there’s no way to rationalize it. Should have taken a knee.”

“Most importantly (we are not) pointing fingers at anybody,” . “There were a few ways to win that game, lose it. Bottom line is we have to be better.”
there was only 1 way to lose it tho

Advertisement
Absolutely!! The response to this loss is everything!!! UNC sees this team as trash and has always seen us as so. UNC has to be the most disrespectful team we play yearly. I don’t want to just win but we need a statement to be made by a dominating victory.
we have to come out ready to fight Carolina deserves this *** whooping we’re about to give them I’ve been watching their tape for weeks and we can whoops these boys *** as long as we come to play

Remains to be seen if he lost the team...

These guys are technically pros now that they get paid and can leave and transfer out whenever they want. Most need to play well on film for the next level.

Plenty of reasons to perform.

I just cant get over the refs killing us... Every game.. its nuts... Doesn't ACC know we could be it's shinning star?
1696860797511.gif

Advertisement
Back