Mario Cristobal

We're more of a joke now than we've been over the past 15 years? We're more of a joke now than we were when we lost 48-0 to UVA on national TV in the last game of our sacred stadium? We're more of a joke now than we were when we were down 52-6 to Kansas State in 2012? Come on. That's simply not true. It CAN'T be true. Nothing could be worse than that, and those games were 5 years apart....we sucked for a few years before UVA and we've sucked for 6 years after K-State.

At least now if you close one eye and look in the right light we've got halfway decent facilities, or at least not the worst in the P5 and one of the worst in the country. I don't necessarily disagree with just about all of what you said, but I think saying we're more of a joke now than at any point in the totally joke filled last 15 years is a little reactionary. It's bad, it's been bad, but it's no worse than it's been.
I personally disagree. When I say what a joke we are I dont mean the team in itself. This thread is about mario and his inability to coach or recruit apparently. I'm strictly talking about our staff. That's what I mean when I say a colossal joke we've never before seen. We've obviously had plenty of bad coaches on different staffs. But never before has it been a staff full of the. That I cam honestly think of. Our issue right now is from head to toe we are draped in all designer goods from the us1 fleamarket(just like all of mannys chains) did any of those teams celebrate mediocrity the way we do when our coaches FORCE kids to play into these stereo types they're already up against by putting on a chain or some dumbass rings? Those were bad times that honestly I try my best to forget. Especially that last year in the ob squad.

Advertisement
Not my point, Mario had decent staff, but started getting all public with his issues. Ran off good people.

Manny, may very well be beefing with his guys buts it's not really public outside of his messages of his involvement in the defense.

Beside Enos seems to have way more 'believers' than Baker for some reason.

Anyway, I'd take Mario any day, just not as a HC. BTW his middle name is MANUEL

LMAO
You down with MMC?

Hindsight is 20/20. He let Arroyo make that call y la cagaron. All the hate because Mario left Al Golden’s useless staff and went to Bama. Btw JJ had a lot to do with that move.

Nah, all the hate because he's a corch and we can do (much) better.

Not sooooo fast my friend. lol.

Those 2 play in the current worst conference of the power 5. Our agressive prevent is the same sh*t they see every week out there in the pac 10. Any team with a resemblance of a defense will always give those teams trouble.
Yes and no. #1 if this resembles defense it's like Ellen resembles zach from saved by the bell. With manny we will play far better d. But with Daniel's at qb that offense is potentially elite. How do you think we do against a elite offense... hahahaha #2 the defense and offense we see and struggle against weekly arent on that level. But I dont wanna slander the kids just to make a point. I'm just saying people need to take a hard look in the mirror before we critique everyone else.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sooooo fast my friend. lol.

Those 2 play in the current worst conference of the power 5. Our agressive prevent is the same sh*t they see every week out there in the pac 10. Any team with a resemblance of a defense will always give those teams trouble.
And for us a team in the acc coastal to say anything about the worst conference in p5 is rich if it doesnt start and end with acc coastal.

Advertisement
And for us a team in the acc coastal to say anything about the worst conference in p5 is rich if it doesnt start and end with acc coastal.

Agreed. The ACC this year is BY FAR the worst P5 conference. It's not even close. The ACC is very close to the AAC actually. The AAC is 6th....the metrics have the ACC (5th) much closer to that than the Pac-12 (4th).

You're really kidding yourself if you think that. Even fink the third string qb would get off with the defense we call. Wr & rb match ups would be no bueno & we cant block a dead blind mute. I meant with jt Daniel's at qb when I said this initially but after seeing our approach so far I doubt it would matter. We've struggled in each and every game we've played this year yet you're confident in this teams ability to hang with any team... ok
You're acting as if USC is a powerhouse. They are middle of the pack in the PAC 12. A conference with no type of defense. A conference where a mediocre UCF team beat the dog **** out of Stanford. USC is just as big of a clown show as the Canes right now. Their coach is gone at the end of the year. It would be a close game no matter how much you hate this defense. Trust me, I hate how this defense plays too. I've never seen so many 3rd and Long conversions in my life.

You guys are ridiculous! Many has been here not even a full year and hasn't had a full recruiting cycle or a full season coaching. I know many of you on here a few years ago were ****ting all over Mario. Now he's winning and you all are like he's the answer. Oregon is a much easier job than Miami. Mario has never won more than 9 games in a season. Is that good enough for you all? Maybe he's good, maybe he's not...

Manny has been here for 4 yrs, and we've been complaining about his lack of recruiting prowess for 4 yrs.

Advertisement
I know a couple kids that played for him at FIU wasn't my players at the time but they attended my training studio to work out in the off season . Some stated negatively that his game management skills are not what they were accustomed to from their respectable star studded high school programs.
Now... take that for what it's worth. IJS.

It was his first stint as a HC. And he moved up to HC from being a OL coach with no experience calling plays or anything. Not saying he’s a superstar coach because he’s far from that but FIU during his time was a program that valued athletics less than we do with Pete Garcia yet he still led that program to two bowl appearances and a number of drafted players. He’s the best they ever had. FIU also lost like all their games the season before he was hired.

All that being said, he was young back then at a toxic program. I still don’t think he’s an elite coach. I think he’s still a work in progress but he’s been doing good at Oregon. And we can’t ignore that he can recruit. Signed Antonio Brown and TY Hilton in b2b classes.

Advertisement
Back