Mario, Josh Gattis and Kevin Steele Media Monday 10/3

Advertisement
Wasn't feeling Mario's interview. He was definitely on the defensive but smooth enough with his words to get a pass.

Gattis is a complete jackass. I stopped listening to his bull**** about two minutes in, and have zero confidence in him to right his wrongs.

Steele is a G. I like that guy; I appreciate his demeanor and approach. He accepts responsibility for his defense and gives me confidence that issues we have seen will be addressed.
none of them can state the obvious and maintain morale within the locker room. "Increase capacity" = 'we're not talented enough and we'll just have to do the best we can with the players we have. We'll keep all options on the table to win while implementing a more physical style of play..' -Go Canes

Last edited:
none of them can state the obvious and maintain morale within the locker room. "Increase capacity" = 'we're not talented enough and we'll just have to do the best we can with the players we have. We'll keeping all options on the table to win while implementing a more physical style of play..' -Go Canes

Spot on my brother. Spot on.

Such a stark contrast between gattis and Steele.

Gattis deflected blame and got offended when questioned about his scheme (condensed vs non condensed formations)

While coach Steele took full responsibility "it starts and ends with me."

Gattis can get f'ed. Can't wait till he's gone.

Call me confused.

WTH is a CONDENSED SPREAD?

While we're at it - what is CONTROLLED CHAOS? FRIENDLY FIRE? ORIGINAL COPY? LIVE RECORDING? ALONE TOGETHER? BLACK LIGHT?

I wasn't an English Major - but that sounds JUST LIKE an OXYMORON.

Emphasis on MORON - or with proper CIS spelling MORAN.

Advertisement
CIS logic:

Steele gets a@@ raped by Mid Tenn - I have faith he’ll get it done

Offense sucks fire Gattis NOW
I think it's more like our bad defense from last year is not really any worse overall this year. Steele could do better.

Our pretty decent offense last year is significantly worse this year. Gattis can't do any worse.

CIS logic:

Steele gets a@@ raped by Mid Tenn - I have faith he’ll get it done

Offense sucks fire Gattis NOW

I think it's attitude.

Offense sucked - but it's wasn't Gaddis's fault - per Gaddis. Sure don't want to look backward - only forward.

Defense sucked - but Steele said that was on him - and those things WILL be addressed.

Call me confused.

WTH is a CONDENSED SPREAD?

While we're at it - what is CONTROLLED CHAOS? FRIENDLY FIRE? ORIGINAL COPY? LIVE RECORDING? ALONE TOGETHER? BLACK LIGHT?

I wasn't an English Major - but that sounds JUST LIKE an OXYMORON.

Emphasis on MORON - or with proper CIS spelling MORAN.

... or oxymaroon

Here's the clip im referring to

This guy literally says “I don’t know…what exactly a condensed formation is” in that typical snarky/arrogant tone we’ve seen many coaches use here when they know their goose is cooked.

Proceeds THE VERY NEXT SENTENCE to say “ya know we have condensed and non-condensed formations, so…”

Bro………wow

I’ll say it, at least Dorito could BS his way through those types of questions. This dude can’t even do THAT right. Wow. Just wow.

Advertisement
I think it's attitude.

Offense sucked - but it's wasn't Gaddis's fault - per Gaddis. Sure don't want to look backward - only forward.

Defense sucked - but Steele said that was on him - and those things WILL be addressed.
Basically gattis answers like dno
And Steele is golden

TrumpyCane says stop with the “Michigan improved their offense” since he left

They have played two opponents they played last year

2021:
Maryland: 59 points
Iowa: 42

2022:
Maryland: 34 (17 points going into the 4th)
Iowa: 27 (20 points with 3 minutes left in game)

Michigans offense looked good against the 3 ****bag teams they played
2023:
Miami: 31 (17 points going in the 4th quarter) with more talent.
MTSU: 45

STFU. Gattis sucks.

Advertisement
He says getting enough people in the box to block or protect both edges.....******* kidding me?? Like, the O coordinator can scheme to spread them out where the D cant then load the box etc. That looks like coaching reactive rather than dictating the narrative & making them respond...He didnt address the pace of play either. It doesn't need to be tempo, but theres zero rhythm getting the play in and run, not allowing TVD to get in a little groove.....I cant stand the generic coach speak they speak with...Accountability isn't generic coach speak.
Me after hearing Gattis responses…
1664971040379.gif

View attachment 210361
Look how hard you make it on yourself going condensed.

It allows them to commit and get this level of penetration before the handoff is even completed.
View attachment 210362

We're just lucky they failed to tackle Thad after 3 tries.
If he pulls the ball, he literally walks into the endzone! Now Idk if Gattis has that in his “bag” or not, but it seems elementary to me. Make them Load the box defensively, and then use the legs of your “extra” player (QB).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back