Mario Cristobal

Advertisement
You guys are ridiculous! Many has been here not even a full year and hasn't had a full recruiting cycle or a full season coaching. I know many of you on here a few years ago were ****ting all over Mario. Now he's winning and you all are like he's the answer. Oregon is a much easier job than Miami. Mario has never won more than 9 games in a season. Is that good enough for you all? Maybe he's good, maybe he's not...
And I don't want to be the program that ****es away 4 years figuring out that he's not.

I know a couple kids that played for him at FIU wasn't my players at the time but they attended my training studio to work out in the off season . Some stated negatively that his game management skills are not what they were accustomed to from their respectable star studded high school programs.
Now... take that for what it's worth. IJS.

Advertisement
They about to be 5-2 after they lose to Washington on Saturday.

They got 3 really tough games left on their schedule after Washington, @ USC, AZ & @ AZ St, I got them going 1-2 in those 3 games. They'll beat Wash St & Oregon St but I have them finishing 8-4 on the season.

we all know predictions matter more than actual accomplishments....

They about to be 5-2 after they lose to Washington on Saturday.

They got 3 really tough games left on their schedule after Washington, @ USC, AZ & @ AZ St, I got them going 1-2 in those 3 games. They'll beat Wash St & Oregon St but I have them finishing 8-4 on the season.

I don't follow them enough..but I know Richt left a mess on the O line, qb, and well most of the team...it's not an instant fix. Talk to me about replacing Manny in year 2 or 3...if we don't make improvements.

Advertisement
Why this bromance with so many for Mario?....................good lawd, let him show something in ALL ROUND Coaching before bestowing the halo on him.
Look, he is a Cane, knows what it is to run through the smoke, and once a Cane always a Cane.................................but give it a break.
He is learning and building his Coach resume like so many others, but **** guys......run with what you got, until you need to make changes.
Mario is not Saban, or even Dabo, but to read some posts about him you would think that he walks on clouds, and waves a magic wand to make teams transform into instant winners.
It ain't so......................................seriously...

They think he’ll be able to get all the kids from sofla the way he did when he had bama bags and saban behind him. Unless he wins a lot in Oregon he’s not getting any recruiting bump here.
Manny hasn’t been a hc but also doesn’t have a track record of not winning sht like willie. If Mario doesn’t win that conference or string out a few 10 win seasons then what will make Florida kids consider UM If he’s our coach?

Advertisement
They think he’ll be able to get all the kids from sofla the way he did when he had bama bags and saban behind him. Unless he wins a lot in Oregon he’s not getting any recruiting bump here.
Manny hasn’t been a hc but also doesn’t have a track record of not winning sht like willie. If Mario doesn’t win that conference or string out a few 10 win seasons then what will make Florida kids consider UM If he’s our coach?
He is getting studs, and he will get south florida kids here and there. Mario is killing It in Cali, Texas, and he has a few Sourth Florida kids visiting soon.

Sure he's 5-1 this year...in year 2...let's not say he's a worldbeater...he is 20 games below .500

Yes, he is one of ours, but I'm not sure he's any better than what we currently have.
He is building a power house up there in two years he will be in the playoff.

Advertisement
Have any of you ever watched an Oregon game or do you just blurt out the hot name at any given second? Watch this video, actually just skip to 2:00. Oregon has the ball and all they have to do is knee it and the game would've been over. But instead, they run it, fumble, and Stanford eventually wins. Horrible in game coaching

Oregon spends more money on recruiting than we do.

If the administration decided to stop being greedy ******** & actually put some of that money they're hoarding into the Football program you'd see a drastic increase in Miami's recruiting overall.

And I'm not saying that as a Defense for Manny, because he's not very good recruiter & never really has been. It's more about regardless of who the coach is we will continue to have trouble recruiting at an elite level because we don't spend what is required to be a winning program.

They don't pay top dollar for coaches so no big time coach would ever wanna come down to Miami to begin with in the first place & we don't have the same recruiting budgets as the top schools in college football, therefore our recruiting suffers, which results in putting a bad product on the field, which results in losses, which makes us less attractive to high level recruits. It's all a cycle.

The formula to breaking it starts with the administration deciding to spend money, hiring a competent AD & conducting a legitimate coaching search for a good coach that will then bring in a great staff. We're paying Manny only $3mill a year which is about what you would pay for a first time HC, but they didn't do their due diligence & put together a stronger vetting process before hiring him.

If we ever plan on being a competitive team that can actually eventually become a contender, we're going to have to pay the next HC $5mill out the gate & give him enough to hire a good staff around him, then we're going to have to increase our recruiting budget to be on par with the top 10 schools.

Mario is a good recruiter because he's been at 2 programs that spend money on recruiting, could he do the same at somewhere that doesn't? No... He couldn't & no coach can really.

This....But an elite level head coach is gonna run you about 7Mil a year, Miami was paying Richt about 5 mil a year.

Advertisement
Back