Mario on Gattis / Staff

Exactly, he is handling it the right way. I believe Gattis ad Steele are done. I am see Charlie strong taking over the defense. He has a good concept.
Strong hasn’t been a DC in a long time. He did take over Texas defense his last year but they weren’t good. I wouldn’t like that hire.

Advertisement
(I have zero insider insight) but I think there will be a huge coach overhaul as well. Obviously Gattis is gone, but I see 2-3 coaches gone on both sides of the ball IMO. Let the coordinators pick their coaches aside.

That was a good informative show. Sounds to me like these portal players are more cuts then unhappy players. both may factor but Mario basically said they're a few players on the roster that can play. the rest can haul ***. atleast that's what I got from it. Joe Rose asks the questions everybody else is scared to ask.

Advertisement
Hire Mullen and have him tell you who he wants and Mario goes and recruits them. I forget where but I'm pretty sure on here I read a quote from Saban that it's rare that guys are both great coaches and great recruiters. So you have to have a mix on staff.

Advertisement
Happy Monday.

Wait until next Monday, especially if we lose to Pitt.

E3B6493D-0462-42DD-A0F1-A2AE351BE4F6.gif

Hire Mullen and have him tell you who he wants and Mario goes and recruits them. I forget where but I'm pretty sure on here I read a quote from Saban that it's rare that guys are both great coaches and great recruiters. So you have to have a mix on staff.
You are correct. Saban said you can't really be both in regard to Recruiting and Coaching.

Advertisement
Mario isn’t throwing any coaches under the bus, and being a stoic leader.

@Cribby has been saying it for weeks. Gattis is gone, looking like Ponce too

This has to happen. Steele and defense might get a pass this year, but only because, believe it or not we are improving. Especially when you start to see the right 'type' personnel on the field.

I will say this, and everyone should agree, I dont give a **** if you came in as a five star or two star, you better get your *** in line with what we are trying to do, and where we are trying to be, or get out of the way. (ahem...0)

I have seen several players elevate on defense, although we still have a long way to go, I have seen some guys get better. I can see development, what I still dont see are the right adjustments being made on gameday. Most offenses stick to the same gameplan from the opening kickoff until the final minute, and we just dont make the right adjustments. example: there is no reason why we didnt dedicate a spy on DJ against Clemson...he shown us the same **** he showed for the last two seasons, he cannot read progression, but he has better vision as a runner.

Advertisement
not that Malik Rosier has any influence on Miami, or that he holds a lot of weight nationally, but he is around the team, and he is very vocal about Miami offense being bad and stating that coaches need to be fired.

It means firings happen after the season. My guess is before ESD only if he thinks it will help recruiting

Mario was quoted as saying tying yourself to a coordinator, in terms of recruiting, is a "flimsy foundation". He wants guys that want to be here, that believe he will get it done, strong minds who can go through things like this.

I think he'll fire Gattis because he **** the bed this season, but I'm not sure it will help us that much on ESD at this point, the damage is done and the floppers are already looking or gone. Any top kids that are waffling over it ain't likely to come here or will wait to see who it will be, and he don't want those type of kids anyway based on his quote. ESD will be the kids who truly believe in Mario.

This. Seems like he is being a diplomatic leader to the media. To me it reads as, I know this offense sucks but I’m not going to blame anyone publicly and will handle the issues internally and hopefully that means Gattis is gone.
Not sure how to interpret the coaches getting pushed around thing. Unless he means Gattis is a bully.
"from afar" he noticed...sounds to me that he watched past coaches cave to internal and external pressure to fire coaches.

I like your translation better than the way I took it.

Advertisement
Back