Mario Cristobal

Oregon spends more money on recruiting than we do.

If the administration decided to stop being greedy ******** & actually put some of that money they're hoarding into the Football program you'd see a drastic increase in Miami's recruiting overall.

And I'm not saying that as a Defense for Manny, because he's not very good recruiter & never really has been. It's more about regardless of who the coach is we will continue to have trouble recruiting at an elite level because we don't spend what is required to be a winning program.

They don't pay top dollar for coaches so no big time coach would ever wanna come down to Miami to begin with in the first place & we don't have the same recruiting budgets as the top schools in college football, therefore our recruiting suffers, which results in putting a bad product on the field, which results in losses, which makes us less attractive to high level recruits. It's all a cycle.

The formula to breaking it starts with the administration deciding to spend money, hiring a competent AD & conducting a legitimate coaching search for a good coach that will then bring in a great staff. We're paying Manny only $3mill a year which is about what you would pay for a first time HC, but they didn't do their due diligence & put together a stronger vetting process before hiring him.

If we ever plan on being a competitive team that can actually eventually become a contender, we're going to have to pay the next HC $5mill out the gate & give him enough to hire a good staff around him, then we're going to have to increase our recruiting budget to be on par with the top 10 schools.

Mario is a good recruiter because he's been at 2 programs that spend money on recruiting, could he do the same at somewhere that doesn't? No... He couldn't & no coach can really.
You do realize mario was on this staff dont you? He was considered our top recruiter before he ever even left for fiu... I understand people here have hatred towards mario because hes a cane where most of them are simply fair weather & he left a dumpster fire spot with alfraud for a serious raise and to work under a man he could actually learn from at the same time. People here need to stop pretending they know **** about ****. Same morons complaining about mario as a game day coach and citing his experience etc are the same people who had the exact arguement for butch... alot of similarities there for plenty of reasons. Anyone stupid enough to think manny is now or ever will be able to become what we need is a blind fool. The man lacks in every category necessary AND when he walks into your living room to close kids parents he has a lisp that sounds eerily similar to Elmer fudd. Fvck outta here with complaining about anyone else while we have our current reality. Just fly yalls **** banners and #DOSOMETHING
P.s. el while u bring up valid points your also undermining your own logic. This man is a horrible recruiter and money doesnt trump evaluations. Something about this town being obsessed with videographers as head coaches is wearing on my nerves. If it's not spoelstra its Elmer here. You say IF Miami made such and such commitment. Well at what point have we had that commitment then since the 90s because we've been exactly what you see from a production standpoint or commitment level since late 90s yet we've NEVER been such a joke. On the field or more accurately in regards to the recruiting stance ur speaking on. Would be great if we were committed as a program but itll be minimal returns so long as we got a staff who brings in projects at every corner and we arent able to coach them up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You do realize mario was on this staff dont you? He was considered our top recruiter before he ever even left for fiu... I understand people here have hatred towards mario because hes a cane where most of them are simply fair weather & he left a dumpster fire spot with alfraud for a serious raise and to work under a man he could actually learn from at the same time. People here need to stop pretending they know **** about ****. Same morons complaining about mario as a game day coach and citing his experience etc are the same people who had the exact arguement for butch... alot of similarities there for plenty of reasons. Anyone stupid enough to think manny is now or ever will be able to become what we need is a blind fool. The man lacks in every category necessary AND when he walks into your living room to close kids parents he has a lisp that sounds eerily similar to Elmer fudd. Fvck outta here with complaining about anyone else while we have our current reality. Just fly yalls **** banners and #DOSOMETHING

Usually when someone has to resort to personal attacks to speak negative of someone Its not a good sign

P.s. el while u bring up valid points your also undermining your own logic. This man is a horrible recruiter and money doesnt trump evaluations. Something about this town being obsessed with videographers as head coaches is wearing on my nerves. If it's not spoelstra its Elmer here. You say IF Miami made such and such commitment. Well at what point have we had that commitment then since the 90s because we've been exactly what you see from a production standpoint or commitment level since late 90s yet we've NEVER been such a joke. On the field or more accurately in regards to the recruiting stance ur speaking on. Would be great if we were committed as a program but itll be minimal returns so long as we got a staff who brings in projects at every corner and we arent able to coach them up.
Very well said.

