Mario, Josh Gattis and Kevin Steele Media Monday 10/3

Advertisement
Kevin Steele vs Longo. That’s the matchup to watch. I trust coach Steele to have this defense ready. I do not have an ounce of trust for Gattis. I think Mario had a big swing and miss at OC, but I really like the Steele hire.

I think we see a lot more sightings of players we haven’t seen much of that have had success in previous years.

TrumpyCane says stop with the “Michigan improved their offense” since he left

They have played two opponents they played last year

2021:
Maryland: 59 points
Iowa: 42

2022:
Maryland: 34 (17 points going into the 4th)
Iowa: 27 (20 points with 3 minutes left in game)

Michigans offense looked good against the 3 ****bag teams they played
@Page305 did the memo not get out about posting facts? Nobody got time for that ****.

Advertisement
Kevin Steele vs Longo. That’s the matchup to watch. I trust coach Steele to have this defense ready. I do not have an ounce of trust for Gattis. I think Mario had a big swing and miss at OC, but I really like the Steele hire.

I think we see a lot more sightings of players we haven’t seen much of that have had success in previous years.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I’m curious as well because we had a slick gameplan vs TAMU (and TAMU being *** is helpful) but we had specific matchups and shells for their strengths and looked prepared and yet were unwilling to change away from man 1 vs MTSU and they exploited the same looks repeatedly.

Everyone should have known going in Gattis was a square peg here with the roster we have, but we should be more consistent on defense barring injuries. At least good enough to shut down G5 teams

Such a stark contrast between gattis and Steele.

Gattis deflected blame and got offended when questioned about his scheme (condensed vs non condensed formations)

While coach Steele took full responsibility "it starts and ends with me."

Gattis can get f'ed. Can't wait till he's gone.
100%.
He comes across as an arrogant prick, know it all.
Guy is a total fraud.

Advertisement
lmao Gattis is just the poor mans Doc Rivers, but somehow we paid full price :ROFLMAO:
Doc is bad in the playoffs, but his players play hard for him that’s for sure.

If Gattis can get the guys to play hard for him even with his old school scheme he’d still be doing fine.

Problem is the guys look uninterested, unsure, and flat too often on top of not being an advantageous scheme

Advertisement
First off, not a fan of the offense or Gattis to this point. Who is? But read the board before watching the press conferences & expected to be fuming after listening to Gattis based on board comments. Then, thought he actually echoed and sounded like Mario during his press conference. Said the right thing with responses such as working to find what players do best, coaches job to help them develop, things aren't working we'll throw them out, blah, blah, blah. Easy to trash the guy, but what anyone expecting? If gonna take shots at him & the offense, probably should fire first bullet at the head coach and then maybe the QB coach.
Comparison with Steele & giving the DC a pass is also a tad silly. They're vastly different personalities & shows in how they handle the media. Steele has them eating out of his hand with his golly gee I've been around since Rockne, it's all on me approach. Well, terrific, you can't whimsically explain away busts leading to 4 long, easy TDs against MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE. And four games into the season where the **** is Gilbert Frierson? Well, we're cross training him & trying to find a spot. Total BS.

First off, not a fan of the offense or Gattis to this point. Who is? But read the board before watching the press conferences & expected to be fuming after listening to Gattis based on board comments. Then, thought he actually echoed and sounded like Mario during his press conference. Said the right thing with responses such as working to find what players do best, coaches job to help them develop, things aren't working we'll throw them out, blah, blah, blah. Easy to trash the guy, but what anyone expecting? If gonna take shots at him & the offense, probably should fire first bullet at the head coach and then maybe the QB coach.
Comparison with Steele & giving the DC a pass is also a tad silly. They're vastly different personalities & shows in how they handle the media. Steele has them eating out of his hand with his golly gee I've been around since Rockne, it's all on me approach. Well, terrific, you can't whimsically explain away busts leading to 4 long, easy TDs against MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE. And four games into the season where the **** is Gilbert Frierson? Well, we're cross training him & trying to find a spot. Total BS.
Steele isn't going to receive the same heat as Gattis because he hasn't take one side of the ball that produced last year and turned them into one of the worst in the country. The defense is no worse than it was last year and has slightly improved in some areas.

The offense hasn't really improved at all anywhere and has regressed heavily in multiple areas.

Advertisement
Such a stark contrast between gattis and Steele.

Gattis deflected blame and got offended when questioned about his scheme (condensed vs non condensed formations)

While coach Steele took full responsibility "it starts and ends with me."

Gattis can get f'ed. Can't wait till he's gone.

You guys are hilarious—inventing ways to praise or **** on coaches.

"Obviously a very, very dark night. One of the lowest points ever in this proud program's history. I take full ownership of that, full responsibility for the way we played tonight."

That was Manny after losing to FIU.

He "owned" it and took "full responsibility" with his blah-blah coach speak ... and then went out to lose to Duke by double digits a week later and got shutout in the bowl game against Louisiana Tech.

Couldn't care less about how Gattis or Steele handle the Monday morning media. I want to see how their squad look this Saturday and every Saturday between now and December—and then we'll evaluate the state of this program and what off-season changes might, or might not happen.

The offense hasn't really improved at all anywhere and has regressed heavily in multiple areas.

The offense is without Rambo and Harley from last year, lost Chaney and Citizen before the season, lost Restrepo before aTm and George before MTSU—and now Parrish is banged up, as Knighton has been.

The "regression" chatter is a bit much considering the amount of talent last year's 7-5 team has since lost going into 2022. This program can hardly afford to lose players of this caliber with such a weak-*** two-deep.

Wasn't feeling Mario's interview. He was definitely on the defensive but smooth enough with his words to get a pass.

Gattis is a complete jackass. I stopped listening to his bull**** about two minutes in, and have zero confidence in him to right his wrongs.

Steele is a G. I like that guy; I appreciate his demeanor and approach. He accepts responsibility for his defense and gives me confidence that issues we have seen will be addressed.

Advertisement
Back