Mario Cristobal

Advertisement
The criticism of Luigi has nothing to do with Botch. The Luigi slurpers/Columbus High cult only exacerbate it when he shows that he's a corch and they continue to guzzle the Kool Aid. He's repeatedly shown himself to be a head corch in the past, is still doing so this season and will continue to do so in the future.
Tad did you go to Columbus?

It is so comforting that one can read posts here and get complete objectivity. LOL

I hope Harbaugh takes over the Dolphins and we draft Herbert. Not saying he's the end all but he certainly beats the alternative.
I'm not a Fins fan... but that scenario sounds interesting for the Dolfans. If Herbert ends up being hot pickens, another Suck for Luck year may be in order. Or get lucky like a Marino late in the first round or even luckier $ and get him like a Brady in the sixth round. I assume you are talking about getting James Harbaugh right?

The splash hire is always great. It certainly creates a buzz around the program. Look at the excitement when Richt was hired. However, we have never made the splash hire. Howard and Butch were assistants, Jimmy and Dennis came from small programs with little fanfare. Times are different though.

Howard was former NFL HC with tree branches from The Bear, Shula, and George Allen at the Rams. I was there, He was a splash. Butch was an assistant as was Coker and Randy. JJ was big enough that Sam never though to recruit him, just asked him for a recommendation. JJ snatch the chance in an elevator. Dennis was proof that with Butch/JJ recruits a decent coach could win NCs until they were gone. Coker proved that an idiot could win one with a squad full of only Butch recruits until the seniors move on. Except for Howard, we have never hired well, just got lucky once or twice.

Advertisement
Tad did you go to Columbus?

No bro. I'm not Cuban with a goatee and slightly overweight and married to the girl from St. Brendan's that I've been dating since we were 14 (even though I cheated on her repeatedly with a **** from Lourdes). I don't have 2 kids (the son is already definitely going to Columbus) and I don't still live in Southwest Dade......within 5 mins of my parents, my tio and tia and all my in-laws.

Ohhhh, I support the University of Miami over any high school allegiances too.

The criticism of Luigi has nothing to do with Botch. The Luigi slurpers/Columbus High cult only exacerbate it when he shows that he's a corch and they continue to guzzle the Kool Aid. He's repeatedly shown himself to be a head corch in the past, is still doing so this season and will continue to do so in the future.

FIU was garbage until Cristobal got there and he had them respectable considering they are our little brother and get the scraps that the big schools leave behind. FlU was garbage after he left until now. He only spent one year under a coach that we're seeing isn't that great at FSU. He's halfway through his first season. The jury is still out on him as to whether he is a good coach and if he can win at a major program.

Amateur hour on this site. Why are we crowning or crucifying Cristobal on year 1?

That being said, I’ll never understand the hatred Mario gets here. History shows that leaving that ****** Golden staff for Alabama (under Saban) was a smart move. Now he’s the Head Coach at Oregon. Killing it in recruiting wise and has the program going in the right direction.

I said it at the time, he made the right decision by dumping Al in favor of Saban. You would've had to have been one truly special kind of person (not the good kind of special) to turn Saban's offer down.

I still remember some of the ******* and fanboys like Franchise calling him cute little names when he got out of here. Dudes got clowned on when Al and company got shown the door and Mario just kept climbing the ladder. Your dumbasses would've been unemployed and looking for your next paycheck while Mario got a raise and was moving up in the world.

I have no idea how his story as a head coach will end, but even if he fails at Oregon, he's still more of a Cane than his detractors and far more successful than any of you in this profession.

FIU was garbage until Cristobal got there and he had them respectable considering they are our little brother and get the scraps that the big schools leave behind. FlU was garbage after he left until now. He only spent one year under a coach that we're seeing isn't that great at FSU. He's halfway through his first season. The jury is still out on him as to whether he is a good coach and if he can win at a major program.

He left FIU as an 11-14 corch in his last two seasons and 0-1 in bowls with a 4th and 8th place finish in the conference. That ain't exactly respectable. But but but Pete Garcia, right?

Advertisement
I said it at the time, he made the right decision by dumping Al in favor of Saban. You would've had to have been one truly special kind of person (not the good kind of special) to turn Saban's offer down.

I still remember some of the ******* and fanboys like Franchise calling him cute little names when he got out of here. Dudes got clowned on when Al and company got shown the door and Mario just kept climbing the ladder. Your dumbasses would've been unemployed and looking for your next paycheck while Mario got a raise and was moving up in the world.

I have no idea how his story as a head coach will end, but even if he fails at Oregon, he's still more of a Cane than his detractors and far more successful than any of you in this profession.

The ol' "He's moarrrr of a Cane and moarrrrr successful than you haters!" argument.

A) Joe Bugel, Rich Kotite and Randy-Al Shangolden are all more successful coaches than any of us. So? That's no immunity from criticism.

B) The moarrrrr of a Cane is impossible to quantify. I dunno though. Not many of us have badmouthed our alma mater to get ahead professionally. Especially after getting a free education and even drawing a paycheck from said institution.

No bro. I'm not Cuban with a goatee and slightly overweight and married to the girl from St. Brendan's that I've been dating since we were 14 (even though I cheated on her repeatedly with a **** from Lourdes). I don't have 2 kids (the son is already definitely going to Columbus) and I don't still live in Southwest Dade......within 5 mins of my parents, my tio and tia and all my in-laws.

So where did you go to school?

Brother... if I didn't know you better I would think that you have a problem with Cubans and the Cuban culture. But I know those things wouldn't influence your acute football analysis, and that hatred or prejudice would never be any part of your posts. Please forgive anybody who would judge you unjustly and incorrectly.
Go Canes.

Brother... if I didn't know you better I would think that you have a problem with Cubans and the Cuban culture. But I know those things wouldn't influence your acute football analysis, and that hatred or prejudice would never be any part of your posts. Please forgive anybody who would judge you unjustly and incorrectly.
Go Canes.

Couldn't be more removed from the truth, bro. I'm the biggest Miami/Hispanic culture apologist there is. That's just the Columbus stereotype though. And nothing it it is even a negative. It just explains (with some comedy) why Cristobal also has a network of apologists.

Advertisement
He left FIU as an 11-14 corch in his last two seasons and 0-1 in bowls with a 4th and 8th place finish in the conference. That ain't exactly respectable. But but but Pete Garcia, right?

He was 8-5 and then 3-9. A program that had only existed for 11 years when he was fired and played only 8 years at the FBS level. Not exactly your established juggernaut. I think a newbie program like that is allowed an off year after losing its best player to the draft and two key starters injured for quite a bit of time. As I said earlier, It's too early to make an accurate determination.

The St. Brendan’s girl thing is so accurate lmao.

Advertisement
Robert Morgan. If you need any welding work done....I'm your dude.
Awesome will keep that in mind. Hey man i cheer for mario and my cousin who is on his staff. Mario will never come to the U he loves Oregon and they love him as well. I love the canes and my concern is our offense. I went to Columbus yes i am overweight, bald, don't have a goatee and don't live in SW. I did find your comment about Lourdes and St Brendans to be awesome!

Advertisement
Back