They about to be 5-2 after they lose to Washington on Saturday.

They got 3 really tough games left on their schedule after Washington, @ USC, AZ & @ AZ St, I got them going 1-2 in those 3 games. They'll beat Wash St & Oregon St but I have them finishing 8-4 on the season.

Spot on.

Advertisement
we all know predictions matter more than actual accomplishments....
Have any of you ever watched an Oregon game or do you just blurt out the hot name at any given second? Watch this video, actually just skip to 2:00. Oregon has the ball and all they have to do is knee it and the game would've been over. But instead, they run it, fumble, and Stanford eventually wins. Horrible in game coaching

If the administration decided to stop being greedy ******** & actually put some of that money they're hoarding into the Football program you'd see a drastic increase in Miami's recruiting overall.

And I'm not saying that as a Defense for Manny, because he's not very good recruiter & never really has been. It's more about regardless of who the coach is we will continue to have trouble recruiting at an elite level because we don't spend what is required to be a winning program.

They don't pay top dollar for coaches so no big time coach would ever wanna come down to Miami to begin with in the first place & we don't have the same recruiting budgets as the top schools in college football, therefore our recruiting suffers, which results in putting a bad product on the field, which results in losses, which makes us less attractive to high level recruits. It's all a cycle.

The formula to breaking it starts with the administration deciding to spend money, hiring a competent AD & conducting a legitimate coaching search for a good coach that will then bring in a great staff. We're paying Manny only $3mill a year which is about what you would pay for a first time HC, but they didn't do their due diligence & put together a stronger vetting process before hiring him.

If we ever plan on being a competitive team that can actually eventually become a contender, we're going to have to pay the next HC $5mill out the gate & give him enough to hire a good staff around him, then we're going to have to increase our recruiting budget to be on par with the top 10 schools.

Mario is a good recruiter because he's been at 2 programs that spend money on recruiting, could he do the same at somewhere that doesn't? No... He couldn't & no coach can really.
Ok

Advertisement
Have any of you ever watched an Oregon game or do you just blurt out the hot name at any given second? Watch this video, actually just skip to 2:00. Oregon has the ball and all they have to do is knee it and the game would've been over. But instead, they run it, fumble, and Stanford eventually wins. Horrible in game coaching

i saw that game while it was being played. i couldn't believe it. gross negligence bordering on the criminal. my first thought was, those f@cks at CIS that suck Mario's chorizo need to see THAT game. this was a coach with 70 plus HC games already.

No they wouldn't. Stop it.
You're really kidding yourself if you think that. Even fink the third string qb would get off with the defense we call. Wr & rb match ups would be no bueno & we cant block a dead blind mute. I meant with jt Daniel's at qb when I said this initially but after seeing our approach so far I doubt it would matter. We've struggled in each and every game we've played this year yet you're confident in this teams ability to hang with any team... ok

Advertisement
i saw that game while it was being played. i couldn't believe it. gross negligence bordering on the criminal. my first thought was, those f@cks at CIS that suck Mario's chorizo need to see THAT game. this was a coach with 70 plus HC games already.
Hindsight is 20/20. He let Arroyo make that call y la cagaron. All the hate because Mario left Al Golden’s useless staff and went to Bama. Btw JJ had a lot to do with that move.

@Liberty City El i dont think i found 1 sentence that i disagree with lol

Advertisement
You're really kidding yourself if you think that. Even fink the third string qb would get off with the defense we call. Wr & rb match ups would be no bueno & we cant block a dead blind mute. I meant with jt Daniel's at qb when I said this initially but after seeing our approach so far I doubt it would matter. We've struggled in each and every game we've played this year yet you're confident in this teams ability to hang with any team... ok
Only two players on our team would start a
How did we go from Number 1 to 17th??? Dang it.
unfortunately we will probably have more decommits.

Advertisement
Back