Mario is Doing the Work

AmherstCane

Recruit
Mario’s mantra has been work it into reality.

Don’t like where you’re at? Do the work to change it.

In one offseason we have gone from trench babies to trench bullies.

We just out-trenched TAMU (SEC team with allegedly one of the best rosters in the nation) on BOTH sides of the ball.

Yeah **** ain’t perfect, yeah I’ve bytched about TVD… but Mario is DOING THE WORK.

Doing the work turns losers into winners. Doing the work turns lifeless stadiums into madhouses of mayhem.

So, sure, let’s bytch about the things that need work, but let’s not forget that they are DOING THE WORK. The proof is already on the field… and god willing it will migrate up onto the scoreboard sooner than later. And, if it doesn’t, nobody is going to outwork Mario to fix it.

Advertisement
I Like It Yes GIF by New York Mets

Less podcasts more time with WRs for TVD - do the work…

I agree and as much as I’ve vented on this board I 100% believe that Mario is on that. In fact the ESPN article even talked about that - Mario/Gattis getting on him to make a group text with the receivers.

My literal only concern is that TVD potentially puts Mario in a real tough spot because the optics of a pre-season Heisman contender getting benched are not good (even if the reality is that the work isn’t getting done behind the scenes - and to be clear that’s where I’m a speculating *** message board fan lol).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Finally, someone who isn’t menstruating all over the forum.

Our improved line play is the best news in 15 years. Our defensive personnel are developing before our eyes. WR is an abject failure right now, but **** at least we can run the ball. This dynamic coupled with the improving defense should keep us in most games, even against a Clemson.

It’s like the pillars of this forum bought into the Oregon fan complaints. Oregon doesn’t know what a tough program is supposed to look like.

It looks like we’re setting the proper foundation. Let it play out before we embarrass ourselves even more. Idk how much “cane tears” type material has been splattered all over this place.

He’s the right coach to lead us back to the top of the mountain. Anyone who can’t see that and doesn’t support him 100% is an idiot. It’s truly that simple. It’s going to take a another three classes to get us back into the conversation, outside of being fake playoff hopefuls. I trust his opinions, leadership and coaching decisions over everyone on this board. He’s Donna’s worst nightmare. He’s perfect. He’s a storied winner, a Hurricane, a conservative A type personality. He has the mental makeup of almost every National Championship coach and program builder we’ve been wishing for over the last two decades.

While I don't think there's any acceptable excuse for the WR situation and that certainly precedes this staff but doesn't absolve them, I absolutely think we've seen an immediate and very tangible improvement in the trenches.

I personally think the trenches are the hardest thing to get right in-season so I'll definitely take that as a building block and have work to do at a skill position(s) than vice versa.

It's obviously wayyy too early for most assertions but I'm leaning real heavy right now into Mirabal being the real deal.

Advertisement

We just out-trenched TAMU (SEC team with allegedly one of the best rosters in the nation) on BOTH sides of the ball.

Yeah **** ain’t perfect, yeah I’ve bytched about TVD… but Mario is DOING THE WORK.

Doing the work turns losers into winners. Doing the work turns lifeless stadiums into madhouses of mayhem.

So, sure, let’s bytch about the things that need work, but let’s not forget that they are DOING THE WORK. The proof is already on the field… and god willing it will migrate up onto the scoreboard sooner than later. And, if it doesn’t, nobody is going to outwork Mario to fix it.
U better say it

While I don't think there's any acceptable excuse for the WR situation and that certainly precedes this staff but doesn't absolve them, I absolutely think we've seen an immediate and very tangible improvement in the trenches.

I personally think the trenches are the hardest thing to get right in-season so I'll definitely take that as a building block and have work to do at a skill position(s) than vice versa.

It's obviously wayyy too early for most assertions but I'm leaning real heavy right now into Mirabal being the real deal.
Good post

He’s the right coach to lead us back to the top of the mountain. Anyone who can’t see that and doesn’t support him 100% is an idiot. It’s truly that simple. It’s going to take a another three classes to get us back into the conversation, outside of being fake playoff hopefuls. I trust his opinions, leadership and coaching decisions over everyone on this board. He’s Donna’s worst nightmare. He’s perfect. He’s a storied winner, a Hurricane, a conservative A type personality. He has the mental makeup of almost every National Championship coach and program builder we’ve been wishing for over the last two decades.

90072002-4D49-4550-922D-FAEA891A79AD.gif

Advertisement
Finally, someone who isn’t menstruating all over the forum.

Our improved line play is the best news in 15 years. Our defensive personnel are developing before our eyes. WR is an abject failure right now, but **** at least we can run the ball. This dynamic coupled with the improving defense should keep us in most games, even against a Clemson.

It’s like the pillars of this forum bought into the Oregon fan complaints. Oregon doesn’t know what a tough program is supposed to look like.

It looks like we’re setting the proper foundation. Let it play out before we embarrass ourselves even more. Idk how much “cane tears” type material has been splattered all over this place.
CIS is looking into a sponsorship partnership with Always.

No doubt big improvement in the trenches now let’s see if we can keep a solid run game and improve the pass game👍🙌❤️

Advertisement

Yeah, not completely his fault about the WRs. He didn’t have a full recruiting cycle to fix the problems. I do think Manny outdid him in the WR portal — ie, Rambo, etc — but the talent he left behind was weak — except for Restrepo, who now is hurt. We need to give it a little more time. improving schemes and play calling may be an answer.

Facts, when we get the studs it will be hard for kids at skill positions to turn away. Skill guys want to play with stacked fronts period.

Donna has been gone for a few years now, what does she have to do with anything being done here? Also, without her building up UHealth and getting that profitable it's likely the school doesn't have the funds/resources to invest into the football program the way that MC wanted to be done in order for him to take the job.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back